MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (112 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Feck sake ... if it wisnae fir bad luck I'd have nae luck. So I left syvota about 11.15 after a natter with CaptainPaul on the blower ... I did think the steering felt a bit heavy this morning . Stopped at the ferry terminal to go pick up my tickets ....didn't get them as I've to go back tomorrow anyway to check in .

Came out ferry place and noticed rhs front was very soft .. drove to nearest petrol station but by that time it was well flat .. blew it up to get me to tyre shop . Took tyre off but its full of rubber dust as its been run on the sidewall so it's knackered. They couldn't get a new tyre till Monday and I'm on ferry tomorrow night, so I've a shitty partworn tyre on there that's not even the right size at ā‚¬40 feckin euros.

This is when I'm glad I hadn't just fitted 6 new tyres . But it does mean I've now got 2 odd tyres on front axle .

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ā˜˜
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ā›±
Exp
Since 1980s
Feck sake ... if it wisnae fir bad luck I'd have nae luck. So I left syvota about 11.15 after a natter with CaptainPaul on the blower ... I did think the steering felt a bit heavy this morning . Stopped at the ferry terminal to go pick up my tickets ....didn't get them as I've to go back tomorrow anyway to check in .

Came out ferry place and noticed rhs front was very soft .. drove to nearest petrol station but by that time it was well flat .. blew it up to get me to tyre shop . Took tyre off but its full of rubber dust as its been run on the sidewall so it's knackered. They couldn't get a new tyre till Monday and I'm on ferry tomorrow night, so I've a shitty partworn tyre on there that's not even the right size at ā‚¬40 feckin euros.

This is when I'm glad I hadn't just fitted 6 new tyres . But it does mean I've now got 2 odd tyres on front axle .
Lol there's always something Tam.... šŸ˜‚
But look on the bright side your going to Italy tomorrow, the home of Pirelli tyres ...... lol

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Lol there's always something Tam.... šŸ˜‚
But look on the bright side your going to Italy tomorrow, the home of Pirelli tyres ...... lol
I plan to fit 6 winter tyres but I was going to wait till I returned from spain/Morocco next spring.

But I might have to get the 2 front ones done when I'm back in UK as it will now fail an mot for 2 odd tyres on the Same axle . Unless I stick the spare on the inside rear and put one of those upfront.

Will see lol.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I plan to fit 6 winter tyres but I was going to wait till I returned from spain/Morocco next spring.

But I might have to get the 2 front ones done when I'm back in UK as it will now fail an mot for 2 odd tyres on the Same axle . Unless I stick the spare on the inside rear and put one of those upfront.

Will see lol.
Are you sure that's an MOT fail?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Aye because he never had the right size Vic so much tyres are 185,75 16c ...he's fitted a part worn 195,75,16c.

Can't have 2 different sizes on a single axle.

But I didn't have much choice really as it's a Saturday and my ferry is tomorrow night.

If I could get the back wheels off I'd have swapped the wheel over for now.

My spare wheel tyre has excellent tread on it but I'd not be surprised if it was older than the tyres on the van.. I'll check it tomorrow see if I can find a date stamp on it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Does anyone else think the interior in this is boring and soul less and not any better quality than your average motorhome

Yes it's a bit spartan but it's devoid of any personal effects and soft furnishings, I will be more homely with a new owners and lived in, better than average yes of course but it's not always visible.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
Aye because he never had the right size Vic so much tyres are 185,75 16c ...he's fitted a part worn 195,75,16c.

Can't have 2 different sizes on a single axle.

But I didn't have much choice really as it's a Saturday and my ferry is tomorrow night.

If I could get the back wheels off I'd have swapped the wheel over for now.

My spare wheel tyre has excellent tread on it but I'd not be surprised if it was older than the tyres on the van.. I'll check it tomorrow see if I can find a date stamp on it.
My spare is brand new, never used since 2001:LOL:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
My spare is brand new, never used since 2001:LOL:
I've just been under to look . Mine is a michelin agilis never been fitted still has the knobbly bits on , tyre looks like new ,wheel looks like shit. But I can't find a 4 digit code. I think it might be prior 2000. I would not be in the least surprised if its the original spare tyre. That's why I didn't let them put that on the van. Would probably do in an emergency but that's it.

Taking the spare off and cleaning and painting both it and the rack is on my to do list.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
I've just been under to look . Mine is a michelin agilis never been fitted still has the knobbly bits on , tyre looks like new ,wheel looks like shit. But I can't find a 4 digit code. I think it might be prior 2000. I would not be in the least surprised if its the original spare tyre. That's why I didn't let them put that on the van. Would probably do in an emergency but that's it.

Taking the spare off and cleaning and painting both it and the rack is on my to do list.
Garage had to cut the rack off mine, said it would have been impossible at the roadside.
Spare (also with bobbles and still fully inflated) now in the 'garage'
Emergency use only

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Garage had to cut the rack off mine, said it would have been impossible at the roadside.
Spare (also with bobbles and still fully inflated) now in the 'garage'
Emergency use only
Yeah I don't think my rack is that bad but definitely needs removed cleaned painted and greased up . Wheel definitely needs painted.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.

Itā€™s only money and tyres tend to keep you alivešŸ˜ŽšŸ˜€

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Few pics from last night

org_91da5af76a4b85e9_1719682848000.jpg
org_7100462c5187d345_1719682882000.jpg
org_644999099de0b60b_1719683136000.jpg
org_b59ef9db960a9c5e_1719683160000.jpg
org_fbf01ba812464b04_1719683218000.jpg
org_476e009a4d32a3d2_1719683282000.jpg
20240629_205256.jpg

Parked next to riffraff in lidl

20240629_135602.jpg

And these 2 Italian couples who I can only assume have an Italian restaurant where they only use the finest handmade Italian ingredients.... bought every pack of 3 fish and about 20 packs of chicken not to mention a ridiculous amount of pasta in lidl ... so I couldn't get any of the fish I normally buy and no chicken breast.

Supermarkets should put a limit on what amount people are allowed to buy as iys ridiculous. A few Greeks not happy either as they completely blocked access to the fridge compartment while they emptied it.
20240629_140718.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Looks lovely, but looking forward to Moby getting the Moroccan Makeover lol
Yes I like the frankias.. but will see how moby looks in his new suit .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back