MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (11 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Not sure if I mentioned it but we're now in Belgium.. here's a few pics of the castle in vialden.

Spoke to Jackie earlier and I'm gonna go visit her on Monday after seeing the big van . Stay there till Wednesday morning I think then head back to uncle lenny on Wednesday.

20240725_131549.jpg
20240725_131557.jpg
20240725_144647.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I may have missed it Tam but if you buy it, is it a case of advertising yours immediately and not picking the new one up until your sells? Or move ever into new van and let yours sell whenever?
Well I have to wait till I view it and discuss with seller ....but I'm hoping I can buy it ,leave it on the storage its on for a few weeks , hopefully negotiate and get seller to mot it and do the Cambelt change as part of the end deal so its not driving far without one. Meanwhile I'll head back to uncle lennys sort my mot stuff out etc then head to Just smiffy in Cornwall and sort the floor and bathroom out there . Then when it's sorted I'll advertise it for sale.

Jackie has said I could leave this one on her drive till I sell it . And that could work perfect as I'd drive back up to hers from Gary's park this one at hers . Collect new one and live in it around there till moby sells. ..Jackie is about an hour away from the big van .

But as I said I can't make concrete plans till I view the big van.

But I am very very grateful that I have friends who are helping to make a difficult situation far far easier .

It's an amazing help

Last edited:

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Another hour another piss artist. Although he's been there a good five minutes it might be more than a pee he's having View attachment 928066

I'm curious why they all choose to get there wanger oot in front of my van ... its uncanny
Perhaps they have heard its going to be for sale and may be trying to use undue influence on a big hairy Scot! :LOL: There's nay thing worn under the kilt its all in workin order!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
As you already know Tam through our chats your welcome hare as long as needed, but for selling the van it leaves you at a disadvantage here in Cornwall, I find it difficult to sell here as the audience is less and their skint… plus people don’t want to come all the way down here…
As said your welcome too but you’ll get a better response further up country…

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
As you already know Tam through our chats your welcome hare as long as needed, but for selling the van it leaves you at a disadvantage here in Cornwall, I find it difficult to sell here as the audience is less and their skint… plus people don’t want to come all the way down here…
As said your welcome too but you’ll get a better response further up country…
Yes I thought that Gary....that's why I thought Jackie's idea of taking moby up there after I've sorted it and selling it at her place might be a plan . It also sorts me out for getting me and 4 dogs from Cornwall to Wales to.collect new one. I can drive moby up, park it at Jackie's then collect the new one and hopefully moby will sell in a couple of weeks. Then if you're no sick of me by then I'll come back down to Cornwall and research some work for next spring, campsites, farms and the like.

It's a rough plan of action for now and will see how it pans out .

But once again I am super grateful to you and uncle lenny for the help and support . Its very much appreciated.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Another hour another piss artist. Although he's been there a good five minutes it might be more than a pee he's having View attachment 928066

I'm curious why they all choose to get there wanger oot in front of my van ... its uncanny
Can't you think of any appropriate loud music to blast out?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
As hannibal used to say ( while puffing on a Cuban)
I love it when a plan comes together.

Seems I'm to have a fun member view the big van with me on Monday in hengoed , he was going to surprise me lol and just turn up but it'll be good to have a second pair of eyes.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007

Thanks for the memory. As a teenager I moved in with a boyfriend many many years ago and his neighbour used to play that song really loud as we lived in a terraced house and I used to laugh but my boyfriend told me the woman next door hated him and that's why she played it really loud. I soon found out why as he was a complete controlling w"""er and I went back home. I have never heard it since then until today(y)

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019
Shropshire, Market Drayton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
since 2017
Another hesitation I have with buying the other van is I same to have an occasional problem with blu chewing

When I first got her she did this to the table View attachment 927786

For which she got a smack on the nose and told off.

A few weeks later she did this ....to the arm of the sofa View attachment 927788

And then nothing.. I put it down to her teething and she's had chew toys the whole time .

And then last week she chewed a bit on the other corner of the table ... which she chewed more of today . View attachment 927790

And she's had a go at the arm on the passenger seat recently too View attachment 927791

Each time has been when we are driving and obviously because she's In the back I've not seen her when she's actually done it. Each time she's been shown the damage given a smack on the nose and told no.

None of the other 3 have ever destroyed anything ☹️ and I'm not sure how to get it through to her that it's not on .

The front seat arm isn't too bad, it's not that noticeable. The sofa arm is the worst because I'm not sure how I can sort that . The table top isn't a big hassle as it was temporary, just the top of an old nest of tables in mums loft . I planned to put a slightly bigger one on and I'll just buy a cheap wood table top off gumtree .

My concern is if I dont stop her from doing it and I buy the new van she could feckin ruin it.

She's been told of she chews anything again she'll find herself on gumtree for a swap for a video camera lol.

Joking aside how do I stop her chewing.
Super hot chilli sauce on the area she fancies! One mouthful will be enough. Speaking from experience of the naughtiest dog ever. Also her age. 7 months is equivalent to a 14 yr old teenager.
That or a collapsible crate whilst travelling

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Yes I thought that Gary....that's why I thought Jackie's idea of taking moby up there after I've sorted it and selling it at her place might be a plan . It also sorts me out for getting me and 4 dogs from Cornwall to Wales to.collect new one. I can drive moby up, park it at Jackie's then collect the new one and hopefully moby will sell in a couple of weeks. Then if you're no sick of me by then I'll come back down to Cornwall and research some work for next spring, campsites, farms and the like.

It's a rough plan of action for now and will see how it pans out .

But once again I am super grateful to you and uncle lenny for the help and support . Its very much appreciated.

Sure no problem, you’ll always have your little spot at the back of my drive, even when I’m not there…👍🏼

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My boy used to do what Blu did and rest his head on the arm of the chair and think to himself "ooooh while I am here I might as well have a good chew!!" but once I put a cover on it he stopped.
Spot on, it's temptation and boredom that's all, fed up of travelling and looking for something to do so the first thing she sees is fair game.

Tam, cover the arms, an old sock or two will suffice, that way it's not so nice to chew, the table could be left as a sacrificial chew toy seeing as you're going to change it anyway so hopefully if she feels like having a chomp she'll just pick on that.

We've had it with ours over the years, I used to have to repair jackets, dressing gowns etc due to one of our dogs having an addiction to paper tissues, if I left even the smallest piece in a pocket she just had to have it and would pull the items off the hooks tearing them in the process.

Our Bella and Minky have a liking for tissues too, as well as pulling the stuffing out of their toys, they don't tear clothes to get at them though but they make a hell of a mess when they chew them to pieces, looks like we've had a snowstorm inside! 😄

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Spot on, it's temptation and boredom that's all, fed up of travelling and looking for something to do so the first thing she sees is fair game.

Tam, cover the arms, an old sock or two will suffice, that way it's not so nice to chew, the table could be left as a sacrificial chew toy seeing as you're going to change it anyway so hopefully if she feels like having a chomp she'll just pick on that.

We've had it with ours over the years, I used to have to repair jackets, dressing gowns etc due to one of our dogs having an addiction to paper tissues, if I left even the smallest piece in a pocket she just had to have it and would pull the items off the hooks tearing them in the process.

Our Bella and Minky have a liking for tissues too, as well as pulling the stuffing out of their toys, they don't tear clothes to get at them though but they make a hell of a mess when they chew them to pieces, looks like we've had a snowstorm inside! 😄
Yeah all of mine will shred a tissue or napkin etc if they get hold of one. They'll often rip paper etc they find outside to shreds too. That I don't mind so much its just mess but no harm done. Furniture and clothes etc is a no go though .

Drove a good 5 hours today though and she's not chewed anything so hopefully her stern talking to the other day got through lol.

Jun 25, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Yeah all of mine will shred a tissue or napkin etc if they get hold of one. They'll often rip paper etc they find outside to shreds too. That I don't mind so much its just mess but no harm done. Furniture and clothes etc is a no go though .

Drove a good 5 hours today though and she's not chewed anything so hopefully her stern talking to the other day got through lol.
The stern talking too only works,if your wagging your finger at her at the same time 👍👌

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back