MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Are you sure it was the dogs that scared her 🤔 😂😂
Well you never know , as a fat shaved headed tattooed 6ft 3 bloke I do get some funny looks at times ....and I got my bag looked in at lidl this morning , first time that's ever happened . So you never know , maybe it was me lol.

I often catch some very strange looks and glances though.. bugs me sometimes. And If I had a pound for everytime I hear folk commenting on how many dogs etc as I walk past I'd be a millionaire.

Today I heard eins, zwei, drie. Vier ... vier hund meine gott. On more than one occasion lol.

But also encountered more dog friendly folk in Germany the last week or so than I was getting in Greece etc.

Been blessed a few times too 🤣🤣🤣

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
They are just showing off they can count to 4!
My last 3 dogs have been Ridgebacks and as you walk past people you hear one tell the other "that's a Ridgeback" wish I'd got the the one ridgeless one in the litter this one came from, that would confuse them!
In France you get the typical French grunt followed by "le ridgeback" occasionally "le rhodisian"

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Does anyone else get these news stories daily.? Honestly the Scottish sun really has it in for motorhomes in the Highlands.

Here's another one

I don't know if it's just me but I read that and it sounds like it was written by a 12 year old and that the "local" had mental issues.

The speculation is astounding lol.

Every day they have an nc500 story. And most are from that Facebook page.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well you never know , as a fat shaved headed tattooed 6ft 3 bloke I do get some funny looks at times ....and I got my bag looked in at lidl this morning , first time that's ever happened . So you never know , maybe it was me lol.

I often catch some very strange looks and glances though.. bugs me sometimes. And If I had a pound for everytime I hear folk commenting on how many dogs etc as I walk past I'd be a millionaire.

Today I heard eins, zwei, drie. Vier ... vier hund meine gott. On more than one occasion lol.

But also encountered more dog friendly folk in Germany the last week or so than I was getting in Greece etc.

Been blessed a few times too 🤣🤣🤣
Tam please don't take this the wrong way, but in all your photos there, there is only one dog, don't you ever think it's you that is different with four trailing along, it's bound to be a shock to people.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam please don't take this the wrong way, but in all your photos there, there is only one dog, don't you ever think it's you that is different with four trailing along, it's bound to be a shock to people.
I've always been different Charlie. And very very proud to be.

Normal is for sheep lol

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I wouldn't give the sun my cookies or a viewing figure.
I know..I just find it frustrating, we all know these stories are 90% bullshit but it will have the desired effect and lead to further restrictions on campers .. it also just fuels bad feeling towards both campers and tourists in general.

Here's a convenient example ... I'm parked up in a carpark by a sports centre tonight. So a load of guys have turned up to play football or something . There's been 4 guys so far went to the front of my camper to do a piss
20240716_183939.jpg

Now personally I don't care a jot about someone peeing outside BUT if I did that I guarantee someone would complain about the dirty camper tourist doing a pee outside.

If I was in the Highlands I'd be in the papers , yet I'm willing to bet every cent I have in the bank that the exact same thing happens there.

I've lost count of the times I've seen people go in to bushes or behind sand dunes etc and do a shit leaving paper and wipes behind them . And in the places where campers go they get the blame.

It just really feckin annoys me

You're like me , you're a fulltimer so this ISN'T just a holiday for you either it's a lifestyle and it's under threat constantly. And the older i get the more it bothers me.

Like I said I hate people the world is full of scumbags these days.

I'm regularly tempted to join Facebook again to leave my two pence worth on that nc500 page but I guarantee I'd get kicked off within an hour . 😅

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018
Humberside
Funster No
MH
Geist Phantom
Exp
MoHo since March 2018.
I know..I just find it frustrating, we all know these stories are 90% bullshit but it will have the desired effect and lead to further restrictions on campers .. it also just fuels bad feeling towards both campers and tourists in general.

Here's a convenient example ... I'm parked up in a carpark by a sports centre tonight. So a load of guys have turned up to play football or something . There's been 4 guys so far went to the front of my camper to do a piss View attachment 923945

Now personally I don't care a jot about someone peeing outside BUT if I did that I guarantee someone would complain about the dirty camper tourist doing a pee outside.

If I was in the Highlands I'd be in the papers , yet I'm willing to bet every cent I have in the bank that the exact same thing happens there.

I've lost count of the times I've seen people go in to bushes or behind sand dunes etc and do a shit leaving paper and wipes behind them . And in the places where campers go they get the blame.

It just really feckin annoys me

You're like me , you're a fulltimer so this ISN'T just a holiday for you either it's a lifestyle and it's under threat constantly. And the older i get the more it bothers me.

Like I said I hate people the world is full of scumbags these days.

I'm regularly tempted to join Facebook again to leave my two pence worth on that nc500 page but I guarantee I'd get kicked off within an hour . 😅
I see that a lot in Scotland with the tour busses Tam. Even had some knock on the door and ask if they can use the toilet lol

Tour busses all over with no toilets in them, never anything said about that as far as I have seen. You cant blame the passengers either cos if they have to go...

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Just have a walk along the road with me tam… you won’t get many looks then….😆😎
I accept that challenge . We will do it and see who gets the most stares

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I see that a lot in Scotland with the tour busses Tam. Even had some knock on the door and ask if they can use the toilet lol

Tour busses all over with no toilets in them, never anything said about that as far as I have seen. You cant blame the passengers either cos if they have to go...
Yes it happens all over . I've also had someone ask to use my toilet lol.

These days I'd hand them a poo bag and milk bottle 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam

Excellent collection of photos of Rothenburg, they give a good flavour of the whole place.

Will you have time before leaving to get the drone up for some aerial shots showing how the town sits above the river. That would be good.

Geoff
I'm not sure if it's possible to put it up here but I will see how quiet it is in the morning.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
When you are leaving you could stop and fly it in from outside rather than launching in the town - less obvious.
I'm parked outside of the town . I wouldn't attempt to put it up inside the town but I still have to make sure no one is around as technically I'm not licensed to fly it here 🤫

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You cant blame the passengers either cos if they have to go..
But they don't have to leave their tissues and crap behind, that's what really bugs me.

I once got caught short on a mountain walk, used my boot and walking stick to dig a hole & bury it & took the tissues with me. It's not hard.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
But they don't have to leave their tissues and crap behind, that's what really bugs me.

I once got caught short on a mountain walk, used my boot and walking stick to dig a hole & bury it & took the tissues with me. It's not hard.
If you were out walking with me Lenny, you could have put it in my dicky bag:giggle:(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back