MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (69 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Aye that's about how I remember it back home ...nearly 11pm and still light.

Well it's 21.45 here now and just starting to get dark.
Lovely here right now.
IMG_8141.jpeg

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Anywhere in the world you get the same amount daylight.

Its more in the north from the 21st march, and more south after the 21st September.

This is why we like going south spain in the winter 2.5 hrs per day more daylight around the winter solstice.

I find your first and last sentences contradictory.

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
What nationality are the people in the Fiat Ducato alongside you (photo 7)? I don’t recognise their number plate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Looks like a UK plate to me.

View attachment 912120
That's an iveco daily , a young English couple.

The ducato that's breaking the "no camping " rule of this parkup is a Turkish family ... the car park belongs to a tavern...only 6 spaces for campers.. the turks decided to take up 2 of them lol. The police apparently patrol at 7am each morning and fine those breaching the camping rule. Will see what happens in the morning

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What nationality are the people in the Fiat Ducato alongside you (photo 7)? I don’t recognise their number plate.
Turkish . There's 2 men a woman and 3 teenagers in that ...God knows how lol. But then again they've a load of shit outside it. Will be interesting to see if they get hassled in the morning

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Screenshot_20240619_235232_park4night.jpg
Screenshot_20240619_235248_park4night.jpg

It's a busy place ,we got here at 10.30 , tavern guy told me where to park and took note of the registration number. Not sure they enforce the 1 day only thing as the brit couple were here when I arrived, they left for an hour or two then returned.

The turks arrived about 2.30. The rest of the carpark was jammed with cars most of the day till the sun was setting . We didn't get on the beach till 5pm till about 7pm . Will get a swim etc in morning then I'm moving on again . Still hard to find quiet parkups. Looks nice but not that great a beach for the dogs as its quite steep in to the water and ela and milo not keen on the waves .
Screenshot_20240619_235232_park4night.jpg
Screenshot_20240619_235248_park4night.jpg

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just checked Kathimerini on-line but it is not showing any news about fires.

Where did you get the information?

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It's another day and another arsehole unfortunately....well actually 4 of them this time. I've 10 more days in Greece and I never thought I'd say it but I'll be glad to leave this time. Will definitely just be sticking to winter time in the future when you rarely see anyone.

This time it was locals .

I found a lovely quiet spot on the 5 mile long beach lagoon at lefkada ...I deliberately drove to a bit where there was no one . Out enjoying the beach and about 30 minutes after an old very fat couple turns up ...both get in the water and all is fine for about 10 minutes...blu is chasing the stick , ela is just standing in the water , milo is lying in the sand and jade's having a mooch about .. blu occasionally barking as I tease her with the stick ... then the old woman comes out the water and starts walking towards us waving arms and rabbiting in Greek, off course ela and blu run towards her barking... she starts screaming like a crazy person ....I'm trying to call the dogs back but the noise she's making and waving arms about blu thinks she's playing.. then the old dude starts up to about dogs being on a lead blah blah blah.. I tell him look we were here when you arrived, there's 5 miles of beach why did you decide to come to the very bit I'm at? There's a hundred different bits you could have went to ....I drove past a lot of them to find a place with no one ...you could have done the same . If you approach my dogs shouting and waving of course they will run to you. They won't harm you but they will run to you. . If you don't want to be near dogs then move somewhere else.

Then he starts on about calling the police which I told him to go right ahead ....I'll happily wait for them as I'm not going anywhere. Then another older woman turns up and a youngish girl with her straight away the first old woman starts telling them my dogs attacked her ... and again saying they'll call the police . Again i said if you want to do that then do it. I'm sure they've more important things to do than give you personal protection while you swim but go right ahead .. I walked back to where we were sitting and for the next hour I got stared at , shouting in my direction...the next 4 lazy buggers who also turned up and couldn't walk up the beach a bit also got told by the loudmouth about the nasty dogs ....the dogs that were by this time all lying chilled out on the beach . The police never arrived and eventually the old cow and her puppet left . The other old wife and I assume granddaughter continued to stare , point and yabber to themselves.

After a while I brought the dogs back to the van to get a drink. All lying outside on their leads and everyone decides then to leave. You couldn't make it up

There's miles of beach with no one on it .... but they had to come to the exact spot I'm at , fecking arseholes.

I really wish she had called the police because I'd love to have seen them telling her she was an arse .. she was on the phone so I'm guessing they either told her on the phone she was stupid or it wasn't them she was calling.

I hate people ,

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'd love another lockdown . I loved Greece during covid. Everywhere was quiet , the other campers you met were friendly . Travelling was actually easier. Now it's just all feckin idiots lol.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Any strays about in this dog hating location.
Have you seen any stone throwing, like Morocco ?

Mind you it seems we have similar mindlessly cruel individuals over here
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cm55rv415pzo
No I've actually not seen any strays since I left the peloponnese, there were none on kefalonia which I found strange .. and not seen any around lefkada. But only been there 2 days.

I've given up and moved as more locals turned up and the dirty looks I was getting I'm guessing they don't like campers around there.

You know its quite depressing, I don't follow the news as such but I get these news alert things on my phone and nearly everyone is anti tourist everywhere just now , between the constant complaining about the nc500 to locals in all the Spanish islands , to even Athens etc etc all whining and crying about tourists. And all these shits I've encountered over the last couple of weeks. It just really gets me down , I'm fed up with it. I'm starting to think that maybe it's time for something else , its not enjoyable when you can't relax, I'm tired of getting on at my dogs just for being friendly and being dogs.

Anyway I've moved now to a little spot by the water under some pine trees about 20 minutes drive north of lefkada at a wee village Agios nikolaos , there's an old converted sprinter ambulance from Germany here , guys in a wheelchair. I've been over and had a chat with them and they said it's a quiet spot so we will see.

The water isn't as nice but if I don't get any arseholes I'll cope .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Any strays about in this dog hating location.
Have you seen any stone throwing, like Morocco ?

Mind you it seems we have similar mindlessly cruel individuals over here
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cm55rv415pzo
As for that asshole with the seal I honestly don't understand people like that. Anyone found being cruel to animals should be publicly flogged in my opinion. No excuse for it.

I'm the opposite I'd be trying to get the seals to come and play lol. Why folk have the urge to chase them I don't know.

As I said I hate people . There's a few exceptions but in general I just find humans intolerable. The world would be a better place without us

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
As for that asshole with the seal I honestly don't understand people like that. Anyone found being cruel to animals should be publicly flogged in my opinion. No excuse for it.

I'm the opposite I'd be trying to get the seals to come and play lol. Why folk have the urge to chase them I don't know.

As I said I hate people . There's a few exceptions but in general I just find humans intolerable. The world would be a better place without us

Agree with the last sentence

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Please tell us they have moved on.
Nope still there .. its a deliberate act for attention.

I am at the moment considering reversing my van out on to the road then taking my baseball bat to their lights a Stanley blade to their tyre valves and then setting off my fire extinguisher through their open window not necessarily in that order . Before I drive off

Jul 25, 2017
scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Since 2017

I am at the moment considering reversing my van out on to the road then taking my baseball bat to their lights a Stanley blade to their tyre valves and then setting off my fire extinguisher through their open window not necessarily in that order . Before I drive off
Ha Ha you were young once Tam 😉

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

I can't see you ever being contented anywhere, you seem to be totally against modern life, people aren't deliberately setting out to upset you just doing what they want to do much like you.
Have you any ideas as to where you will find what you are looking for.
In no way getting at you just a serious question.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back