MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
His MH first or yours?:LOL:
I'm always happy to assist other members with their vans too . I offered uncle Lenny HB assistance to do his electrical modifications as a labourer to feed wires etc is always handy but he said " I have a wife for that " 😁🤣

But when visiting Just smiffy I'll be helping him out with anything he needs a hand with too.

Teamwork makes the dream work as they say.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Is that grease splatter above the diff from a previous UJ problem Tam ?

It could however also have been grease ...looking at the photo . I never really checked as its hard to access when vans on the ground . I'll give it all a good going over when I'm back .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Couple of days old but looks like the peloponnese is getting a fair few fires now too

Not the best time to be around Greece, it really is uncomfortably hot 36° again today and I stupidly moved this morning and now struggling to find somewhere quiet again .

And with some shelter.

I feel the last couple of weeks haven't really been a holiday but more surviving Greece till I leave lol.

I'm hoping Italy is a little easier ...I'll be heading north fairly quickly but I expect in July its also going to be busy .

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
It could however also have been grease ...looking at the photo . I never really checked as its hard to access when vans on the ground . I'll give it all a good going over when I'm back .
Yeah, the dab of white paint on the UJ flange made me think that the prop shaft's been off at some time to replace it's bearings, maybe the grease splatter is a leftover from that ?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Couple of days old but looks like the peloponnese is getting a fair few fires now too

Not the best time to be around Greece, it really is uncomfortably hot 36° again today and I stupidly moved this morning and now struggling to find somewhere quiet again .

And with some shelter.

I feel the last couple of weeks haven't really been a holiday but more surviving Greece till I leave lol.

I'm hoping Italy is a little easier ...I'll be heading north fairly quickly but I expect in July its also going to be busy .
We went to Italy, last July, near enough unbearable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

And with some shelter.

Spoke to my sons yesterday near Inverurie and it was 27c there…☀️😆😎

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yeah, the dab of white paint on the UJ flange made me think that the prop shaft's been off at some time to replace it's bearings, maybe the grease splatter is a leftover from that ?
Jees you've got Eagle eyes lol. I never noticed that.

I've only spotted the white dot you saw now but that's the gearbox end .. the box has been out at somepoint as the clutch and fork have been replaced at some point. There's a small oil seep at that end too but nothing too serious

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We went to Italy, last July, near enough unbearable.
Yeah I'm planning to head north fairly quick as I wasn't keen on the east coast last time. Brief stop near Venice to check out that vet CaptainPaul recommended then I'm heading ti the dolomite area ...then in to Austria to catch up with Teresa and Martin I travelled Morocco with last year. Then Germany for a week or 2 . Going pretty much from Germany to ferry . Not spending any time in France

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Spoke to my sons yesterday near Inverurie and it was 27c there…☀️😆😎
Yeah I heard yesterday that it was 24° near home .

That I can live with , 36° in a camper is feckin hot. But its cooler in here than outside that's for sure. Will get on this beach for a bit in an hour or so. Too hot out there for the dogs just now.

Bit disappointed as I'd hoped to stay on this spot for a few nights as the reviews on park4night looked OK but it's quite busy with locals so I'm not sure . I may have to move on again tomorrow

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Same here in 🇫🇷 hiding under trees and not a lot of solar. :doh: 😎 Bob.

Screenshot_20240625_152121_AccuWeather.jpg 20240625_151711.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
That's the height of Scottish summer.

And I'm ordering cooler weather for your area when I'm there .. I'm sick of this heat lol and I've work to do 🤣🤣
30.5°C here in the shade today, it's lovely.

I seem to remember last year you kept moaning about it being too hot here.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Aye cause I was on the bloody roof fitting solar panels... was August then tae, feck ...I Hope the van don't need much for mot lol .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We will cope as we are moving tomorrow, 😉 apparently the trees are to wide apart for the hammock. 😁 Bob.
A hammock has been on my list of things to buy for about the last 3 years and I still haven't got one. Needs to be very compact though. I've had a few spots the last month that would have been perfect for one.

Nae trees today though and I'm suffering for it.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I'm always happy to assist other members with their vans too . I offered uncle Lenny HB assistance to do his electrical modifications as a labourer to feed wires etc is always handy but he said " I have a wife for that " 😁🤣

But when visiting Just smiffy I'll be helping him out with anything he needs a hand with too.

Teamwork makes the dream work as they say.
I too have offered to wire up uncle Lenny HB s new van🤷‍♂️👍😁😁

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
A hammock has been on my list of things to buy for about the last 3 years and I still haven't got one. Needs to be very compact though. I've had a few spots the last month that would have been perfect for one.

Nae trees today though and I'm suffering for it.
The one Janie has came from Decathlon.es. it's one person 110kg they do a two person 220kg. 😁 Bob.
20220519_140210.jpg

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Can you not do what I did under trees .. I just moved the van forward or back a bit under the sun for an hour and it was then fully charged
Speaking of all this solar stuff heres a couple of pics for you to check out Tam
It's grey cloudy here today but I put the van outside that shed and went out after a couple of minutes and looked at these app & dials and this is what it says ( and to be honest I haven't a fecking clue what any of it means!) :rofl:
20240625_151035.jpg
Screenshot_20240625-150950.jpg
Screenshot_20240625-152926.jpg
Screenshot_20240625-150929.jpg
20240625_150811.jpg
20240625_150822.jpg

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
As long as I know it's all working OK thats all I need, it's been in that shed since I came home from England last week but hopefully it'll be blasting once I get into sunlight properly, that's just after about 4 or 5 mins under grey sky

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Speaking of all this solar stuff heres a couple of pics for you to check out Tam
It's grey cloudy here today but I put the van outside that shed and went out after a couple of minutes and looked at these app & dials and this is what it says ( and to be honest I haven't a fecking clue what any of it means!) :rofl: View attachment 914924View attachment 914925View attachment 914926View attachment 914927View attachment 914928View attachment 914929
Neither have I to be honest other than your batteries are 98% charged and will be full in 30 minutes. That's why I had uncle lenny help with mine as I'm clueless with electrics . So now I just leave mine to it and it sorts itself out .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I've only the one screen to look at with mine. No guage in the van so it's all on the phone. Was fully charged at 9am this morning but I've had phone chargers etc plugged in the last hour... so I'm down half an Ah , it must have a point it goes down to before charger kicks in again ..
Screenshot_20240625_174628_Fogstar Drift.jpg

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Neither have I to be honest other than your batteries are 98% charged and will be full in 30 minutes. That's why I had uncle lenny help with mine as I'm clueless with electrics . So now I just leave mine to it and it sorts itself out .
Think I'll just do the same lol but I think it all seems to be working OK, it's hard to tell under grey skies, sun was splitting the trees too the last couple of days but I was away from the van

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

I hope you use plenty of sun screen, just been talking to a fellow today, riddled with skin cancer, lesions all over his arm, head and face. The lesions were weeping through the dressings in some areas.

Constantly having surgery he said to remove lesions, they think they’ve got them and then reappear in another area or deeper in the same area. It just won’t go away he said.

A lifetime of being abroad in the navy he said without out any protection. I really felt for the poor bugger.
Its maybe coincidental but my brother was in the navy a lot of years and also has had to have surgery to remove a melanoma, he’s ok now though it looks like.

Give me warm weather but a great big parasol or tree to sit under with a nice cool drink.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Think I'll just do the same lol but I think it all seems to be working OK, it's hard to tell under grey skies, sun was splitting the trees too the last couple of days but I was away from the van
Yeah with the little power I use even in really cloudy or rainy weather I can manage 5 or 6 days with no sun. But then 2 hours of driving would have it back full

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back