MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (5 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
I hope you use plenty of sun screen, just been talking to a fellow today, riddled with skin cancer, lesions all over his arm, head and face. The lesions were weeping through the dressings in some areas.

Constantly having surgery he said to remove lesions, they think they’ve got them and then reappear in another area or deeper in the same area. It just won’t go away he said.

A lifetime of being abroad in the navy he said without out any protection. I really felt for the poor bugger.
Its maybe coincidental but my brother was in the navy a lot of years and also has had to have surgery to remove a melanoma, he’s ok now though it looks like.

Give me warm weather but a great big parasol or tree to sit under with a nice cool drink.
Same here, I like the heat but burn like a lobster so in the shade too 👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I hope you use plenty of sun screen, just been talking to a fellow today, riddled with skin cancer, lesions all over his arm, head and face. The lesions were weeping through the dressings in some areas.

Constantly having surgery he said to remove lesions, they think they’ve got them and then reappear in another area or deeper in the same area. It just won’t go away he said.

A lifetime of being abroad in the navy he said without out any protection. I really felt for the poor bugger.
Its maybe coincidental but my brother was in the navy a lot of years and also has had to have surgery to remove a melanoma, he’s ok now though it looks like.

Give me warm weather but a great big parasol or tree to sit under with a nice cool drink.
Jings dinnae give me that to worry about , I never use any sunscreen etc. I do have a fairly good base tan these days though . And I don't get burned etc

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Think I'll just do the same lol but I think it all seems to be working OK, it's hard to tell under grey skies, sun was splitting the trees too the last couple of days but I was away from the van
Thought I'd look at my victron app just to see .. this is my yield the last week I think the lower days were the ones I was under trees
Screenshot_20240625_175620.jpg
Screenshot_20240625_175640.jpg
Screenshot_20240625_175651.jpg

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Anyway it's back in the shed now until the weekend then that's me back on the road for a wee while, Taylor Swift Sunday night in Dublin (don't ask!) SWMBO :rofl:
Stevie Nicks on the Wednesday night 3rd July then Thursday evening overnight ferry to Cherbourg and who knows where from there, apart AC/DC in Stuttgart 17th July I haven't a clue where I'll be lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Anyway it's back in the shed now until the weekend then that's me back on the road for a wee while, Taylor Swift Sunday night in Dublin (don't ask!) SWMBO :rofl:
Stevie Nicks on the Wednesday night 3rd July then Thursday evening overnight ferry to Cherbourg and who knows where from there, apart AC/DC in Stuttgart 17th July I haven't a clue where I'll be lol
I shan't judge ....Taylor swift got me through a rather nasty breakup back in 2016 lol

Her album spoke to me 🤣🤣🤣

I shall be in Germany myself mid July... probably do the romantic road from Austria then along the mosselle a bit

Visit the funny vet in bernkastel kues before hightailing it to dieppe for me ferry home

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If you're going to be in stuttgart mid July you're not far from de romantishe strasse.. .. I did it a few years ago and was definitely my favourite part of Germany... starts in fussen near Austria and goes up to wurzburg .. weisskirche is definitely a must see

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
A hammock has been on my list of things to buy for about the last 3 years and I still haven't got one. Needs to be very compact though. I've had a few spots the last month that would have been perfect for one.

I have this one:
IMG_0579.jpeg

Packs away small:
IMG_4540.jpeg

From these guys:
Ticket to the Moon

Ian

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Jings dinnae give me that to worry about , I never use any sunscreen etc. I do have a fairly good base tan these days though . And I don't get burned etc
There's no guarantee unfortunately that you won't be affected so please use some sun protection. We lost Judgemental off this forum from complications due to skin cancer. 😐

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
30.5°C here in the shade today, it's lovely.

I seem to remember last year you kept moaning about it being too hot here.
We had low 30s where we've been (upper part of France) for a few days, today we had 33 inside the camper! 😳. Just got back into Dover this evening and it feels freezing!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
There's no guarantee unfortunately that you won't be affected so please use some sun protection. We lost Judgemental off this forum from complications due to skin cancer. 😐
I remember him well it was a melanoma on his leg that got him, I was chatting to him on the phone when he was in hospital the day before he died.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I remember him well it was a melanoma on his leg that got him, I was chatting to him on the phone when he was in hospital the day before he died.
I spoke to him on the phone too a few times but earlier on, he was fretting about how to tell the kids what was going on and the fear of what the future might bring. Unfortunately I got laryngitis and couldn't utter a word so didn't speak to him just before he left us.😒

A lovely bloke who called me a minx which I used for my original forum name so it is special and a fond memory of him.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Another day in Greece land and another obnoxious local complaining for the sake of complaining. This time not because the dogs are barking or jumping on him etc .....but ..

Because ela is standing in the water looking for fish without a lead attached. He's not even on the beach he came down from his house overlooking the beach to tell me I couldn't camp here , then when I told him I wasn't camping here I was only here for a few hours to be on the beach ...then he started about the dogs. Blu was already on the long lead, lying in the sand chewing a stick ...jade and milo also just lying in the sand . Surprisingly none of them approached or barked at the intruder . Ela was her usual staring in to the abyss but he complained anyway. I offered to show him the screenshot of the rules stating it was only a problem if other people in the water but he arrogantly stated he wasn't interested . 🤷‍♂️ so I just told him I wasn't interested in anything he had to say either. 4 more days to go till I escape this land of whingers.

Incidentally he never said anything to the Greek woman with the retriever that was talking to me 10 minutes before who's dog was off the lead the entire time and she had walked all the way along the beach past lots of swimmers etc.

Definitely vibes of anti tourist this year.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I bet you find it hard to keep your temper sometimes, I certainly would, cheeky bleeders. It’s hard to ascertain whether it’s anti yours it’s or anti dogs ( if the owner is not local that is)
Very hard .. especially as most are arrogant sods. It seems you just can't win . Even having the problem child on the long lead they find something to complain about. I did notice on park4night there were a few comments for here saying some local had complained about a camper being parked and threatened to call the police etc ...so maybe its the same guy .

I'll take a few photos though to show you guys it's not like I'm causing a problem and I have no intention to stay here overnight.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Police have just left .

I'm waiting on my wee video uploading to YouTube, I'd just finished recording that when the police turned up .

As far as they're concerned as long as I'm not staying overnight here they weren't bothered. They weren't interested in the dogs ...despite milo barking at them constantly

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
20240626_131221_copy_1209x1612.jpg
20240626_131226_copy_1209x1612.jpg

And now 2 lads have turned up and are on the beach right in front of the van so that's that... Will have to go find somewhere else now.
20240626_130656_copy_1612x1209.jpg

There was a huge big green cricket just landed on my shoe ...it was about 3/4 inches long... I went to take a photo and before I got a chance ela came and ate it 🤢🤮🤮🤮

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
40+
What ever happened to Live and let Live, why can’t people simply mind their own business, you are almost invisible in your current position and yet some busybody seeks you out.

I don’t know how you keep your temper under control although l do understand the necessity to so when in a foreign country but this shouldn’t mean that locals can abuse you verbally.

Sadly, we are going to see more of this without facilities for Motorhomes are not taken seriously and provided for plus educating people that more campsites per se are not the answer.

Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Remember being in Spain a few years ago, stopped for a meal,parked parallel to the beach in a gap between 2 other M/H's s .A guy came racing over from a block of flats opposite to tell me I couldn't park there.
He was English and the other vans were on foreign plates , but he didn't go near them

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What ever happened to Live and let Live, why can’t people simply mind their own business, you are almost invisible in your current position and yet some busybody seeks you out.

I don’t know how you keep your temper under control although l do understand the necessity to so when in a foreign country but this shouldn’t mean that locals can abuse you verbally.

Sadly, we are going to see more of this without facilities for Motorhomes are not taken seriously and provided for plus educating people that more campsites per se are not the answer.
Believe me it's very difficult.. but the last thing I need is to get in to a fight with one of these idiots and then have my dogs left at their mercy.. the police were actually alright , they did try to make excuses for the guy saying its warm people get agitated etc .. I said yes I get agitated too as all I want to do is find a quiet place to let my dogs play and keep cool. .. .. I said that I'm sure they had more important things to do than answer calls from people complaining about nothing...the girl officer just shrugged and said that's our job. They asked how long I was staying and I said not sure yet maybe a few hours and then they left .. Mr obnoxious was back down at his gate having a look just after they left ... I gave him a wave .

I bet he's in there seething lol

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Remember being in Spain a few years ago, stopped for a meal,parked parallel to the beach in a gap between 2 other M/H's s .A guy came racing over from a block of flats opposite to tell me I couldn't park there.
He was English and the other vans were on foreign plates , but he didn't go near them
They do seem to pick and choose who they moan at .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back