MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (56 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Aussies have left , the sheila was alright she at least acknowledged me ...the bloke was an ignorant git ... got up and walked in to the van when I said hello .

Seems an odd way to visit Greece from oz though going to UK and hiring a van . Think oz is closer to Greece than UK is

20240630_121652.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It might never happen, Tam might see a Frankia for a super bargain price before then …….., 😇😎
Or an rmb or a clou liner. Tbh those are more likely . Most of the frankia tend to be fiat based and I'd only change for a merc or other iveco.

But that said I've decided I'm not changing till this van has been sorted out inside and out. I'd need to tidy it up before I sold it anyway to get back anywhere near what I've spent on it.
And I'm not selling it at a loss .

Besides if I fix the things I need to fix there's no reason to change it.

Still no idea what I'm doing in the future so no point buying a more expensive van really

Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
Seems an odd way to visit Greece from oz though going to UK and hiring a van . Think oz is closer to Greece than UK is
Had they hired it or bought it. A few years we were having a drink with a NZ couple in Italy. They had bought an Autotrail in the UK for importing into NZ. Apparently once it’s been used for a certain period there is no import tax or something to pay, which makes it cheaper to buy in the UK, have a few weeks holiday in it in Europe, then ship the van to NZ. They said it was the same for Australia.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Tam, I was thinking about your history of being heavily into The V Dub & Classic scene, and I remember the most popular colours for Hot Rods was Red Metal Flake with some terrific air spraying graphics techniques like Flames Skulls etc, but de-seemed V Dubs were quite often sprayed that Turquoise Blue colour, I guess you may have had one yourself or a mate had one, they were at every V Dub & Classic Event, remember?
Thinking about a new colour for Moby, that would sit well anywhere, and look cool, but not too OTT hopefully, I thought of The Daktari Look as shown below. Just replace the lions & cheetah for dogs and thats it QED!
What ya think?
LES
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/38693955...pid=5339023013&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Had they hired it or bought it. A few years we were having a drink with a NZ couple in Italy. They had bought an Autotrail in the UK for importing into NZ. Apparently once it’s been used for a certain period there is no import tax or something to pay, which makes it cheaper to buy in the UK, have a few weeks holiday in it in Europe, then ship the van to NZ. They said it was the same for Australia.
I'm not sure to be honest ...maybe they've bought it. She did say they're on ferry to Italy on Tuesday

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Just had a pick up truck come past and a guy trying to sell honey.

It started off all smiles and hello hello welcome to Greece ( must assume I've just got off ferry ) how are you. Where are you from blah blah blah...then comes over with 3 different jars of honey .. I said I didn't want any and he goes in to the hard sell of ...all handmade very nice would you like to try etc.

I said sorry but I don't actually like honey... I just don't like the taste

Well it was like he suddenly smelled a fart.... face like thunder... slammed the jars back in the truck bed , muttering all the time incoherently, slammed the truck door and off he went to.the next van ... same again hello hello welcome to.greece blah blah blah lol.

And he's not the first I've encountered like that.. unbelievable lol.

Honey nut loops and crunchy nut cornflakes is about as far as my tolerance of honey goes.

Jackie loved the stuff and always bought it from these folk selling it out of wagons .. at about €10-15 a jar ....

It's no for me like

Jul 25, 2017
scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Since 2017
Just had a pick up truck come past and a guy trying to sell honey.

It started off all smiles and hello hello welcome to Greece ( must assume I've just got off ferry ) how are you. Where are you from blah blah blah...then comes over with 3 different jars of honey .. I said I didn't want any and he goes in to the hard sell of ...all handmade very nice would you like to try etc.

I said sorry but I don't actually like honey... I just don't like the taste

Well it was like he suddenly smelled a fart.... face like thunder... slammed the jars back in the truck bed , muttering all the time incoherently, slammed the truck door and off he went to.the next van ... same again hello hello welcome to.greece blah blah blah lol.

And he's not the first I've encountered like that.. unbelievable lol.

Honey nut loops and crunchy nut cornflakes is about as far as my tolerance of honey goes.

Jackie loved the stuff and always bought it from these folk selling it out of wagons .. at about €10-15 a jar ....

It's no for me like
you should have said to him .dont call me honey i dont even know you :LOL:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Greek yoghurt and honey, delish but walnuts are the Devil's testes :sick: (ps. so are pecans !)
Love walnuts ..I bought about 8kg in Turkey lol I'm still eating them .. I've loads of almonds too despite giving loads of them away. Its a never ending bag it seems

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Trouble with honey and jam , even pickles , anything in jars actually just at the side of the road,, there's no guarantee what's in them or who he is.
Could be anything.
This is also true

It's more the hygiene that would concern me lol .. I'm bad enough in the bakers when they pick up me cake with no tongs

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Maybe gassing is so last year and now it's honey laden with sleeping tablets! :p
It's just as likely, he knows you are going to try it for tea and come back later.
Nuts and fruit ok but stuff that's been made , you havnt got a clue what's in it and it's nearly always dearer than you can get from a proper shop.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Seems there's a problem with migrants trying to sneak over to.italy from Greece to. . There's a car parked next to me with a yacht on a trailer .. the guy has just caught 2 guys trying to climb inside it. There's about 4 or 5 guys mooching about here round all the campers and vans acting very suspect. Sat at the port , got all my tickets etc ... boarding meant to start at 10pm ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
You have to wonder at these salesmen..

20 feckin photos.....