MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (5 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Currently in asda carpark having lunch after my first UK supermarket shop since getting back. I'm starting my diet again from now as I'd like to lose a couple of stone again before I head off for the winter. Between last winter trip then my mums illness last year my weight soared and then increased yet again over my recent trip. Its something I think I'll always battle with but if I get a bit off again before winter it will help a bit

Dogs will be glad as they like the dog food I get from asda better than the stuff we get while in Europe.

I was trying to replenish my paracetamol and ibuprofen stocks too but the buggers would only let me buy 2 packs of each so I'm gonna have to just buy a couple of packs each week when I'm back. I like to keep a good supply just incase I get any ailments when travelling

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I do it regularly. It is only a single step version though; it’d be a bigger challenge on those with two steps. 👍

Ian
I think my current van is so high because my step is right at the rear of the van . The n&b is different. But I only put the step out if the dogs are going in and out otherwise I just climb in

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
On this thread Tams electric step failed - his A class has a cab door- try getting in or out of the Concorde without a working step.....
I can climb into ours no bother and same height as Concorde, if I just want get something out at home when the step is up I don’t bother putting it out, re one door we have had this layout for 12 years and never worried about it, a drivers door wouldn’t really work on A class with one level floor anyway.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Currently in asda carpark having lunch after my first UK supermarket shop since getting back. I'm starting my diet again from now as I'd like to lose a couple of stone again before I head off for the winter. Between last winter trip then my mums illness last year my weight soared and then increased yet again over my recent trip. Its something I think I'll always battle with but if I get a bit off again before winter it will help a bit

Dogs will be glad as they like the dog food I get from asda better than the stuff we get while in Europe.

I was trying to replenish my paracetamol and ibuprofen stocks too but the buggers would only let me buy 2 packs of each so I'm gonna have to just buy a couple of packs each week when I'm back. I like to keep a good supply just incase I get any ailments when travelling
Just go back in and get another allowance of meds, the restrictions are per visit. Not the first time we have had more as I put some in and misses, girl at till just put them through as a second receipt

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
As always thanks again for you hospitality and help . And I've said it before I'm always happy to help out with jobs you need help with. Make use of my youth and strength 💪 🤣🤣😜 while I'm there. Still think we should have done another tip run this morning with those bricks but you are a terrible hoarder 😁
I bet he is the sort of bloke that has "a nice box in the loft that will come in handy!!" Probably had it since 1970!!:LOL::LOL:

Norfolk Nige

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 4, 2021
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
No longer have one
Exp
Caravanning since 1980, saw the light in 2020

If you buy from the Pharmacy rather than off the shelf you can buy the bigger packs Northernraider Tam.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
The discussion about doors/one/two/drivers/which side seems to be split between those that do not have only one door, who say its inconvenient/dangerous and those that have only one door who say it is workable.

Draw your own conclusions.

Note to self: I must look to see how many I have. :LOL:
And those that have had A class with cab and without cab door and think it doesn’t make an apath of difference.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
And those that have had A class with cab and without cab door and think it doesn’t make an apath of difference.
I have A class with cab door, but I’m LHD so it’s really handy, that said if I could stretch to a bigger liner type with just the hab door, it wouldn’t bother me at all👍

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Old school & cool 😎
20240806_184541.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Both my frankia and hymer were rhd with left hand cab door so I very rarely used them . The euramobil had driver and passenger doors which was handy , again mostly for refuelling as that's one of the few times I go out the van without the dogs. The mobilvetta is lhd with left hand door so I do use it . And I'll use the one on the n&b because it's there . If it wasn't I can't say it would matter much

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005

If you get to a chemist you can get 2 boxes of 36 sometimes 3 if you ask the pharmacist.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
With the price of some A Class there is not enough money left for extras like two cab doors. :LOL:

I am surprised they fit those 'extras' to C Class ;) ;)
According to my 2004 brochure the drivers door was £535 as an option
. The sat nav package was £3400 and the reverse camera a further £555 . Sat nav will be useless now but the camera works through that.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Yes asda is 39p for 16 paracetamol, 45p for 16 ibuprofen. Not sure how much the pharmacy is .

I get hay-fever tablets in asda too 30 days for £2
I think I pay 79p for 32 at my chemist. I use generic hayfever tabs cetrezine which are £1.75 for 30 or if on special offer £1.25. I'm not allowed ibuprofen so have no idea of cost

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back