MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have a feeling they will be like these, I am assuming the suspension is controlled from an IVECO button on the dashboard.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I have a feeling they will be like these, I am assuming the suspension is controlled from an IVECO button on the dashboard.

Yeah it's iveco buttons on dash one to inflatable one to deflate

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yeah it's iveco buttons on dash one to inflatable one to deflate
And another one possibly that it took me an age to work out what it did :unsure: it holds the level you have set so you can lift or drop the rear and it will hold that position rather than levelling at 15 mph or whatever the setting, just remember what you have done if you drop it and then lock as it feels like you are driving on flat tyres (don't ask how I know;))

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
And another one possibly that it took me an age to work out what it did :unsure: it holds the level you have set so you can lift or drop the rear and it will hold that position rather than levelling at 15 mph or whatever the setting, just remember what you have done if you drop it and then lock as it feels like you are driving on flat tyres (don't ask how I know;))
I reckon it shouldn't be too bad on that van as the airbags haven't replaced anything so it still has leaf springs and shockers on it .. but once I've got the van I can see if there are a name and part no on it and I'll pick up a spare one just incase

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I reckon it shouldn't be too bad on that van as the airbags haven't replaced anything so it still has leaf springs and shockers on it .. but once I've got the van I can see if there are a name and part no on it and I'll pick up a spare one just incase
Leaf spring just locates the axle, the bags are the springs, no bag = no suspension, same as our Flair was.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well that's the n&b got a years mot.

Obviously did the bare minimum to it though but at least It's done.

Interesting though that most of the things it failed on originally saying major defects suddenly become minor defects .

Tight sod never even put a pair of wiper blades or a bulb in it.

Screenshot_20240805_142030_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240805_142040_Chrome.jpg

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Funny that, was it the same test centre ?

Interesting though that most of the things it failed on originally saying major defects suddenly become minor defects .

View attachment 932225View attachment 932226

Aug 30, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Rimor Evo 95
Exp
Since March 2022
Funny that, was it the same test centre ?
Wondered that myself, then noticed the odometer reading unchanged. If that’s correct would assume van didn’t leave MOT test station. Not sure if that is actually what’s happened (?), as it does appear all a bit unusual, given the fact the wiper blades have not been changed, which is usually a black/white check imho. I am sure Tam will find out what ‘exactly’ happened. Does look a bit ‘odd’ on the face of it.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

View attachment 932225View attachment 932226
I fail to see how the ministry could accept that in the first test it failed on "major"defects that in the second test become "minor" defects Iwould be making a complaint.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Does it matter?
It's got a year's ticket
Tam will address all those issues itemised in due course whether the mot inspector thinks them major or minor
Yes there's nowt serious and all stuff I'll fix but it does tell you that mot inspectors ain't reliable

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I fail to see how the ministry could accept that in the first test it failed on "major"defects that in the second test become "minor" defects Iwould be making a complaint.
It is only a couple of bulbs and a set of wiper blades though. I'll sort them when I collect it but it's very tight for what It would have cost to change them .

I knew it would fail on the wiper blades as they were solid and green .

The fuel leak was apparently a loose diesel filter so basically they've tightened the filter and retested it. Probably not aligned the headlamps either but I'm going to replace those anyway.

Tbh I just wanted the 12 months mot on it so I didn't have to worry about anything serious on it. Everything it failed on my own mot inspector would never have seen as I'd have fixed all that before taking it for an mot.

I do wonder though if he does that with his trade vehicles too.

As I've said before I never trust dealers ...its the least effort. Least outlay for maximum profit.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I've just messaged him asking him that when they fit the cambelt kit to get the alternator and aircon belts changed at the Same time because they're a pain to get at and knowing mechanics not all of them think to change them . Told him I'll happily cover the extra £30 quid for the w belts or whatever if need.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think Tam knows what is serious and what's not......wiper blades, bulbs .not important now - vehicle not being used, Tam will sort and be happy nothing serious (y)
Yeah to be honest it's the belts etc I was more concerned with. I had a rough idea what it would need for an mot after I looked at it. Few things I expected advisories on that weren't looked at obviously but I'll be sorting them out anyway.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
My van failed its MOT at a Fiat Prof garage, due to smeary wiper blades, 15 minutes and £20 later, it went through again with a pass.
How can Tams van pass with knackered windscreen blades not being replaced?
The fact that its on the mot record as a fail for wiper blades peed me off as they did a full service on the van, so should have changed the blades before doing the MOT:swear:
I reckon that garages have to maintain a believable Pass/Fail Ratio to keep the authorities off their back.
LES

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
My van failed its MOT at a Fiat Prof garage, due to smeary wiper blades, 15 minutes and £20 later, it went through again with a pass.
How can Tams van pass with knackered windscreen blades not being replaced?
The fact that its on the mot record as a fail for wiper blades peed me off as they did a full service on the van, so should have changed the blades before doing the MOT:swear:
I reckon that garages have to maintain a believable Pass/Fail Ratio to keep the authorities off their back.
LES
There's something strange with this. It's all computerised now so it can't fail on something and then pass with the same thing, it's on the form so can't change.
Is it a dodgy garage?

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Bought my Saab - previous MOT advisories disappeared when trader (seller) MOT'd it - same advisories reappeared when I MOT'd it a year later

Was I bothered? - no

Still have the car - just passed again (y)

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
It's all computerised now so it can't fail on something and then pass with the same thing, it's on the form so can't change.
You’ll see though that the code that’s referenced is different between the Fail and Pass certificates.

It’s still a nonsense though.

Is it a dodgy garage?
Undoubtably.

Ian

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
There's something strange with this. It's all computerised now so it can't fail on something and then pass with the same thing, it's on the form so can't change.
Is it a dodgy garage?
The MOT tester failed it on wiper blades, a mechanic appeared in reception and told me it had failed on wiper blades, which I thought was a bit harsh as I had driven it 120 miles in the rain to get there without noticing them being smeary at all, they were 3 years old and less than 10 thousand miles done.
Once he received my OK to replace them for £20, the van was put through again with a PASS, but as I said, I am annoyed as it had a full service done the same day, why didnt they change the wiper blades before putting it through the MOT.
To me it seems daft that a garage sometimes says..."The MOT will show up what needs doing if anything" then service the van, correct any problems, then MOT it again the same day. At least they didnt charge me for 2 MOT's.
PS: This is the MH dealer I bought the van from new, they have serviced it ever since, never had a problem with them, other than their OTT MOT tester, lacking a bit of common sense and changing the blades before failing it.

LES

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
The MOT tester failed it on wiper blades, a mechanic appeared in reception and told me it had failed on wiper blades, which I thought was a bit harsh as I had driven it 120 miles in the rain to get there without noticing them being smeary at all, they were 3 years old and less than 10 thousand miles done.
Once he received my OK to replace them for £20, the van was put through again with a PASS, but as I said, I am annoyed as it had a full service done the same day, why didnt they change the wiper blades before putting it through the MOT.
To me it seems daft that a garage sometimes says..."The MOT will show up what needs doing if anything" then service the van, correct any problems, then MOT it again the same day. At least they didnt charge me for 2 MOT's.
PS: This is the MH dealer I bought the van from new, they have serviced it ever since, never had a problem with them, other than their OTT MOT tester, lacking a bit of common sense and changing the blades before failing it.

LES
Would they not have charged you 20 quid to change the wiper blades on the service anyway? 20 quid added to the service or the MOT = the same thing. Not sure I've ever had wiper blades changed on a service.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back