MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (61 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
You need to get some bagpipes Tam, and preferably not skilled in playing them, that should clear your ground for a 2 miles radius…😎

smiffy Stop!

Or he will playing them everywhere he parks where there are people -"He hates people"

Strange really as he has interacted with people over 243 pages on this thread alone.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
We're not people, just posters on an internet forum - besides, we're well away from him

Stay Back Go Away GIF by CBS

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Right well its been a shitty day today , mostly from lack of sleep and then just idiot after idiot ....yeah I'm grumpy.

Its still just too hot I'm afraid and I am suffering 80% humidity and its no fun , constantly soaked with sweat and my skin is just a mess , I've not had so many spots since I was a teenager I'm just literally covered in them .
So my plan was just to drive as far north today as we could . Our ferry was meant to dock at 9am but there was some delay so that ended up 9.45 ,then despite me not being first on I was second last off ...totally ridiculous way of unloading the feckin boat.. they did all the trucks first causing carnage...so by the time I left the port it was after 11.. We'd had no breakfast and the dogs hadn't peed since around 10.30 last night.

Forgot about the crazy drivers especially the truckers who are a danger on the roads here ...nearly got run off the road a couple of times.

Anyway I eventually had to stop around 4pm , first 2 places I looked at were terrible.. the place we've ended up not as terrible but still not great. But by a beach so we managed to get a bit of a dip .. then I fell asleep which helped but will likely mean I have trouble sleeping tonight. There's meant to be storms overnight tonight but I think it might just miss me worse luck but will see. Will get an hour or so on beach with dogs in the morning hopefully then I'm going to continue pushing north I'd like to get to padua by Wednesday at latest .

No photos today I'm afraid and apologies for it just sounding grumpy but I can't wait to get somewhere a bit cooler so I can walk the dogs etc without sweating like a transit on an mot ramp..

Looking north though the temps still look quite high.

I can't actually remember the last time I saw rain but its been at least 2 months

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Right well its been a shitty day today , mostly from lack of sleep and then just idiot after idiot ....yeah I'm grumpy.

Its still just too hot I'm afraid and I am suffering 80% humidity and its no fun , constantly soaked with sweat and my skin is just a mess , I've not had so many spots since I was a teenager I'm just literally covered in them .
So my plan was just to drive as far north today as we could . Our ferry was meant to dock at 9am but there was some delay so that ended up 9.45 ,then despite me not being first on I was second last off ...totally ridiculous way of unloading the feckin boat.. they did all the trucks first causing carnage...so by the time I left the port it was after 11.. We'd had no breakfast and the dogs hadn't peed since around 10.30 last night.

Forgot about the crazy drivers especially the truckers who are a danger on the roads here ...nearly got run off the road a couple of times.

Anyway I eventually had to stop around 4pm , first 2 places I looked at were terrible.. the place we've ended up not as terrible but still not great. But by a beach so we managed to get a bit of a dip .. then I fell asleep which helped but will likely mean I have trouble sleeping tonight. There's meant to be storms overnight tonight but I think it might just miss me worse luck but will see. Will get an hour or so on beach with dogs in the morning hopefully then I'm going to continue pushing north I'd like to get to padua by Wednesday at latest .

No photos today I'm afraid and apologies for it just sounding grumpy but I can't wait to get somewhere a bit cooler so I can walk the dogs etc without sweating like a transit on an mot ramp..

Looking north though the temps still look quite high.

I can't actually remember the last time I saw rain but its been at least 2 months
Where are you now ?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It's amazing what you can think you'd love but discover you don't... I used to think I'd love endless summer , sunshine everyday , happy to never see rain again etc etc

But can't say i feel that way now.... I can't handle it but I think the problem is too that if I didn't have the dogs I could do other things to keep cool etc but you can't with them ..and I spend a lot of time worrying that they are too hot etc .. watching and listening to them panting constantly isn't nice . Blu is nearly always panting ,day and night.. ela has spells and when she does she has eyes popping lol .. they're most likely fine but it's stressful to listen to .. my weight probably doesn't help me either but it's no pleasant when you could wring the sweat out your clothes .. and everything is sticking to you. .. definitely not travelling in summer time again . I'm actually bored looking at beaches but it's the only place there's any chance of being cool. I really hope the north of Italy and Austria is a bit cooler .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
I hated travelling in Spain in summer with my big dog. He was panting so much, took him to the beach one day and it took 5 hours for him to stop panting and calm down. I had five battery powered fans over him I was shivering they were so good but he had me scared he was so stressed so I get your worry Tam.

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
A few years
It's amazing what you can think you'd love but discover you don't... I used to think I'd love endless summer , sunshine everyday , happy to never see rain again etc etc

But can't say i feel that way now.... I can't handle it but I think the problem is too that if I didn't have the dogs I could do other things to keep cool etc but you can't with them ..and I spend a lot of time worrying that they are too hot etc .. watching and listening to them panting constantly isn't nice . Blu is nearly always panting ,day and night.. ela has spells and when she does she has eyes popping lol .. they're most likely fine but it's stressful to listen to .. my weight probably doesn't help me either but it's no pleasant when you could wring the sweat out your clothes .. and everything is sticking to you. .. definitely not travelling in summer time again . I'm actually bored looking at beaches but it's the only place there's any chance of being cool. I really hope the north of Italy and Austria is a bit cooler .
Yeah, that’s definitely been the problem for us recently. Too hot to walk the dog, can’t ever leave him in the van. Luckily cooler weather is coming… Should get better as you get north.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
I have clip on rechargeable battery fans in our van. I left the dogs in the van on a very hot day for 4 hours as I was confident they would be cool in there. When we got back it was so cool I was chuffed. I gave one of the fans to my niece for her rabbit as she was scared to leave a fan plugged in and she is really chuffed too and so is Teddy the bunny(y)(just a thought for you Tam)

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
My wee elderly Jack Russell Hog (Hog the dog) was definitely an old dog you couldn't teach new tricks! 🤣 doggy cool suit on & standing in front of the fan running 😉View attachment 917849
I had to fork out for a blade free Dyson fan for my Labradoodle as he had really long ear hair. I always think of him when I use it now:h:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back