MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (68 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
we use the pouches when travelling they are ambient storage and single use. yes they are slightly more expensive but much easier to store and use.

A second thought Tam, had the zip bag been previousley used for the same purpose and could that have had a fly attach its eggs to it?
No it was a fresh bag as I don't give them meat all the time just 3 nights a week usually.

I might just buy the small tins as I'd use one of them In one go .

I vowed I'd never give them tinned food lol as the kibble is easier .... but I broke my rule a few months back lol . In the UK I did it with tins of mackerel which was better but I ran out of those in Turkey

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
No fresh bag as I don't give them meat all the time just 3 nights a week usually.

I might just buy the small tins as I'd use one of them In one go .

I vowed I'd never give them tinned food lol as the kibble is easier .... but I broke my rule a few months back lol . In the UK I did it with tins of mackerel which was better
yep, we only use Wet dog food occasionally.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Regarding the respray Tam, you got to live in it while there doing that…🤔

Roughly how much for a 6m pvc I might consider it too…🤔😆

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
I prefer this. Shame its fiat . Would be lovely on a merc . Same layout as my last one but shorter and not a tag.

Same weight as my current van though which is hard to believe
Has that one no got the semi automatic gearbox Tam?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
This fella Doesn't know his hymers from his burstners.

Don't care what the sticker says thons no a hymer

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Tam seeing those respray photos got me thinking that that they might be using normal cellulose paints, and not the modern 2 part types, as they would need to be put in an oven room to cure over night.:unsure:
Others will now better than me as I have only used Cellulose paints back in the 80's, are the 2 part paints better, harder finish?, as I think they also apply a couple coats of clear coat to give an even better harder finish?
I would not even consider staying in the van overnight whilst they are spraying paint, the fumes would make me ill, and I couldn't sleep with a full face mask on, neither would the dogs!:giggle:
I would try and find a local place, like a campsite with cabins or rooms to stay in, well away from the van for a couple of weeks at the most.
As well as that, think of all the dogs hairs sticking to the wet paint.:oops:
Choosing a colour that works, will be a tough one also, its gotta fit in everywhere you take it, plus you got to live with it for a few years at least. I like the idea of having a darker colour skirt, maybe roof sides also.
LES

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam seeing those respray photos got me thinking that that they might be using normal cellulose paints, and not the modern 2 part types, as they would need to be put in an oven room to cure over night.:unsure:
Others will now better than me as I have only used Cellulose paints back in the 80's, are the 2 part paints better, harder finish?, as I think they also apply a couple coats of clear coat to give an even better harder finish?
I would not even consider staying in the van overnight whilst they are spraying paint, the fumes would make me ill, and I couldn't sleep with a full face mask on, neither would the dogs!:giggle:
I would try and find a local place, like a campsite with cabins or rooms to stay in, well away from the van for a couple of weeks at the most.
As well as that, think of all the dogs hairs sticking to the wet paint.:oops:
Choosing a colour that works, will be a tough one also, its gotta fit in everywhere you take it, plus you got to live with it for a few years at least. I like the idea of having a darker colour skirt, maybe roof sides also.
LES
They use modern 2 pack paint but not all paint is base coat and laquer, the colour I've chosen is a solid colour non metallic and has no laquer , they paint it in a big metal shed in a hot desert so that works as an oven. You don't stay inside while they're actually spray painting it obviously and the paint is dry within a few hours or so.. my Colour scheme is already picked and decided . I'm just not telling you lot yet as its a surprise 😁 I've sprayed a few vws myself outside and got half decent results.

If you have Instagram follow their page it's quite interesting. When I was there last year they were working out a smaller place but have now built a purpose built shed , he has about 20 lads working for him and his own dedicated yard you stay at while they do the work. These guys do all the prep work by hand aswell

Here's another big un
Screenshot_20240629_081438_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240629_081446_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240629_081451_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240629_081453_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240629_081458_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240629_081501_Instagram.jpg

They may not achieve a 100% perfect result ....but a full respray on something this size in the UK would be about £5k

I'll be happy if it's 80% perfect lol

Last edited:

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
They use modern 2 pack paint but not all paint is base coat and laquer, the colour I've chosen is a solid colour non metallic and has no laquer , they paint it in a big metal shed in a hot desert so that works as an oven. You don't stay inside while they're actually spray painting it obviously and the paint is dry within a few hours or so.. my Colour scheme is already picked and decided . I'm just not telling you lot yet as its a surprise 😁 I've sprayed a few vws myself outside and got half decent results.

If you have Instagram follow their page it's quite interesting. When I was there last year they were working out a smaller place but have now built a purpose built shed , he has about 20 lads working for him and his own dedicated yard you stay at while they do the work. These guys do all the prep work by hand aswell
Tafroute is an oven! 😂😂
Screenshot_20240629-061108_Google.jpg

Last edited:

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s

Here's another big un View attachment 916572View attachment 916573View attachment 916574View attachment 916575View attachment 916576View attachment 916577

They may not achieve a 100% perfect result ....but a full respray on something this size in the UK would be about £5k

I'll be happy if it's 80% perfect lol
Jeezo
You'll not miss that boy coming up the road! 😂
Screenshot_20240629-062254_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Jeezo
You'll not miss that boy coming up the road! 😂View attachment 916584
Aye not my choice of colours but it looks good I thought. Certainly different from the boring white it was.

The moncayo they did from white n dark blue to 2 tone Sahara beige looks really good.

Like everything the key is in the preparation. A lot of these guys don't strip off the lights and catches etc they just paint round them but I'll be stripping off everything I can myself and I'll refitt it all once it's painted. I've ordered up new locker catches etc for this van so everything will be fresh.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Regarding the respray Tam, you got to live in it while there doing that…🤔

Roughly how much for a 6m pvc I might consider it too…🤔😆
I never noticed the "how much" part

It varies Gary...they like to haggle.

I'm hoping going by the guys I know who've had their vans done that having mine resprayed and underside done will be about €1200 . I don't really want to spend much more than that on this.

I thought your vans paint looked alright though. This van really does need painted , the pics I post on here don't really show all the blemishes etc .. you'll see it in the flesh .

But yeah get yours done too then you can keep me company in tafroute while they're being done lol.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Aye its probably a lot warmer on the ground there sitting among all them big boulders everywhere holding the heat in 🥵
I dunno it is unbearably hot here like . I was out for a wee walk around town last night after sunset ... there's a lot of burnt tourists here ha ha

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Good Morning
We've got drizzle
Everything is happening on the same day today. We decided a while ago to support all things village and so today we've ended up with three events on the same day.
St John's ambulance are doing a first aid course in the village hall this morning. At the same time help is required at The Knob and this evening we have tickets for a jazz and swing event in the church that we're trying to save.
In between we're going out for lunch so that we don't have to rush about feeding ourselves before tonights do.
I can't say jazz and swing are my favourite thing but.............
Hope you all have a good day.
Enjoy your day

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back