MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (5 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yeah I'm hoping that's a case of fabric with spray adhesive that's bubbling from Heat. But you're right that's the bits that need checked in person . I'm hoping it being an N&B clou that it's lived up to its reputation and not had leaks .. they're usually pretty good. So 🤞🤞
Just cosmetic I would think, it has had some remodelling inside so little things will have been moved leaving the odd mark or two, the corrosion on the alluminium oiutside is pretty normal as well I would say.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Just cosmetic I would think, it has had some remodelling inside so little things will have been moved leaving the odd mark or two, the corrosion on the alluminium oiutside is pretty normal as well I would say.
Yes that's what i was thinking , below that fabric panel is a radiator I think and probably the heat has caused the adhesive to fail.. not something to worry about.

And the corrosion on the aluminium I think I've had on quite a few of my vans , this mobilvetta included.

If those are the worst things on it I'll be a happy man lol.

I have everything crossed that its a good one . Couldn't ask for a better mechanical/ habitational combination.

Less than 100k miles it's barely run in 😁

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I have some of that on mine, its come off in a couple of places in the cupboards and some of the roof panels have wrinkles. I think its that over the years the thin foam backing has deteriorated.

This model Clou is quite rare and like you Northernraider I thought they were all on Iveco Chassis. I suspect this one would be quite noisy. ASFAIK the wall joint failing is quite rare, I'm on several N+B/Clou/Clouliner FB sites and been in the N+B club for many years and only ever heard of one. Still worth a good look though. The windows can be expensive but there are options these days and it is very nice to have glass windows. The other thing I would have a good look at is the shower tray as some of the older ones can get cracked and a good look round the garage floor.

There are quite a few of the Coachbuilt Clou bodies that have been swapped onto more modern bodies because the running gear got tired before the body.
I've seen a few on the merc chassis Jon, I posted another one I was interested in the other day which was 1999 on a merc 814 chassis , but it had every window damaged on it which put me off a little.

What I found strange was the fact they've used the merc chassis but used the headlights etc from an iveco .. but compared to some of the older clou's it's not bad on the eyes .

I agree about the glass windows as less likely to scratch.. I've a very clumsy pup these days that's often pawing at the windows. Also easier to tint for the warmer sunnier climates .

Here's hoping it doesn't have an major issues. The seller did say he's changed the toilet and handbasin in it aswell as the kitchen worktop ,sink ,cooker and stated the ovens never been used.

I think he loved it and has done a lot to it , can't see any horrific bodges from the photographs so hopefully it's the one.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes that's what i was thinking , below that fabric panel is a radiator I think and probably the heat has caused the adhesive to fail.. not something to worry about.

And the corrosion on the aluminium I think I've had on quite a few of my vans , this mobilvetta included.

If those are the worst things on it I'll be a happy man lol.

I have everything crossed that its a good one . Couldn't ask for a better mechanical/ habitational combination.

Less than 100k miles it's barely run in 😁
Looking at the photos I think you will find a bit of delamination of the body side panels, (it does happen) how much of a problem it would be I am not sure.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Looking at the photos I think you will find a bit of delamination of the body side panels, (it does happen) how much of a problem it would be I am not sure.
Yes I noticed on the photos there's a few bits here and there that look dented or uneven .... I was hoping that it's just the way the light is hitting the paint etc but yes delamination could be the reason.

It's why I thought at first it had been wrapped rather than painted as at first glance some bits look like bubbles under vinyl.

This current van has delamination on the roof .... on this one I think it's Been caused by previous leaks .

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I've seen a few on the merc chassis Jon, I posted another one I was interested in the other day which was 1999 on a merc 814 chassis , but it had every window damaged on it which put me off a little.

What I found strange was the fact they've used the merc chassis but used the headlights etc from an iveco .. but compared to some of the older clou's it's not bad on the eyes .

I agree about the glass windows as less likely to scratch.. I've a very clumsy pup these days that's often pawing at the windows. Also easier to tint for the warmer sunnier climates .

Here's hoping it doesn't have an major issues. The seller did say he's changed the toilet and handbasin in it aswell as the kitchen worktop ,sink ,cooker and stated the ovens never been used.

I think he loved it and has done a lot to it , can't see any horrific bodges from the photographs so hopefully it's the one.
New Alde boiler as well?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
New Alde boiler as well?
Yes and new roof Aircon and satellite dish, I think he's spent a good amount of money on it in the 5 years he's owned it.

And not done a lot of Miles. He did tell me he'd taken it down to Portugal the first year he had it ... but doesn't look like its gone far after that .

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
How will I check for that if it has some delamination Martin, I don’t want to give tam a load of pain for the sake of a little knowledge 👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
How will I check for that if it has some delamination Martin, I don’t want to give tam a load of pain for the sake of a little knowledge 👍
If you press the outside and the outer panel moves then it's unstuck ..

It will sometimes sound like roof Harris doing tiny kangaroo down 🤣

I'm hoping it isn't, and if it is then its minimal.. never had a van with delaminated sides but I've had a couple that the roof has been like that. Hasn't caused any problems but it doesn't look great.

Not sure if that van has aluminium sides or if it's grp. I think it's aluminium and if so it may just be like my current van and have wavy sides . If you stand at the front if this van and look down the sides it's not 100% flat anymore.

That's very hard to describe in text lol

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you press the outside and the outer panel moves then it's unstuck ..

It will sometimes sound like roof Harris doing tiny kangaroo down 🤣

I'm hoping it isn't, and if it is then its minimal.. never had a van with delaminated sides but I've had a couple that the roof has been like that. Hasn't caused any problems but it doesn't look great.

Not sure if that van has aluminium sides or if it's grp. I think it's aluminium and if so it may just be like my current van and have wavy sides . If you stand at the front if this van and look down the sides it's not 100% flat anymore.

That's very hard to describe in text lol
Will be aluminium inside and out, WESTY66 I think you will see it at the back top corner of the front side windows, a bit like a kink in the outer skin, it might also show a general uneven surface a bit like your plastering possibly 😏 it doesn’t have to have had a leak to cause it as it can just be the glue giving way.

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Yeah I was more meaning that maybe just because it has a j plate that it isn't a 1992. I'm guessing that's what the seller is going on as the mot history states 1997. But on the phone he told me it was 1992. A j plate is a 1991/2 but it's strange for dvla to.have it on record as a 1997 .

And mot history only as far back as 2018
That would lead me to think that was it's first UK mot.

It's been a while since I registered an import but back when I did you had to send in the registration details from the country of import to prove the year. If you didn't back then they q plated them.

Not sure if it's different now. I just don't understand where dvla would have got 1997 from .
I would not trust DVLA records very much - I have a Pininfarina 124 spyder (which was only built between 1983 - 1985) and DVL have isSued an age-related mark of an "A" prefix (whch is probably correct) but they have it as manufactured in 1997!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I would not trust DVLA records very much - I have a Pininfarina 124 spyder (which was only built between 1983 - 1985) and DVL have isSued an age-related mark of an "A" prefix (whch is probably correct) but they have it as manufactured in 1997!
Yeah that doesn't surprise me . Looking at the one jongood posted it probably is 1992.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Will be aluminium inside and out, WESTY66 I think you will see it at the back top corner of the front side windows, a bit like a kink in the outer skin, it might also show a general uneven surface a bit like your plastering possibly 😏 it doesn’t have to have had a leak to cause it as it can just be the glue giving way.

I'm pretty sure we'll give that area a right good looking over now you've mentioned it Martin, and other areas of course ;)

But we have an issue, its hammering down here and as an ex used car business owner, the one rule I had and stuck to without question was

''Never look at and buy anything that was wet", it hides a multitude of imperfections if their are any, so we'll certainly have to have are eyes peeled if its still raining like it is at the moment.

Let that be a lesson to others, if the suns out and its just been washed then walk away until you can see it dry, they'll be a reason why it's wet :wasntme:

PS. i've got some floor mats ready to take with us so Ade can crawl about underneath :ROFLMAO:

Northernraider and a 10mtr tape (y)

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I'm pretty sure we'll give that area a right good looking over now you've mentioned it Martin, and other areas of course ;)

But we have an issue, its hammering down here and as an ex used car business owner, the one rule I had and stuck to without question was

''Never look at and buy anything that was wet", it hides a multitude of imperfections if their are any, so we'll certainly have to have are eyes peeled if its still raining like it is at the moment.

Let that be a lesson to others, if the suns out and its just been washed then walk away until you can see it dry, they'll be a reason why it's wet :wasntme:

PS. i've got some floor mats ready to take with us so Ade can crawl about underneath :ROFLMAO:

Northernraider and a 10mtr tape (y)
The rain could play into our hands if there’s a leak, it be easier to spot😁😁
Only just spitting here🤷‍♂️🙄

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK, the sides should actually be fibreglass at that age, just been asking this Dutch guy on the stellplatz at Andernach.

IMG_2918.jpeg

This is 1979 on a 508 Merc, the body on this one is good👍

EDIT sorry got my decades mixed up, yours should be Aluminium I think, early ones were fibreglass.

Last edited:

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018

Martin

that dark area above the top left hand corner of the window could be a reflection from something after looking again at the photo

It could of course as you say be flat panel uniformity, we’ll see later on but i’ve added my spirit level to the list of things i’m taking

Better safe than sorry 😉

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin

that dark area above the top left hand corner of the window could be a reflection from something after looking again at the photo

It could of course as you say be flat panel uniformity, we’ll see later on but i’ve added my spirit level to the list of things i’m taking

Better safe than sorry 😉
Sorry ignore my comments re fibreglass as I was a decade out comparing the one above with the one you are looking at, pretty sure that should be aluminium in and out. If it’s delaminated you will see it with your eyes no need for a level.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back