MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
How the engine running now, have the diesel injectors freed up a bit with the additive in the tank?
Or is the Red light still appearing on the dash?
It may require a couple more fill ups with loads of injector cleaner, plus a good foot to the floor uphill Italian tune up to clear them through, with a bit of luck.🤞
LES

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
10 x mb11 cost 22 quid . Aten wanted 6 quid for one
Unless you want the high brightness ones, Aten ones are only £4, twice the price but many times the quality.
I suppose they have only got to last a year or two until you change vans.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What do you expect, only twits travel on Bank holiday Mondays & Friday afternoons. :rofl:
Oi!!! Who are you calling twits... I'm travelling home from Scotland today and the traffic has been really bad, hubby wanted to come back today instead of tomorrow ... Actually you might have a point about hubby! 😆

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Tried to go to Bristol just now turned round came home horrendous
Bristol and the M4 / M5 is usually pretty awful on a Friday afternoon, especially in the holiday season. Tam and Smiffy will have found it tough on the motorway today.

There was an e-scooter accident in the city this afternoon with a major road (A370 Coronation Rd) closed and general gridlock in the vicinity.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
How the engine running now, have the diesel injectors freed up a bit with the additive in the tank?
Or is the Red light still appearing on the dash?
It may require a couple more fill ups with loads of injector cleaner, plus a good foot to the floor uphill Italian tune up to clear them through, with a bit of luck.🤞
LES
It varies .. when red light is off it runs like a dream its quiet , smooth and reasonably responsive . When the light comes on there's just no throttle and its crawling at 25mph and there's nothing you can do till it goes off. First sniff of an incline and the red light is on .. has been on most of the drive down today... if it comes on when it's flat you can still drive at 60mph ...even had the cruise control on for a while a few times it will hold it dead on 60 on flat and going downhill ...uphill it still loses power.

I'm not sure if it's just dirty fuel , it may be an injector problem , I don't know if this engine has those little electric plugs same as the fiat 2.8 that go faulty.

Will have to investigate.

No engine management light no, no smoke or anything either .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Unless you want the high brightness ones, Aten ones are only £4, twice the price but many times the quality.
I suppose they have only got to last a year or two until you change vans.

That's the ones I bought ..

I can't afford to spend a fortune on bulbs right now as there is a list as long as my arm of other things I need to fix first at the minute I have no running water , no fridge, no battery power and an engine with faults , dodgy brakes and only half the lights on the van . I'm already feeling like I've made a terrible mistake. So bulbs are my least worry at the minute but the leds will use much less power than all the Halogen bulbs in here just now .

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
My injector light's been on for over 2 years and over 10,000 miles......doesn't seem to have any effect.......2001 Fiat 2.8jtd

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Would an option Tam to flog it on the Flair and keep Moby?
Yeah if I want to lose about 5 grand . No one would buy this van in the state its in for the money I paid.

Let's face it I wouldn't have lol 😆

Most of the jobs might be easy fixes but it's going to take time and money.. which is over and above the money I knew I would have to spend updating electrics etc .

It will be a good van when done . But for now it's just a money pit ... I'm just hoping I can sort all the current problems fairly cheaply so I can get on to the upgrades. Till moby sells I'm just eating in to more of my savings .

I hate doing that as I'm living off the interest . I've no other income

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
This
My injector light's been on for over 2 years and over 10,000 miles......doesn't seem to have any effect.......2001 Fiat 2.8jtd
This loses power as soon as it comes on and is then like a different van when it goes off. It's by no means fast but it goes well when the light is off.

No way in hell though that Wabbit Gareth drove it to get an mot then a cambelt without it coming on

He's a bare faced lying git

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back