MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (22 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
These wee dog suits are fantastic I've used them with all my dogs over the last 10+ years and they are brilliant, so good in fact when it gets really warm my dogs practically jump into them to cool of, first things I pack in the van before every trip

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
These wee dog suits are fantastic I've used them with all my dogs over the last 10+ years and they are brilliant, so good in fact when it gets really warm my dogs practically jump into them to cool of, first things I pack in the van before every trip

Thanks for that info Paul, I will look into getting these for my two for when we go to Spain next summer(y) That's if I'm still alive if you have read my thread!!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Thunderbolts n lighting very very frightening.....galileo galileo......
Screenshot_20240701_213848_Video Editor.jpg
Screenshot_20240701_213927_Video Editor.jpg
Screenshot_20240701_233255_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240701_233330_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240701_233348_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240701_233538_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240701_233557_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240701_233910_Gallery.jpg

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
How do the dogs react to thunder ? mine barks like crazy and continental storms can last for hours :mad:
We have a field opposite us that used to do clay pigeon shooting every Sunday so when our first puppy came to us he soon got used to it and he was never frightened of fireworks after that.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Some of the worst storms I've ever seen have been on the Italian lakes in summer, seen houses set fire by lightening.

You’ve been to Croatia Lenny, nearly every building there has massive lightning strips running down them… I was fascinated by how many there were and thought they must get a lot of lightning..⚡⚡⚡

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Saw the most wonderful storm while at lake Garda about 20 years ago, we were there with friends and sitting outside under the canopy to watch. We were ushered inside while canopy was taken in much to our disappointment.
Saw the devastation on the other side of the lake next day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Been a very very long day driving today ...we headed off at 11am and that's me only just parked up on the outskirts of rimini, shite spot ...I'm under a bridge, but options were limited . Off to feed the mutts and watch a bit telly before bed. Heading to padua tomorrow to speak to the vet.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I see things have got even worse in Rimini, 20/30 years ago it was a holiday place mentioned where you were allocated a beach seat & parasol in a back row, than as the days progressed you worked you way toward the front row!
Had a look on Google Earth at Rimini, and the satellite view of the beach, shows endless rows of parasols as far as you can see north to south!...what a nightmare of a holiday, I am surprised anyone is happy these days to be in such a packed place for their annual leave...at any price!
I think rain is forecast further up north at Padua, should be welcomed by you, but that being close to Venice it will be packed out this time of year I bet, harder to find any quiet spots especially on a beach.
Good luck, I hope its not too hard for you to find a decent overnight spot.
LES

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I see things have got even worse in Rimini, 20/30 years ago it was a holiday place mentioned where you were allocated a beach seat & parasol in a back row, than as the days progressed you worked you way toward the front row!
Had a look on Google Earth at Rimini, and the satellite view of the beach, shows endless rows of parasols as far as you can see north to south!...what a nightmare of a holiday, I am surprised anyone is happy these days to be in such a packed place for their annual leave...at any price!
I think rain is forecast further up north at Padua, should be welcomed by you, but that being close to Venice it will be packed out this time of year I bet, harder to find any quiet spots especially on a beach.
Good luck, I hope its not too hard for you to find a decent overnight spot.
LES
The entire coast of Italy seems to be like that. I've never seen so many parasols.. not my idea of a holiday. I have to say its very boring too . It seems nice architecture died with the Romans.... its now just bland, dirty and a shit hole. And one big traffic jam. Can't believe I drove nearly 9 hours today to do 200 miles. The roads are terrible...far worse than UK main roads and the drivers are ridiculous. 50kmh limit most of it with the odd bit at 70, 90kmh . Toll roads possibly better but expensive, diesel dearer than Greece...varies between €1.65 and €1.80 ...I managed to get it at €1.64.9 by fluke as I missed a junction with satnav. Lpg cheaper at 0.69L

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
The entire coast of Italy seems to be like that. I've never seen so many parasols.. not my idea of a holiday. I have to say its very boring too . It seems nice architecture died with the Romans.... its now just bland, dirty and a shit hole. And one big traffic jam. Can't believe I drove nearly 9 hours today to do 200 miles. The roads are terrible...far worse than UK main roads and the drivers are ridiculous. 50kmh limit most of it with the odd bit at 70, 90kmh . Toll roads possibly better but expensive, diesel dearer than Greece...varies between €1.65 and €1.80 ...I managed to get it at €1.64.9 by fluke as I missed a junction with satnav. Lpg cheaper at 0.69L
And I thought it was just me that thought that some of Italy was like that! There are some better spots towards the Alps

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
And I thought it was just me that thought that some of Italy was like that! There are some better spots towards the Alps
I did the east coast back in 2020 or 21 i can't remember which and I thought it was crap then lol. San Marino was nice from memory but didn't like the rest. The west coast was a bit nicer and I think the south and sicily is meant to be nice. But overall Its a bit meh lol

Up around the dolomites was nice though and that's where I'm heading after I'm tried my luck with this vet to get blu's titre done.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I went some years ago never felt the need to go back
I think the best bits looking at Google are places you wouldn't take a motorhome . Some of the picturesque wee villages clinging to the cliffs etc. You can't get near or it costs an arm and a leg. The campsites I passed on the coastroad yesterday were awful ... the awnings were all touching the next van .. there was definitely not space to sit outside except under the awning . Not my idea of a holiday.

But that said my parking spot last night was far from idyllic lol

20240702_204538.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back