MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (7 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Correct, but they are usually of inferior quality.

You do have a choice, you buy it elsewhere, but it may not be the same. My relevant experience comes from being an official Yamaha Jet Ski dealer for Las Palmas for many years and I hope this might be helpful to you.

We sold jet skis to all the hire companies on the island and also in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura. These guys can rack up over 1.000 hours per jet ski in a year so obviously their maintenance is high. The number one failure is the turbine bearings - there are three of them. Now the bearings are not made by Yamaha, but they are made to Yamaha standards. The rent guys can buy locally for around half the Yamaha price and they work fine, but for around 6 months but then they need changing again. The Yamaha OEM bearings can, and normally do, last over a year. So in the end they all bought OEM from us.
Did you miss the part when I said they were ALL the same skf bearing. It's the Sane part it's simply main dealer adding there bit on .

Diesel filter golder on the ducato is the same . Only one company makes em , £69 on ebay , £300 and odd from fiat

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Did you miss the part when I said they were ALL the same skf bearing. It's the Sane part it's simply main dealer adding there bit on .
No, I did not miss that bit. The same manufacturer makes different quality items, that is a fact whether you like it or not. The Yamaha bearings I mentioned are all made by the same factory, but not equal.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
No, I did not miss that bit. The same manufacturer makes different quality items, that is a fact whether you like it or not. The Yamaha bearings I mentioned are all made by the same factory, but not equal.
If its exactly the same part number mate it's exactly the same part .

If you believe anything else then you need to have a word with tha sin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
I noticed you tidied it up when Helen Ariel was visiting...I had to climb over everything when I was there lol

Favoritism and me your favourite nephew tae

Mia took great pleasure in showing me pics of the garage after she’d tidied it last time!

Paul

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
I noticed you tidied it up when Helen Ariel was visiting...I had to climb over everything when I was there lol

Favoritism and me your favourite nephew tae
Never mind the garage what about the state of the garden? Lawn seems to have had a giant mole let loose and the brambles I was cutting down on Monday were 2 inches thick!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I spent a while underneath Tams van today adjusting the hand brake and although there is some surface rust in parts it is all in very good order and I’ve seen far worse on a 10 year old van…
I didn’t mean the surface rust but the shape of that part - it sort of looks jagged and broken - but I don’t even know what it is 🤣

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I didn’t mean the surface rust but the shape of that part - it sort of looks jagged and broken - but I don’t even know what it is 🤣
That's the brake disc backing plate , they're very thin and always rust. But for its age they're not too bad on this you don't see much of it when the disc is fitted

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
If its exactly the same part number mate it's exactly the same part .

If you believe anything else then you need to have a word with tha sin
My brother worked in an Austin Rover garage about 40 years ago, they used to look after some Police cars and their cars always seemed a bit quicker despite being full of crap (a bit like Just Smiffy's shed) he soon found that a lot of the engine part numbers were different for Police vehicles to standard. I can't see how you can have two different things with the same part number.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back