MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I hope Lenny HB sent him off with a few gifts for me…:wine:

And it looks like Tam is taking the scenic route…:whistle2:
I think we drank uncle Lenny HB stash , that man's a bad influence. I've had a drink every night since Thursday lol .

I didn't think you were home yet so planned to arrive tomorrow

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Trago Mills diesel at Newton Abbott is really cheap last time it was 10p a litre less than other garages. Only just off the A38.
And you can say hello to Simon Select and his doggie whilst there! You never know, he might make you an offer for your MH👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
126 bis, cute wee descendant of the fiat 500 . I really liked its big brother the fiat 127 , or the 128 saloon
Fiat 126 or as we used to call them in Ireland the Fiat Lunchbox 🙂
I've had two, first was an air-cooled one then got a water cooled one which was a beautiful primrose yellow and almost mint. He was called Totty as we put the registration F126 TOT on him! 😄

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Trago Mills diesel at Newton Abbott is really cheap last time it was 10p a litre less than other garages. Only just off the A38.
If you don't mind queuing up for half an hour and then find the pump you pulled up at is out of order. Not worth the hassle.

Jun 12, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138 Compact
Exp
Since 2017
Yes asda is 39p for 16 paracetamol, 45p for 16 ibuprofen. Not sure how much the pharmacy is .

I get hay-fever tablets in asda too 30 days for £2
Get back to Scotland and you will get all these free on Pharmacy First ( we get free prescriptions and Pharmacy First allows the pharmacy to issue some medication without a doctor issuing a prescription). . Beconase spray is great for hay-fever and free on Pharmacy First.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Get back to Scotland and you will get all these free on Pharmacy First ( we get free prescriptions and Pharmacy First allows the pharmacy to issue some medication without a doctor issuing a prescription). . Beconase spray is great for hay-fever and free on Pharmacy First.
No disrespect but that's something that really annoyed me in Scotland. Whilst free prescriptions are great for those who need them for expensive drugs it bugged me when folk went to the doctors for a prescription for paracetamol etc that can be bought very cheap but the NHS has to pay those pharmacies about £13 quid to cover that prescription. They're free at point of use but someone's paying for it.

I can afford to buy them

Jun 12, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138 Compact
Exp
Since 2017
No disrespect but that's something that really annoyed me in Scotland. Whilst free prescriptions are great for those who need them for expensive drugs it bugged me when folk went to the doctors for a prescription for paracetamol etc that can be bought very cheap but the NHS has to pay those pharmacies about £13 quid to cover that prescription. They're free at point of use but someone's paying for it.

I can afford to buy them
I totally agree with you re the paracetamol and ibuprofen etc.
I have had the excema-allergy thing all my life so I have a prescription for the stuff I need. Even though i can afford it I'm glad it's free or it would be quite costly. Paracetamol and such-like is got at the supermarkets.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
You are not far from us! Better walks off the A380 across the top of the hill and the best ever Greasy Spoon cafe at the top of Telegraph Hill. On your side the Forestry Commission charge for parking and its very commercial further along towards the Belvedere with GoApe through the trees etc. We are out today with the grand children or I would have popped by and said Hi!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
and ibuprofen stocks too but the buggers would only let me buy 2 packs of each
as said ,use the pharmacy
Just go back in and get another allowance of meds, the restrictions are per visit. Not the first time we have had more as I put some in and misses, girl at till just put them through as a second receipt
we did that once girl said I couldn-t buy my two packets as "we were together" . I hope someone enjoyed reshelfing all the shopping.
If you buy from the Pharmacy rather than off the shelf you can buy the bigger packs Northernraider Tam.
At tescos it is boxes of 96 x 200mg as long as you have no health conditions & that includes bp medicine/statins
Not sure how much the pharmacy is .
£1,90 for 96 we paid

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Fife isn't the far North as there is another 252 miles to J'oG, remember Fife is where Tam is frae. ;)
Thanks, my geography isn't that bad, but the likelihood of something similar being for sale in the last 252 miles rapidly diminishes. I'm well aware that is where Tam originates from ;)

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Uh Ohh.....
Just arrived at the Malibu factory....
Don't worry I'm not buying nothing (I think) :rofl:
20240807_152210.jpg
20240807_152429.jpg

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005

I can afford to buy them
I can also get my Paracetamol and hayfever medication on prescription. I choose not to for the reasons Tam gave above.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
As a comparison prescriptions are free in Wales but. However, Unless there is a specific reason normal over the counter medication is not free.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm settled in on Just smiffy driveway , dogs have had a run around the garden ....and the house , milo straight in to giving Gary cuddles etc which is very unusual for him , normally takes him a few days before he stops barking at new people . Had the scooter off the rack and had my first wee shot on it. Had a nosey around Gary's van which is a great layout for a panel van .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Here tam😁

Nice van that but I prefer the one I'm buying , single beds are not for me and I'm not keen on the beige leather etc also think mine has better spec and £15k ,50% cheaper but I agree that seems a cheap van for that money.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back