MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Should come up in your alerts.
We don’t get them any more by email, only when I come back and log on do I see a number of ones I missed. So click the oldest to go back to where I was, and read on to catch up. It takes time. 😂i miss the emails Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Right we phoned iveco this morning they wanted £172 for the genuine iveco aka skf wheel bearing ... told them to sod off.
Could get genuine iveco skf bearing delivered from ebay by ups tomorrow for £56 but we thought we'd go try that bearing place in redruth .. and he can get the skf bearing in for tomorrow lunchtime for £53 so just ordered that and will pick it up tomorrow. Going to get everything degreased and cleaned up today and the new brake shoes fitted. Will also clean and grease the pistons and sliders on the brake caliper so everything is nice and free . And hopefully have the whole thing reassembled by tomorrow afternoon. 🤞

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
£53 thats more like it, Genuine OE part prices are taking the pee, after all they are SKF not Iveco.
Easy way to con a profit aint it?:mad: Fiat Professional/Iveco garages have us by the short & curlies when its in their hands, and we are not given a choice.
I hope the N&B Axel Gear & Brakes are not needing the same overhaul, although you & smithy should have the hang of how to service them by now.;)
LES

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
£53 thats more like it, Genuine OE part prices are taking the pee, after all they are SKF not Iveco.
Easy way to con a profit aint it?:mad: Fiat Professional/Iveco garages have us by the short & curlies when its in their hands, and we are not given a choice.
I hope the N&B Axel Gear & Brakes are not needing the same overhaul, although you & smithy should have the hang of how to service them by now.;)
LES
Yeah iveco buys the bearings from skf multiplies the price by 4 and then adds vat .. and then they say but I'll give you discount on the part ... but it still ends up 3 times the price they buy it.

Good work if you can get it eh?

Everyone else sells it for between £50-90

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Where I park
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
A long time ago when i had one of my VW split screen campers I needed to replace the reduction gears bearings. VW wanted an arm and a leg for them and said it would take a while to get them.So i went to a local bearing business in Barnstaple at the time with one of the bearings and the guy disappeared for a couple of minutes and came back with the bearings I wanted. He said they fit a number of different things. 👍 Funny thing was the bearing shop was less than five minutes walk away from the main VW dealership. 😂

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well Tam I’m in for MOT just now and the handbrake has just fired the van straight off the rollers with a “f### me, that handbrake is good” from the tester😊😊😊😊
We’ll see how the rest of the test goes😇😇😇🤔
What chassis are you on ?
Apparently the n&b was good .

I think the garage last year didn't adjust the shoes properly either.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Fingers crossed for you Tam. son had an Iveco camper, converted from a sitter ambulance, it was a 'mare to get parts for, fuel economy was non existent, but he lived in it while he did his degree.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Fingers crossed for you Tam. son had an Iveco camper, converted from a sitter ambulance, it was a 'mare to get parts for, fuel economy was non existent, but he lived in it while he did his degree.
The one I have now is iveco too but a bit older. Always managed to get the parts it's just the registration number brings up ford motorhome and half the motor factor people are too daft to realise its just a platform chassis. I've gotta tell them all the time then they find them

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
The one I have now is iveco too but a bit older. Always managed to get the parts it's just the registration number brings up ford motorhome and half the motor factor people are too daft to realise its just a platform chassis. I've gotta tell them all the time then they find them
His may have been a similar vintage,or older he went to uni 30 years ago and it was old then 🤣

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
All cleaned up , new shoes fitted , caliper pistons and sliders cleaned up and greased, all I'm waiting for now is the bearing.
20240820_180039_copy_1209x1612.jpg
20240820_180042_copy_1209x1612.jpg
20240820_180046_copy_1612x1209.jpg

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Correct, but they are usually of inferior quality.
You do have a choice, you buy it elsewhere, but it may not be the same. My relevant experience comes from being an official Yamaha Jet Ski dealer for Las Palmas for many years and I hope this might be helpful to you.

We sold jet skis to all the hire companies on the island and also in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura. These guys can rack up over 1.000 hours per jet ski in a year so obviously their maintenance is high. The number one failure is the turbine bearings - there are three of them. Now the bearings are not made by Yamaha, but they are made to Yamaha standards. The rent guys can buy locally for around half the Yamaha price and they work fine, but for around 6 months but then they need changing again. The Yamaha OEM bearings can, and normally do, last over a year. So in the end they all bought OEM from us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back