MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (42 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ha Ha you were young once Tam 😉
I was

But I was never a dickhead.

Always a car person I hung out with my mates in carparks at beaches etc aswell. None of us behaved like the entitled little shits these days because if we had we'd either have been slapped by the locals or we'd have been moved by the police after they checked the car for something to threaten to charge us with.

Problem these days is these wee shites have never been slapped by their parents etc . That's over 2 hours now ... they haven't played a single complete song they just keep switching them about at the same time as talking loudly on the phone to some wee slapper called Maria.

A good slap would sort them out ..
I can't see you ever being contented anywhere, you seem to be totally against modern life, people aren't deliberately setting out to upset you just doing what they want to do much like you.
Have you any ideas as to where you will find what you are looking for.
In no way getting at you just a serious question.
I find what I'm looking for 90% of the time Charlie.

These 2 lads are deliberately trying to annoy the 3 campers that are parked here. It's the only reason they're here.

The 3 spots in close proximity to here all have reviews on park4night about youths on scooters throwing lemons etc at the campers ... this spot didn't have any negative reports.. that's why I parked here.

Trust me I know the difference between the average boy racer in cars and ones that are on a mission just to annoy.
These 2 are the latter. I've encountered many of the others over the years.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Blast them with Five finger something or other

One Piece Singing GIF by EsZ Giphy World

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Blast them with Five finger something or other

One Piece Singing GIF by EsZ Giphy World
I would but it would just annoy the other campers.

It's just 2 little neds with a shite car , shite music and little intelligence trying to amuse themselves. I could throttle the German though for saying it was a quiet spot .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Probably travel out of season.
Currently, it seems 'fashionable' to be anti-tourist, without thinking about the local economy if everyone just stayed at home.
I normally do and whilst you still get the odd setback it's not daily like it is during tourist season.

In hindsight I'm wishing I stuck to my original plan and done Bulgaria etc I just thought it would be nice to see Greece in the spring.

Never expected it to be quite so different. It's a learning curve but I've found it very different, in spring summer the only people who want you here are those making money off you the rest are not so friendly. In winter time I've found that to be very different.

Maybe that's why so many just stay in places like elea beach etc for 6 months.

In hindsight again I should have just stayed there another week possibly longer. I'm not that far from igoumenitsa at the minute and I've another 9 days yet so I'm not sure where I'm gonna go

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Not holiday weather until it's in the 30°'s. :rofl:
Feck off .

This isn't my idea of comfort lol. I used to like these temperatures when I went on package holidays and spent the day by the pool and the evenings in an air conditioned hotel .

In an old camper with no Aircon in a country full of mosquitoes and other beasties it's uncomfortable. I'm sweating , the dogs are panting constantly. It's just unpleasant.

I feckin hope the UK doesn't get a particularly warm autumn lol .

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I am pretty sure the locals would not have understood what you told them about your dogs. I would find dogs bounding up to me frightening and I am a doggy person. I don’t think that you can hide behind just saying they are doing what dogs do. Maybe it was ok with Jade and Milo as they are small but Ela and Blu are bigger.
The story with the German ladies and white trousers was funny only because they were Germans. Being on the beach first doesn’t really make it right.
I love your posts and don’t want to fall out just giving my point of view.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I am pretty sure the locals would not have understood what you told them about your dogs. I would find dogs bounding up to me frightening and I am a doggy person. I don’t think that you can hide behind just saying they are doing what dogs do. Maybe it was ok with Jade and Milo as they are small but Ela and Blu are bigger.
The story with the German ladies and white trousers was funny only because they were Germans. Being on the beach first doesn’t really make it right.
Agreed.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That's interesting to read , I didn't know that about dogs being on a lead as there are loads of Greek dog owners whose dogs aren't. There's also 3.2 million strays.

I do find it a bit of a cheek though that it states that dogs can swim on a remote beach but as soon as some entitled arsehole that could easily go elsewhere that doesn't have dogs there turns up you've got to put them on a lead.

And then the icing on the cake

Is Greece dog friendly.

Yes 🤣🤣🤣🤣

No it isn't

But saying that would harm tourism , like the turks and the morrocans say they like dogs.

It's feckin 35° and they want to stop dogs from being able to swim in the feckin sea.

As I said I hate people, even moreso politicians that make these rules to pander to idiots.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I assume you can’t change your ferry booking and leave early?
I could but probably at a high cost and I don't really want to do that. I have a budget and like to try and stick to it ... I'm already over it this month by going to kefalonia

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
P.s the dogs wouldn't have bounded up to them had she not behaved how she did.

It's strange how they don't seem to do anything about the abundance of stray dogs in the country though.

But of course that would involve them spending money rather than an easy fine for dog owners.

I might just start leaving their collars off and pretending their not mine.

Again I feckin hate people

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Anyway I'm not posting anymore tonight , I'm hot ,I'm fed up ....actually no I'm feckin angry .. I've literally had enough and not in the right mindset to be on here. I do my best with my dogs they ain't perfect but they're harmless.

I wish I'd not returned to Greece after Turkey as the last few weeks have really put me off it ...and I'm running out of places to go.

So rather than fall out with anyone ...I'll say goodnight

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
I was

But I was never a dickhead.

Always a car person I hung out with my mates in carparks at beaches etc aswell. None of us behaved like the entitled little shits these days because if we had we'd either have been slapped by the locals or we'd have been moved by the police after they checked the car for something to threaten to charge us with.

Problem these days is these wee shites have never been slapped by their parents etc . That's over 2 hours now ... they haven't played a single complete song they just keep switching them about at the same time as talking loudly on the phone to some wee slapper called Maria.

A good slap would sort them out ..
I find what I'm looking for 90% of the time Charlie.

These 2 lads are deliberately trying to annoy the 3 campers that are parked here. It's the only reason they're here.

The 3 spots in close proximity to here all have reviews on park4night about youths on scooters throwing lemons etc at the campers ... this spot didn't have any negative reports.. that's why I parked here.

Trust me I know the difference between the average boy racer in cars and ones that are on a mission just to annoy.
These 2 are the latter. I've encountered many of the others over the years.
It seems to me we are not welcome on most resorts in Europe these days. It is only going to get worse I think. I don't give a shit I hate the hot weather anyway. Those guys are just letting you all know you are not welcome. I would blast out some music back but I suppose that will just stress the dogs out. By you all I mean all of you campers, not just you and the dogs is it?

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I’m not sure how to phrase this but I did say before that you are a visitor in their country, now don’t BLOCK me again please 🙏.
We had trucks parked next to us in Portugal running their engines and releasing their air brakes, just had to accept it whether it was intentional or not . 🤷🏼‍♂️

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Anyway I'm not posting anymore tonight , I'm hot ,I'm fed up ....actually no I'm feckin angry .. I've literally had enough and not in the right mindset to be on here. I do my best with my dogs they ain't perfect but they're harmless.

I wish I'd not returned to Greece after Turkey as the last few weeks have really put me off it ...and I'm running out of places to go.

Being a Scot, the heat and bugs might be getting to you. I’d bite the bullet and get an earlier ferry, it was starting to get too hot for me in Portugal just before we headed for the ferry at Santander.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Tam, if it’s any help we phoned Dale at via Marie and he changed our ferry date at no extra cost. Can’t remember if you booked with him but it might be worth a call to your booking number.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Nope still there .. its a deliberate act for attention.

I am at the moment considering reversing my van out on to the road then taking my baseball bat to their lights a Stanley blade to their tyre valves and then setting off my fire extinguisher through their open window not necessarily in that order . Before I drive off
Time to chill Tam, wherever you are, whatever you do you will always find people being a nuisance , even people who live in the wilderness and own thousands of acres will still fall out with their neighbours even if that neighbour lives two hours away by light aircraft🤷🏻‍♂️😎

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
I had dogs most of my life, my father did train police dogs, so did grow up with dogs since birth.
I also accept that not everyone likes dogs. Some people are very afraid for dogs and for a good reason.
They don’t know that the dog which runs towards them is a friendly dog, and when it happens they panic. I can’t blame them, unfortunately there are a lot of nasty aggressive dogs on this planet, created by nasty humans.
A dog jumping up to other people is not acceptable because of the above, yes it can happen by accident but as a general rule if your dog does not have a 100% recall then it should be on a lead if it is known to go up to other people.
Yes this is annoying but part of responsible dog ownership.
The standard shout, don’t worry he/she is a friendly dog just isn’t good enough🤷🏻‍♂️

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.

You might try inland of Parga on the Acheron river Tam. worth a look anyway.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
My two dogs (terriers) at the moment are absolutely brilliant at recall. My boy Stanley a labradoodle was rubbish so for 14 years I kept him onlead on all of our walks, he loved his walks and yes I had to walk many more miles with him because of this but we had 3 acres of fenced off fields he could run around when we got home. Not all dog owners have this I know, we were lucky. Having 4 dogs is a different story though getting tangled up in leads is a danger to both Tam and his dogs. I get he needs to enjoy his time with his dogs and let them run free, sometimes he finds the right beaches and sometimes he doesn't. Don't get too depressed by this Tam. Just move on with those gorgeous dogs to somewhere you can all run free:h:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Tam, I am sitting here with my morning tea and hoping someone at the Hereford rally doesn’t report my Rosie jumping up at them! 🙂
I feel like I have given you a kick when you were down.
Those morons with the music pumping out are the ones that would have got my goat if I was there.
Hope all well this morning.

Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
The post about dogs and beaches which you made, did make me understand what to do /expect with our dogs if we ever get to Greece.
So thank you for the information.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
I think Tam is stressed he will be back when he feels better to keep us going with the adventure he is on, which we all love with his lovely family of dogs. I am the queen of stress so I get it(y)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back