MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (77 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Go into Google Maps & search Parking
Ach I just parked on the beach facing the ferry terminal, there was 1 Italian van here at the time. Since been joined by a turk. Had no bother so far and it's 11.30 now so hopefully be OK for tonight. There's a campsite near by but no signs saying no motorhomes or anything

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
As a change from motorhomes and to keep those who enjoy chasing vehicles like I do I'm currently on the scout for a motorised bike for the rear of the camper.

I'm interested in a few options, either a cheap road legal enduro ( aka off road bike )

Or a large wheeled scooter.

I don't want a wee wheeled scooter.

I'd also prefer manual gears or semi automatic

And it's gotta be light ...

So at the moment I have these on my watch list.

Some Need a bit work which I'm totally fine with as I would quite like something i can modify a little and perhaps have it colour coded to the camper.

I don't want to spend more than £1k in total .
And it has to be south England/Wales for collecting etc.

So first up

This old honda , same year as moby , enduro , road legal although it requires mot and v5 applying for. Future classic and would look good painted to match moby. I'd be looking to pay a good bit less than asking price though

Then there's this honda innova 2011 , 125 semi automatic, these things are getting rare and they're very popular In Greece Turkey and Morocco where modifying bits are easy to get .

Then there's the suzuki equivalent. . Already spoke to this seller and have a buy it now price from him , super low miles on this one

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Then you’ll just need something like this for the dagws..

IMG_3507.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
As a change from motorhomes and to keep those who enjoy chasing vehicles like I do I'm currently on the scout for a motorised bike for the rear of the camper.

I'm interested in a few options, either a cheap road legal enduro ( aka off road bike )

Or a large wheeled scooter.

I don't want a wee wheeled scooter.

I'd also prefer manual gears or semi automatic

And it's gotta be light ...

So at the moment I have these on my watch list.

Some Need a bit work which I'm totally fine with as I would quite like something i can modify a little and perhaps have it colour coded to the camper.

I don't want to spend more than £1k in total .
And it has to be south England/Wales for collecting etc.

So first up

This old honda , same year as moby , enduro , road legal although it requires mot and v5 applying for. Future classic and would look good painted to match moby. I'd be looking to pay a good bit less than asking price though

Then there's this honda innova 2011 , 125 semi automatic, these things are getting rare and they're very popular In Greece Turkey and Morocco where modifying bits are easy to get .

Then there's the suzuki equivalent. . Already spoke to this seller and have a buy it now price from him , super low miles on this one

There is merit in keeping the capacity at 125cc (or below) as many travel insurance policies restrict cover to that capacity.

I now plan to take a larger capacity bike on our travels and obtaining cover is quite a challenge. Ironically, if you ride the motorcycle to the continent (where unarguably the risk must be higher) they are happy to provide cover but as soon as you stick it in the back of another vehicle they get twitchy. 🤷‍♂️

Ian

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I’d get a decent e-bike, no insurance/mot free solar power to run it and not much to go wrong and will get you to most places you want to go….🤔
Sod that . They cost more than a second hand scooter or motorbike and no where near as much fun.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
There is merit in keeping the capacity at 125cc (or below) as many travel insurance policies restrict cover to that capacity.

I now plan to take a larger capacity bike on our travels and obtaining cover is quite a challenge. Ironically, if you ride the motorcycle to the continent (where unarguably the risk must be higher) they are happy to provide cover but as soon as you stick it in the back of another vehicle they get twitchy. 🤷‍♂️

Ian
Yes all are 125 or under. I had looked at a few ktm 200, 250 enduros but minimum of twice the price anyway

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well the xlr got away apparently... I put a second offer in at 650 , its been on at 845 for 30 days lol and it's apparently now sold for 845 with only 30 minutes left of the listing.

Will see if it gets relisted later

But in no desperate rush ...not back in UK for 5 weeks yet.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
XLR def most fun, innova is bullet proof, had one ages ago to commute, is boring ……
The innovas are well sought after for old scooters as its hard to get ones that aren't fully automatic. But I've seen some awesome modified ones in Turkey and Greece, the young lads really trick them out so not all boring. But at 99kg they're very light too .

But some ask silly prices for them too .

The suzuki address is much the same bike

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
In other news that big green n&b clou apparently sold last week but has since been relisted.

And the mobilvetta I posted that was 10995 also apparently sold but has been relisted first at 9995 and now dropped to 8995 . I'm guessing it had something wrong with it but looks a good van from the listing.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
No surprise there, looks great in the ad photos but in real life its is another storey.
Yeah it's often the case ... although at that price I wonder what folk expect . 9k isn't a lot for a motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Just out of curiosity what time is the sun setting in the UK just now?

It's the longest day tomorrow yet the sun sets here at 9.05pm which seems very early .

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
The innovas are well sought after for old scooters as its hard to get ones that aren't fully automatic. But I've seen some awesome modified ones in Turkey and Greece, the young lads really trick them out so not all boring. But at 99kg they're very light too .

But some ask silly prices for them too .

The suzuki address is much the same bike
I paid 1500 for my innova but it was mint, sold it after 1 year for same money , I had loads of MT5 MT8 MTX Honda’s, Suzuki ER,
Kreidler and Zundapp
Vespa The list is endless lol Yamaha FS1

When I was a kid😆👍

Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
Anywhere in the world you get the same amount daylight.

Its more in the north from the 21st march, and more south after the 21st September.

This is why we like going south spain in the winter 2.5 hrs per day more daylight around the winter solstice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back