MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well first impressions of the big van

It's feckn massive , it's also not clean it needs cleaned from top to bottom , fair bit of mold inside as not been aired , surface rust underneath similar to mine but nothing the morrocans couldn't clean up and paint . The alugas cylinders expired 2018 , no water , gas in it to check things

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!

It's feckn massive , it's also not clean it needs cleaned from top to bottom , fair bit of mold inside as not been aired , surface rust underneath similar to mine but nothing the morrocans couldn't clean up and paint . The alugas cylinders expired 2018 , no water , gas in it to check things
All things to get the asking price down a bit๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

Iโ€™d have got the green one down to ยฃ56.50๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.

Do I hear a list of negotiations being compiled๐Ÿ˜‡ it will get cheaper every hour from now on as the lists grow ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.

I would get some gas and some water , I would want to know exactly what works and what doesnโ€™t .
Surprises will always cost money, unless someone left a suitcase with some extra funds๐Ÿ˜‡

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Tam, Iโ€™m sure your new mate will be able to get gas, water etc he sells Caraโ€™s and old Nissan day vans.
Unless heโ€™s wanting to hide stuff.
The mold was really expected as been stood and he obviously ainโ€™t done much to it.
Was engine ok,
Any damp with it being a bit moldy
Did you check gennie?

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Tam, Iโ€™m sure your new mate will be able to get gas, water etc he sells Caraโ€™s and old Nissan day vans.
Unless heโ€™s wanting to hide stuff.
The mold was really expected as been stood and he obviously ainโ€™t done much to it.
Was engine ok,
Any damp with it being a bit moldy
Did you check gennie?
Brakes?

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
And Iโ€™ve got a 14 kg one sat in garage I canโ€™t use ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ

And itโ€™s full๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ

If itโ€™s full itโ€™ll be at working pressure; using it will reduce that pressure making it safer as you use it.

If youโ€™re concerned about safety just donโ€™t refill it.

Ian

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If itโ€™s full itโ€™ll be at working pressure; using it will reduce that pressure making it safer as you use it.

Ian
Exactly what I was going to post, then thought better of it as folks are bound to argue with me.
Surely it's more dangerous sitting in garage full than it is using it.
It's not going to get younger.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I know Alugas lightweight gas bottles are German Manufacture, with 2 prices, 1 for supplying new, 2 for supplying new replacements, handing in your old for refurbishment.
Lenny HB will be along in a minute to remind us the prices again for making the trip to Germany worthwhile.(y)
I wonder what they do to the cylinders to refurb them?, check for internal corrosion, pressure test for leaks, maybe change valves also, then put a new 10 year use date on them.
If I had an out of date full one, I would connect it, check for leaks with my gas detector, and if OK use it until empty, after all its gotta be emptied to be refurbished.
Basildog is the man in The UK to ask about these things, as he supplies & fits them.(y)
LES

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!

Ian
Itโ€™s in the garage at home, it wonโ€™t fit in the motorhome (too tall ) Iโ€™ve offered a swap on here for a 11kg 3 years ago but no takers, so itโ€™s still there full๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I know Alugas lightweight gas bottles are German Manufacture, with 2 prices, 1 for supplying new, 2 for supplying new replacements, handing in your old for refurbishment.
Lenny HB will be along in a minute to remind us the prices again for making the trip to Germany worthwhile.(y)
I wonder what they do to the cylinders to refurb them?, check for internal corrosion, pressure test for leaks, maybe change valves also, then put a new 10 year use date on them.
If I had an out of date full one, I would connect it, check for leaks with my gas detector, and if OK use it until empty, after all its gotta be emptied to be refurbished.
Basildog is the man in The UK to ask about these things, as he supplies & fits them.(y)
LES
We had ours refurbished and posted this thread, ๐Ÿ˜ good for another 10 years.

Thread 'Refillable gas bottle good for another 10 years.
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/refillable-gas-bottle-good-for-another-10-years-๐Ÿ˜Ž.224317/

๐Ÿ˜Ž Bob.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I thought he might have at least given it a bit if a clean inside and out, especially as someone has put a holding deposit on it and is coming a long way to view it, plus if heโ€™s got a caravan business then he will be used to cleaning before sale or his staff will?

Jun 25, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
I thought he might have at least given it a bit if a clean inside and out, especially as someone has put a holding deposit on it and is coming a long way to view it, plus if heโ€™s got a caravan business then he will be used to cleaning before sale or his staff will?
But uncleaned ,you get to see it warts and all๐Ÿค”

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Itโ€™s too hot to clean, even in Wales for a change ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜Ž

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Tamโ€™s very quiet the noo! Must be some serious negotiation going on regarding the bawbees perhaps??
Heโ€™s probably working on a deal with his new Betsy to bring the pitch vans up to scratch.
Could be a job prospect for him there.
Has a place to pitch and can store both vans while working on them, what do you think Northernraider

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I've not read all the comments etc but u will do later.

Just a quick note to say I've not made any decisions yet or done any negotiation. He appreciates its a big decision for me and as I said I don't want to make any rash decisions, I've had a bit of a chat with Chris about it as he's here with me, I'll have a chat with uncle lenny and captain Paul and of course you guys on here to thrash out all the pros and cons etc and I told him I'd let him know tomorrow.

Just heading to Jackie's now

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
I've not read all the comments etc but u will do later.

Just a quick note to say I've not made any decisions yet or done any negotiation. He appreciates its a big decision for me and as I said I don't want to make any rash decisions, I've had a bit of a chat with Chris about it as he's here with me, I'll have a chat with uncle lenny and captain Paul and of course you guys on here to thrash out all the pros and cons etc and I told him I'd let him know tomorrow.

Just heading to Jackie's now
Jeeez, thatโ€™s the sort of cliffhanger normally only shown in Eastenders ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‡

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
There be more out there .if decide not to go for it .
Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I expect Tam is compiling a list of Pro's & Cons.
If the pros vastly outweigh the cons, then its negotiable, however if the cons involve a lot of time & unknown costs then it might be best to hold off.
Good luck to him, he will make a decision and post on here as soon as he has had a chance to balance it all out.
I also thought a casual job for a few months at the yard before end of season could be a good option but only Tam knows the bloke, so we can only guess if that option could exist.
LES

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back