MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
I'll have a chat with uncle lenny and captain Paul
Oh no! 😯😫
He only wants to blame me if something goes wrong with the fecking thing in the next year or two! 🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
You’ve enough experience Tam of vehicles and motorhomes to know what will suit you and your lifestyle etc.
I’m sure you wouldn’t have bothered looking at it if it didn’t have some of what you’re after.

Whether it’s right mechanically and hab side is another matter. But I’m sure you will both have checked it over well.

Good idea to sleep and think on it….although the suspense is killing me!…

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well first impressions of the big van

It's feckn massive , it's also not clean it needs cleaned from top to bottom , fair bit of mold inside as not been aired , surface rust underneath similar to mine but nothing the morrocans couldn't clean up and paint . The alugas cylinders expired 2018 , no water , gas in it to check things
Yes 8.5 metres is no small van but they are quite tall as well which just adds to the overall impression, and can cause problems if you are in the habit of hiding under trees :unsure:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If it didn’t grab you from the off and scream that it is the van for you that you have to think about over night then I don’t think it’s the van for you Tam….🤔
Ach it's not that . It's how much I'm willing to pay for it without physically being able to check everything. It's a bit of a gamble .. I'm pretty sure most of it will be fine ...

Overall I love the space it offers, the level of spec it has etc and unbelievably it's only 90cm longer than moby with the scooter on back and going from outside of mirrors moby is wider . But the body on the big van is Overall wider .

Chris and I compared them side by side and measured with a tape .

The windscreen is bigger than the one in the euramobil or frankia but the van itself is the same size .

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Ach it's not that . It's how much I'm willing to pay for it without physically being able to check everything. It's a bit of a gamble .. I'm pretty sure most of it will be fine ...

Overall I love the space it offers, the level of spec it has etc and unbelievably it's only 90cm longer than moby with the scooter on back and going from outside of mirrors moby is wider . But the body on the big van is Overall wider .

The windscreen is bigger than the one in the euramobil or frankia but the van itself is the same size .
Let’s see some photies then.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.

You live only once ……😇

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Won’t he consider 23/24k thereabouts?
Definitely not

He's a trader remember and currently things he has gold.
He doesn't care about the van you can tell by how he treats it. It's sat up there unlocked in a yard . Madness

But he obviously has money and his attitude is basically if I don't buy it someone will even if he has to wait months.

My view is they don't come up too often at my budget for the spec and layout I want. I know I'm going to have to spend money on it over and above what I'd pay for it which is fine as long as the van is worth more than that at the end of the day.

It's a completely different van from the frankia, euramobil etc you can see and feel the difference in quality of it.

There's nothing on it that can't be sorted out with a good bit tlc .

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I know Alugas lightweight gas bottles are German Manufacture, with 2 prices, 1 for supplying new, 2 for supplying new replacements, handing in your old for refurbishment.
@Lenny HB will be along in a minute to remind us the prices again for making the trip to Germany worthwhile.(y)
I wonder what they do to the cylinders to refurb them?,
They only exchange for new now, cost me £400 for 2 x 14kg fitted, same price for 11kg.
Its going to need new filler hoses, filler inlet, regulator bottle hoses they all need replacing if over 10 years old so that's going to be over £200 or more.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Let’s see some photies then.
I didn't take a lot to be honest. But I took a few , problem is they don't compare to seeing it up close. The garage is collosal the big side locker Chris and I could both have got it there. The chassis, rear axle etc all much bigger than my current van .. considering the external sizes aren't massively different the inside space is incredibly different.

20240729_111958_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240729_110913_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240729_104653_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240729_104643_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240729_151704_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240729_122914_copy_1209x1612.jpg
20240729_122904_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I don't think there will be another N&B with that level of equipment, and low mileage history anywhere near 25K. TBH the length would put me off, but then again I don't have 4 dogs to home.
IMHO a 7mtr van or less even is the ideal length for touring as you can slip into many off grid places, provided you have decent ground clearance.
Thats why we see so many experienced Funsters, down sizing to PVC's or Narrow coach builts, they are fed up with trying to fit into in normal car parks, less stress driving through narrow town streets, and they can fit easier on their drives at home, plus reduced Ferry& Chunnel costs.
You only learn these things from your own experience, listening to others is not the same, its all about compromise as usual.
These days people are being persuaded to buy as small as they can get away with, a loo & a shower is a must for many, whereas even only a decade ago, finding park ups was much easier with larger vans, we seemed to be tolerated more with lower numbers arriving at places, now we are a blight on the landscape unless we pay for camp sites, or CCP Aires, which some do, some don't.
There is no simple answer, everyone has different ideas of what is essential, and what is not.

LES

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
So are the cab side windows ok, did you check thoroughly, sometimes it can be deceiving, ie, they are knackered but in certain light conditions you can see the misting.

Shower tray good?

Rear tyres look like they need replacement so that’s could mean all 6 do?

Full service and cam belt over a £1000

Did you start the generator?

Control panel good?

Was it a leak from roof light?

It will need a few grand spending on it at the least.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I don't think there will be another N&B with that level of equipment, and low mileage history anywhere near 25K. TBH the length would put me off, but then again I don't have 4 dogs to home.
IMHO a 7mtr van or less even is the ideal length for touring as you can slip into many off grid places, provided you have decent ground clearance.
Thats why we see so many experienced Funsters, down sizing to PVC's or Narrow coach builts, they are fed up with trying to fit into in normal car parks, less stress driving through narrow town streets, and they can fit easier on their drives at home, plus reduced Ferry& Chunnel costs.
You only learn these things from your own experience, listening to others is not the same, its all about compromise as usual.
These days people are being persuaded to buy as small as they can get away with, a loo & a shower is a must for many, whereas even only a decade ago, finding park ups was much easier with larger vans, we seemed to be tolerated more with lower numbers arriving at places, now we are a blight on the landscape unless we pay for camp sites, or CCP Aires, which some do, some don't.
There is no simple answer, everyone has different ideas of what is essential, and what is not.

LES
It’s not 25 though is it?

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I didn't take a lot to be honest. But I took a few , problem is they don't compare to seeing it up close. The garage is collosal the big side locker Chris and I could both have got it there. The chassis, rear axle etc all much bigger than my current van .. considering the external sizes aren't massively different the inside space is incredibly different.

View attachment 929559View attachment 929560View attachment 929561View attachment 929562View attachment 929563View attachment 929564View attachment 929565
They’re lovely big beasts and very well built but I decided 5 years ago to stick to 8m or under, a lot of van for the money though. The good thing is you can stick your scoot in the boot. 🤣🤣

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
So are the cab side windows ok, did you check thoroughly, sometimes it can be deceiving, ie, they are knackered but in certain light conditions you can see the misting.

Shower tray good?

Rear tyres look like they need replacement so that’s could mean all 6 do?

Full service and cam belt over a £1000

Did you start the generator?

Control panel good?

Was it a leak from roof light?

It will need a few grand spending on it at the least.
I don’t see anything wrong with the tyres unless you can see the date stamp. 🤔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back