MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (31 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Any help?
I had a look at their online form , for an off the shelf screen to fit a newer mobilvetta k yacht its nearly £450 which is too pricey for me.

I might give silverscreens themselves a phone when I'm back In UK and say if on the off chance they have an old pattern . I know these vans are quite rare but possibly someone had one made in the past .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I’m sure there’s a company that makes them to fit…🤔 post a thread of “hand made silver screens” I’m sure someone will come up with something…
Problem I think is the cost garry , I might see if someone with a hymer will let me try theirs to see how different it is.. then I can maybe pick up a second hand one and have it altered .

In Morocco

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I was thinking that way .. but I.think it would work out cheaper to buy a second hand one that was bigger and then adapt it rather than starting from scratch. I'm fairly sure that a hymer a class of 1998 to 2006 vintage is a little larger but similar shape to this . So if I picked up one of those I could get it adapted .

Jun 25, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Problem I think is the cost garry , I might see if someone with a hymer will let me try theirs to see how different it is.. then I can maybe pick up a second hand one and have it altered .

In Morocco
Good luck with that Northernraider. I've advertised on here for secondhand ones and always looking on Ebay for some to fit our 2002 Hymer.No luck so far.I will give it till next season .If no luck I'll have to bite the bullet and order some new ones🤷

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
Good luck with that Northernraider. I've advertised on here for secondhand ones and always looking on Ebay for some to fit our 2002 Hymer.No luck so far.I will give it till next season .If no luck I'll have to bite the bullet and order some new ones🤷
There's one on ebay now

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Yes Tam there was a boy at the campsite near Agidir out the gates had a wee stall and was making everything from awnings to seat covers and he had a few of them screen covers made up for someone plus there's my man in Zagora can get you anything from a safety pin to a ships anchor! "Oh yes Mr Paul it is no problem Mr Paul" 😂😂

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
As it happens as cannae keep a secret Vic Barclaybasher says there is one external silver screen that would fit your van on ebay just now. From what I can see it has a little damage which is why the guys had to reduce the price already. It has 2 days to run on ebay.

If its of use to you ..it might be worth a bid.

I'd have to adapt it to fit my van and to be honest I quite fancy having one made to match the van once painted ... so I'm willing to be a gentleman and refrain from bidding If you do

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Thon tafroute boys are fairly knocking them out... that siad fella must be the richest man in town these days

Screenshot_20240628_170124_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240628_170135_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240628_170205_Instagram.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Aye he's lashing at them there, I don't think he'd be too long doing Moby, so said a couple of weeks, I reckon he'd have you in and out in under a week, I'll try to find where I was that the wee stall boy was making them to measure near Agidir
From the few guys I follow on Instagram who had work done it seems 2-3 weeks is the norm as they skip back and forth between vans . Obviously the bigger the job the longer it takes as they do all the wee jobs in between. If the price is right and the jobs done right though I can live with that. I'd rather they put the time in and sanded it properly etc and cleaned up all the underside before putting any paint on it. It's not in bad shape this old van the body is straight and Obviously it's aluminium and fibreglass so no rust to deal with.. few wee hairline cracks in the fibreglass here and there I want fixed before painted but if prepped properly it has the potential to look really good when done. . I've seen vans in a lot worse condition turn out well from them so here's hoping .

Jun 25, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
As it happens as cannae keep a secret Vic Barclaybasher says there is one external silver screen that would fit your van on ebay just now. From what I can see it has a little damage which is why the guys had to reduce the price already. It has 2 days to run on ebay.

I'd have to adapt it to fit my van and to be honest I quite fancy having one made to match the van once painted ... so I'm willing to be a gentleman and refrain from bidding If you do
Nice one ,will have a look 👌

Jun 25, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp

I have just found a full set that has 4 days to go on ebay( weird eh,like Buses wait ages for one, then 2 come at once 🤣) so won't be bidding on the single one ,👍,thanks again for the heads up👍

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Tam that's that campsite there the boy that makes stuff is outside, there's loads of boys around there that make stuff

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I have just found a full set that has 4 days to go on ebay( weird eh,like Buses wait ages for one, then 2 come at once 🤣) so won't be bidding on the single one ,👍,thanks again for the heads up👍
If its this one it's for inside and they still get condensation unfortunately. Only the external ones keep it out completely

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam that's that campsite there the boy that makes stuff is outside, there's loads of boys around there that make stuff
Cushty .. I can't see where that is as the link only shows me the actual site.. if I press back to.see map it closes

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
If its this one it's for inside and they still get condensation unfortunately. Only the external ones keep it out completely

Or a duvet - you can get waterproof ones don't you know.........(y):giggle:

...(incontinence)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back