MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (7 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I wouldn’t offer owt until you or someone else has a butchers at it, also why is he saying it’s a big drop-down bed when it’s front cupboards? Lots need checking on it, shower tray cracks, water ingress in the rear garage doors, knackered front cab side window glass double glazing, cbe control panel faults etc

It’s a 3 litre first generation Iveco excellent twin rear wheel timing chain set up but very low miles.

Nice Motorhome but like any van it all depends on how it’s been looked after, it doesn’t help with the seller telling initial lies though. Makes you immediately suspicious.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam I've sold stuff I haven't a clue about and let's face it he's never going to know as much as you do about motorhomes, you've probably bought & sold more stuff in a year than he has since he started! Lol
Aye but I bought this van from a guy who.knew nothing about it and bought myself a whole heap of trouble lol. But it was a 3rd of the price .

Also he is a trader, there are some things he should know lol.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I wouldn’t offer owt until you or someone else has a butchers at it, also why is he saying it’s a big drop-down bed when it’s front cupboards? Lots need checking on it, shower tray cracks, water ingress in the rear garage doors, knackered front cab side window glass double glazing, cbe control panel faults etc

It’s a 3 litre first generation Iveco excellent twin rear wheel timing chain set up but very low miles.

Nice Motorhome but like any van it all depends on how it’s been looked after, it doesn’t help with the seller telling initial lies though. Makes you immediately suspicious.
Yes that's the issues I have.

He doesn't know the length , thinks its an alko chassis when I'm sure it isn't

The description is mixed up.

Not sure if it's the 2.8 litre in that or the 3.0l.

Lots of questions

But then you're faced with the option of losing it if some bugger who doesn't ask/know buys it beforehand.

He's right that that model doesn't come up very often .

But I don't know anyone who lives around that area that could look it over.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Tam…. Prices are coming down, it’ll either still be there when your over in the uk if not they’ll be others to look at…😎
Wise words from uncle Garry there Tam or as they say up your way.... Haud yer wheesht big yin till ye get hame

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes that's the issues I have.

He doesn't know the length , thinks its an alko chassis when I'm sure it isn't

The description is mixed up.

Not sure if it's the 2.8 litre in that or the 3.0l.

Lots of questions

But then you're faced with the option of losing it if some bugger who doesn't ask/know buys it beforehand.

He's right that that model doesn't come up very often .

But I don't know anyone who lives around that area that could look it over.
The 3 litre Iveco came out in late 2004, motorhomes started with it in 2005, our van registered in Germany March 2005 3 litre twin rear wheel Iveco.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Tam,
The 8 years stood around would be my first point, no mot or habchecks? Possible no servicing.
Then moved on in 2021, now again in 2024.
The panel in centre of roof looks suss as you pointed out, the blind over the extractor is a window one. As a dealer even a caravan one he should know most things about the van especially if it was his own, or did he not do any research into it.
Corrosion and the mechanical you can usually sort but you don’t have the working space now so it would be hard if there’s much work to be done.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam,
The 8 years stood around would be my first point, no mot or habchecks? Possible no servicing.
Then moved on in 2021, now again in 2024.
The panel in centre of roof looks suss as you pointed out, the blind over the extractor is a window one. As a dealer even a caravan one he should know most things about the van especially if it was his own, or did he not do any research into it.
Corrosion and the mechanical you can usually sort but you don’t have the working space now so it would be hard if there’s much work to be done.
Yes his messages to me are full of salesman bollocks too lol.

I'll paste them

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Yes his messages to me are full of salesman bollocks too lol.

I'll paste them
I didn’t think AL-KO did twin rear wheels?
Only tags if two wheels, comes up as 2800 on mot checks too, mind they a good engine just the 5th speed issues

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Not posting my questions to him etc as they should be obvious by his replies . But the description says different stuff from what he does.

Nothing is a deal breaker on a 20 year old van , but it's too.much of a gamble without viewing it
Screenshot_20240721_215216_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20240721_215234_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20240721_215305_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20240721_215319_eBay.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Spoken in my poshest English accent.. (bit like Basil Fawlty ) Take it easy and stay calm Thomas old boy at least until one gets home from ones travels.....
Yeah I think the best bet is to see if it's still for sale when I get back. I'm collecting my scooter on the Sunday straight after the ferry .. then I might nip over and view it IF its still for sale. Uncle Lenny HB is at a rally till the Wednesday anyway so I've a couple of days free before I can start mot work on this van

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I didn’t think AL-KO did twin rear wheels?
Only tags if two wheels, comes up as 2800 on mot checks too, mind they a good engine just the 5th speed issues
Yes I'm pretty sure it's an iveco ladder frame chassis same as my current van . Hence my concern about the corrosion on mot advisories, and I don't think it's the newer 3 litre engine but the 2.8 .

His listing seems to have 2 vans mixed up

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes I'm pretty sure it's an iveco ladder frame chassis same as my current van . Hence my concern about the corrosion on mot advisories, and I don't think it's the newer 3 litre engine but the 2.8 .

His listing seems to have 2 vans mixed up
If it’s 2.8 it is timing belt so there’s the first question when was it last changed. They did 2 bhp on the 2.8 128 and 145 for the big vans like this one.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
All that seems like bull shit Tam, disabled child, static on the coast, friend of a friend, stored indoors, been offered 26k today trade, you can tell them an absolute mile off.
Yep I didn't believe a word of it. As CaptainPaul said I've probably sold more vehicles in my life than he has . I know all the patter lol.

Again none of it means its a bad van it's just that it causes doubt and suspicion for me.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Tam don't talk yourself into a load more trouble, lies after lies, how could you possibly trust anything he says.
Know it is just what you want but wait if you are meant to have it, it will still be there, Ask him to put a new MOT on it and see his reaction.
If you saw something for sale on FB or gum tree with all those reasons it would ring a lot of alarm bells.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam don't talk yourself into a load more trouble, lies after lies, how could you possibly trust anything he says.
Know it is just what you want but wait if you are meant to have it, it will still be there, Ask him to put a new MOT on it and see his reaction.
If you saw something for sale on FB or gum tree with all those reasons it would ring a lot of alarm bells.
Yes I'm not buying it without it being checked over. Its too much money to risk . It will either still be for sale or someone else will either get a good van or a lot of problems.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Yep I didn't believe a word of it. Asf CaptainPaul said I've probably sold more vehicles in my life than he has . I know all the patter lol.

Again none of it means its a bad van it's just that it causes doubt and suspicion for me.
After reading those pastes I actually find it all very genuine and sincere lol, I must be a sucker and an aul edjit but he sounds sincere to me, just unsure of a couple of things but still genuine to me! 🤣

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
On a positive note though I did score a bonus today

So these 3 photos ...the top is the scooter I'd agreed to buy at £900 , 2006 honda innova.

But I spotted the bottom one this morning , a 2008 suzuki address .

Basically they're the Same bike just different names.

But I got the suzuki for £750 , its in better condition and looks better too in my opinion.
The £150 saving covers a years full comp insurance £124 and a years road tax £25

Result. I pick It up on Sunday lunchtime.
PCIMG_2024-07-21_15-26-02.JPG
PCIMG_2024-07-21_15-26-56.JPG
PCIMG_2024-07-21_15-27-28.JPG

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
After reading those pastes I actually find it all very genuine and sincere lol, I must be a sucker and an aul edjit but he sounds sincere to me, just unsure of a couple of things but still genuine to me! 🤣
Hrs full of shit Paul. He's bought that to flip it and doesn't want to offer a warranty on it for some reason so is claiming its his own personal van.. he's never used it going by the mileage and his lack of knowledge about it. Not even one trip to try it out is very suspicious

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back