MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Thought it was too good to be true when they were reading 13.2 after the drive… night.
Yeah although I did have a few of those Halogen spots on tonight aswell as the fairy lights but didn't last long. Those halogens do suck some amps.

This control panel doesn't give you battery percentage or amps remaining etc it only shows volts .. at present it shows battery half charged but reading 12.1v .. nothing on bar that TV on standby . Can't turn that off.

Bed time anyway

Night night

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have been out all day and just caught up, not ignoring you honest;) glad you are sorted with the charging/fridge and D+ bit as I didn't know the answer anyway:LOL:, yes it's normal on N+B for the fridge to run off the 12v leisure batteries when you select 12v manually.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I have been out all day and just caught up, not ignoring you honest;) glad you are sorted with the charging/fridge and D+ bit as I didn't know the answer anyway:LOL:, yes it's normal on N+B for the fridge to run off the 12v leisure batteries when you select 12v manually.
Yes got the charging etc fixed but unfortunately fridge not getting cold on gas or 12v so far. Will try it on 24v when I get back to Just smiffy .

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
All my previous vans have had cheap ebay lens and never had a problem bar that one set of lights on moby last year.

The hymer etc was all bought from ebay.
Aten lighting are only a few pence dearer than than eBay ones and 100 times better, but you never listen.
I've just been plunged in to darkness lol. Leisure battery's down at 11.8v so it cut all me lights off lol.
Control panel is probably reading high common on CBE panels as I don't think it should cut out until down to 10.5v. I think you can recalibrate it.

4 years 4 me with ebay leds, I've got 11 not one gone wrong 👍
You have been lucky, problem with the cheap one ones the suppliers often don't use the same source I've had colour and brightness vary from the same supplier when bought a few months apart. Also they rarely meet the spec, ones from Aten are always brighter for the same rated lumen.
I like cheap but not worth the risk with LED's.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Aten lighting are only a few pence dearer than than eBay ones and 100 times better, but you never listen.

Control panel is probably reading high common on CBE panels as I don't think it should cut out until down to 10.5v. I think you can recalibrate it.

You have been lucky, problem with the cheap one ones the suppliers often don't use the same source I've had colour and brightness vary from the same supplier when bought a few months apart. Also they rarely meet the spec, ones from Aten are always brighter for the same rated lumen.
I like cheap but not worth the risk with LED's.
A bunch of non branded LEDs that an electrician fitted in our kitchen have all gone pop after less than a year. I've got some Phillips ones arriving in the post today.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
My wife had this photo on her iPad but I didn’t then realised I’d somehow got Just smiffy on ignore, must of had fat fingers at some time😏
🤣🤣🤣🤣 we've been wondering about that for weeks. As your wife hasn't.

That doesn't sound like it'd meant to ...I'll rephrase , Shrimp doesn't have him on ignore so we wondered why you did 😁

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005

When we bought our van in 2010 I changed all our bulbs at the Lincoln show with Aten lighting. Still all working as they should. Brilliant value.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We are going back home to mine today, finally managed to persuade him to get this van sorted as he’s living in it and it’s all over the place at the moment and with the dogs in the van getting in the way it’s a nightmare, we will be able to work on it so much easier at mine.

If his fridge don’t work on 240 then it’s probably knackerd which would be a shame as it looks new despite being 20yrs old. Probably try a new burner for a small outlay but we’ll see.

Moby will just have to wait to be sold but I’ve told him that if someone is really keen then I’ll bring him back up in the car but don’t know how that will go….

We do all get on well so it’s not a problem him staying for long, some of you may remember Tam saying several times that he doesn’t like people so I’m beginning to wonder if he really hates me…..😆🤪🤣😂😉

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Hi Northernraider jist thought have you tried the generator yet? That will give you 230v to try the fridge and also charge your batteries 👍
Think they driving back down to Just smiffy so they can work on Doc more easily

Feb 24, 2018
Humberside
Funster No
MH
Geist Phantom
Exp
MoHo since March 2018.
We are going back home to mine today, finally managed to persuade him to get this van sorted as he’s living in it and it’s all over the place at the moment and with the dogs in the van getting in the way it’s a nightmare, we will be able to work on it so much easier at mine.

If his fridge don’t work on 240 then it’s probably knackerd which would be a shame as it looks new despite being 20yrs old. Probably try a new burner for a small outlay but we’ll see.

Moby will just have to wait to be sold but I’ve told him that if someone is really keen then I’ll bring him back up in the car but don’t know how that will go….

We do all get on well so it’s not a problem him staying for long, some of you may remember Tam saying several times that he doesn’t like people so I’m beginning to wonder if he really hates me…..😆🤪🤣😂😉
I always say I don’t like people but there are exceptions. Probably same as Tam means haha

With LED’s I use cheap ones and have for years, I always go for the 10v to 36V, (or whatever they are) as battery voltage is often higher with lifepo4, don’t know if it really makes any difference but has worked for me

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I always say I don’t like people but there are exceptions. Probably same as Tam means haha

With LED’s I use cheap ones and have for years, I always go for the 10v to 36V, (or whatever they are) as battery voltage is often higher with lifepo4, don’t know if it really makes any difference but has worked for me
I spent 60 quid on leds last night that's more than enough for me .

10 x mb11 cost 22 quid . Aten wanted 6 quid for one

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Safe travels Tam, Friday is the worst day for travelling in my book. Just taken me 40 minutes to get home from city centre, usually takes 20. Loads of roadworks, 2 lanes down to 1, traffic lights, contraflow, and numpty drivers stopping on the yellow hashes when going straight on.
sitting with a nice cuppa now and wondering if the seat cover i took off and washed, will ever go back on 🤣

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We're having problems with traffic too, we set off from Dumfries around 11 am and still haven't got onto the A1(M) yet! Loads of traffic jams, road works, tractors and cyclists not letting people past, we've had to do some narrow country lanes to get past some of the worst hold ups.

Edit ... Just got on the motorway at last. 😐

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It’s Friday afternoon Tam !

But I agree the UK is just one big traffic jam especially on the motorway!
Is it also end of school holiday traffic too
Aye but they have Fridays and holidays in Europe too but i can't recall ever encountering traffic jams like the UK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back