MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (31 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Decided just to stay in dinklesbuhl today and have a chilled non driving day . Hopefully the festival is only today and we can have a walk around the old town tomorrow. I'd have quite liked to see all the traditional costumes etc of the festival but a walk isn't the Same without the dogs and I'm too tight to pay €18 just to.enter the town 😀

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Me sister and bil are taking their first adventure to France with their motorhome in September. Doing Newhaven to dieppe crossing on my recommendation but they want a campsite in UK near Newhaven for their night before the ferry. Anyone got any recommendations?

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Gotta love the Dutch & their pancakes! And what a place to have an overnight aire, at least that's my dinner tonight and tomorrow's breakfast sorted! 🤣
20240714_164057.jpg
20240714_164019.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
I have to ask where that is , it looks like UK number plates despite the blank outs. I thought Dutch at first but both their plates are yellow. Also is it the same van from the first photo? There's one of those models for sale In the UK on ebay at the minute , has the fixed bed in the middle of the van and bathroom across the rear. That paint job is terrible though. It looks like a 5 year old painted it.
Uk, look at the motorhome madness site

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ya cannae take it wi ye big man! Lol
Well I haven't got it to take with me anyway lol. So I've not got that worry 🤣🤣🤣

Unless of course I find a rich benefactor like whitsisface from dickens great expectations.....but unless that happens while I'm young enough to spend it I'll just end up with your problem and have to buy 20 quid pancakes to use it up

What a dilemma thon would be 🤣🤣🤣

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
🤣🤣
Im going for 382 salmon, brie & spinach & Rosies going for 379 Carpaccio stuff, she had it in Harry's Bar in Venice last time & wants to compare lol
My desert is 147 ginger & ice cream etc & Rosies desert one is 172 cherry stuff and if we're not dead in the morning we'll have another go at something for breakfast

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
🤣🤣
Im going for 382 salmon, brie & spinach & Rosies going for 379 Carpaccio stuff, she had it in Harry's Bar in Venice last time & wants to compare lol
My desert is 147 ginger & ice cream etc & Rosies desert one is 172 cherry stuff and if we're not dead in the morning we'll have another go at something for breakfast
I'm such a pauper I don't even know what carpacio is 🤣🤣

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Me sister and bil are taking their first adventure to France with their motorhome in September. Doing Newhaven to dieppe crossing on my recommendation but they want a campsite in UK near Newhaven for their night before the ferry. Anyone got any recommendations?
Uncle Lenny's place? :LOL:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Uncle Lenny's place? :LOL:
That's where I normally stay hence having no idea on campsites round there. Her ferry is at 9.30am so she has to be at port for 8am ...so needs a campsite fairly close. I suggested just staying in a carpark but I could feel the frustration through the phone lol.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
I initially thought he'd said caprio as in Leonardo.. and wondered what that was . 🤣
Originally it was only thinly cut beef flattened so much it could be eaten raw & served with truffle oil but nowadays it can be thinly cut anything really, fish, veal, pork just whatever really lol

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Originally it was only thinly cut beef flattened so much it could be eaten raw & served with truffle oil but nowadays it can be thinly cut anything really, fish, veal, pork just whatever really lol
And even beetroot.

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
There is a campsite in Alfriston, quite close to where you have wild camped in the past (Bo Peep car park, think you got stuck in the mud! There has now been a bloke up there for well over a year), big open fields, no regimented parking, showers, toilets etc, a little rough and ready but only costs me £12 a night, but I think it's per person, so not such a bargain if there are 2+

Alfrison is a lovely village if they have time to visit, only a 10 minute walk.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
There is a campsite in Alfriston, quite close to where you have wild camped in the past (Bo Peep car park, think you got stuck in the mud! There has now been a bloke up there for well over a year), big open fields, no regimented parking, showers, toilets etc, a little rough and ready but only costs me £12 a night, but I think it's per person, so not such a bargain if there are 2+

Alfrison is a lovely village if they have time to visit, only a 10 minute walk.
Could you send me a link or something I can send to her .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Northernraider what date we go early September at 9.30, we stay at the port overnight.
I think it's the 9th but they want a campsite . They're the complete opposite of my style of travelling. They are however going to explore the aires in France etc but they want a campsite for the night before and the night they return

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
I think it's the 9th but they want a campsite . They're the complete opposite of my style of travelling. They are however going to explore the aires in France etc but they want a campsite for the night before and the night they return
9th is a Monday, if they are staying over on Sunday 8th it will be quiet, it's after the school holidays and the place empties out on a Sunday by midday.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
9th is a Monday, if they are staying over on Sunday 8th it will be quiet, it's after the school holidays and the place empties out on a Sunday by midday.
It's apparently a Sunday morning they're on the ferry . I've suggested again about just parking at the port so will.leave it with them. I've sent her a link for that campsite anyway

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back