MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (28 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Cushty .. I can't see where that is as the link only shows me the actual site.. if I press back to.see map it closes
It's here where that yellow 10 point is
Screenshot_20240628-155013_searchforsites.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It's here where that yellow 10 point is
View attachment 916353
Ah cool

I'll be skipping a lot of the north coast this time as after the first place we were asilah i think it was i didn't like it much till around tagazoute. But I'll be about agadir so will have a look

Also depends if I'm travelling with anyone else as Morocco is hard on your own i think . I don't think I'd have lasted 2 months last year if I'd not been travelling with others

Last edited:

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Ah cool

I'll be skipping a lot of the north coast this time as after the first place we were asilah i think it was i didn't like it much till around tagazoute. But I'll be about agadir so will have a look

Also depends if I'm travelling with anyone else as Morocco is hard on your own i think . I don't think I'd have lasted 2 months last year if I'd not been travelling with others
You'll always meet some edjit out there lol

Jun 25, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
B--lox, once again thanks for the heads up, not very practical, with leaning over to put them up on the windscreen.🤷
The external ones are great .. the internal ones are often only used by folk who's vans don't have blinds or curtains. They're rubbish for condensation. As heat still gets past them to the glass.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Polar screens in Telford make them while you wait. 👍
Yes I've looked at them too.

The £140 price for a standard ducato cab seems reasonable but their A class ones starting at £285 is a bit of a swizz.
My van is an a class but a very small a class and I'm fairly sure the cover wouldn't be any larger than a standard van one .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Right guys .. question for you.

So I always feed my dogs dry kibble , ...but for the last few months I've been buying a couple of big tins of meat aswell and mixing a little bit in their evening food for a treat... a big tin normally does 3 nights and has always lasted fine .. I open in on night 1 at 8pm , take out a 3rd and the tin goes in a ziploc bag ... Same night 2 and night 3 it's finished so effectively 48 hours.
It's never left exposed so tonight I went to add it to their dinner ...night 3 and it was crawling with maggots 🤢🤮🤮. I'm guessing it's down to the heat despite the cupboard I keep the dog food in being by the fridge and quite cool ... and I try to keep that side in the shade.

But my question is ...how on earth did maggots get in there. The tin was never left unattended and kept in a ziploc bag once opened ....no flies to lay eggs in there. And how did they accumulate so quickly since 8pm last night.

Were they already in the meat? If so that's disgusting and puts me off ever getting meat for them again .

It's been fine every other time .

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Yes I've looked at them too.

The £140 price for a standard ducato cab seems reasonable but their A class ones starting at £285 is a bit of a swizz.
My van is an a class but a very small a class and I'm fairly sure the cover wouldn't be any larger than a standard van one .
Guessing there might be significantly more work and time entailed producing a one-off bespoke cover for an A-class, compared to a mass produced Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen one? :unsure:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Guessing there might be significantly more work and time entailed producing a one-off bespoke cover for an A-class, compared to a mass produced Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen one? :unsure:
Granted

But most of the a class ones they do are also mass produced.

Mine may well be one of bespoke which is why I'd not bother asking them for a price if an off the shelf one starts at £285 I'd imagine it to be dearer.

I'd like one , but I'm not willing to pay that much for one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2014
Fife
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper
Exp
Since 2012
tam
See if some people would let you try their silver screens on your van regardless what make of van they have.
I had a Mk7 transit and sold it for a new Auto trail on a Fiat Ducato, so I advertised the transit screens on gumtree and a guy with a VW crafter turned up to try them, they fitted fine. I sold the Fiat and bought a 30 year old Auto sleeper on a Mk 4 transit (my best motorhome yet) and tried the ducato screens on the transit. I wont say they fitted like a glove, more like a mitten, but they do the job and have done for the last 3 years

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Right guys .. question for you.

So I always feed my dogs dry kibble , ...but for the last few months I've been buying a couple of big tins of meat aswell and mixing a little bit in their evening food for a treat... a big tin normally does 3 nights and has always lasted fine .. I open in on night 1 at 8pm , take out a 3rd and the tin goes in a ziploc bag ... Same night 2 and night 3 it's finished so effectively 48 hours.
It's never left exposed so tonight I went to add it to their dinner ...night 3 and it was crawling with maggots 🤢🤮🤮. I'm guessing it's down to the heat despite the cupboard I keep the dog food in being by the fridge and quite cool ... and I try to keep that side in the shade.

But my question is ...how on earth did maggots get in there. The tin was never left unattended and kept in a ziploc bag once opened ....no flies to lay eggs in there. And how did they accumulate so quickly since 8pm last night.

Were they already in the meat? If so that's disgusting and puts me off ever getting meat for them again .

It's been fine every other time .
Tam. If that zip lock bag was sealed all the time then the only time a fly could have got in was when you first opened the can.
I’m assuming that it’s canned dog food! In which case the food is cooked after the tin is sealed, therefore anything like fly eggs are killed.
The only other possible reason is the tin had damages and leaked or was not fully cooked in the manufacturing process. But you probably would have noticed either of these situations.
if we use any tinned dog food we use a tin seal ( a zip bag is probably better) and keep it in the fridge once opened.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Granted

Mine may well be one of bespoke which is why I'd not bother asking them for a price if an off the shelf one starts at £285 I'd imagine it to be dearer.

Could it be the extra work in deciding where the attachments might go?

I think most coachbuilt external screens are trapped by the doors.

With A Class it may be more difficult according to whether the mirror brackets are bottom or top mounted and whether they are aft or forward of the W/S. That may only answer the attachment at top or bottom, then the other attachment has to ne considered.

Just my thoughts.

Jun 25, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
The external ones are great .. the internal ones are often only used by folk who's vans don't have blinds or curtains. They're rubbish for condensation. As heat still gets past them to the glass.

Granted

Is it because A class screens are bigger,but still a hefty price🤷

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This place do made to measure screens in a couple of hours I think and I believe they are cheaper than Silver Screens

I think they have changed name to

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam. If that zip lock bag was sealed all the time then the only time a fly could have got in was when you first opened the can.
I’m assuming that it’s canned dog food! In which case the food is cooked after the tin is sealed, therefore anything like fly eggs are killed.
The only other possible reason is the tin had damages and leaked or was not fully cooked in the manufacturing process. But you probably would have noticed either of these situations.
if we use any tinned dog food we use a tin seal ( a zip bag is probably better) and keep it in the fridge once opened.
That's why I found it strange as when I opened it 2 nights ago I forked out 1/3 then immediately put it in the ziploc bag ...so how a fly could have got near it I don't know. .think I'll have to put it in fridge next time ...but its a big feckin can lol .

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
That's why I found it strange as when I opened it 2 nights ago I forked out 1/3 then immediately put it in the ziploc bag ...so how a fly could have got near it I don't know. .think I'll have to put it in fridge next time ...but its a big feckin can lol .
we use the pouches when travelling they are ambient storage and single use. yes they are slightly more expensive but much easier to store and use.

A second thought Tam, had the zip bag been previousley used for the same purpose and could that have had a fly attach its eggs to it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back