MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (8 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Is that the guy that played mister bridger in the Italian job?
The very same !

Sir Noël Peirce Coward was an English playwright, composer, director, actor, and singer, known for his wit, flamboyance, and what Time magazine called "a sense of personal style, a combination of cheek and chic, pose and poise"
:)

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
In other news Tam, that's me rigged up with my solar on the wee van, just got in and no more lol
20240622_112923.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The very same !

Sir Noël Peirce Coward was an English playwright, composer, director, actor, and singer, known for his wit, flamboyance, and what Time magazine called "a sense of personal style, a combination of cheek and chic, pose and poise"
:)
Thought it was , he has a very distinctive voice. One of those you just immediately recognise

Like Anthony Hopkins
And Morgan freeman

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
What's that 350? 400w?
350, 2 x 175 it was tight with that awning on the far side, but they're on and working great, the wee blue box sends all the info to the mobile phone, and the battery sends its state to the phone too, all very fancy & technical for me! 😂😂

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
If you don't mind me asking what's the list of options you went for? And the resulting empty weight?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
350, 2 x 175 it was tight with that awning on the far side, but they're on and working great, the wee blue box sends all the info to the mobile phone, and the battery sends its state to the phone too, all very fancy & technical for me! 😂😂
Aye I have that too ...never really look at the victron app though.. the battery one tells me everything.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
If you don't mind me asking what's the list of options you went for? And the resulting empty weight?
No problem at all 🙂 i can't remember what all the various packs are called but starting from the front, it has the fiat info system which seems to do just about everything, the digital dashboard, lane assist etc which is great, the uprated alternator a 150amp Super B Lithium battery with victron b2b, gas oven & hob, easy lift hydraulic rear beds, rear air suspension, full size awning, 26" smart TV with WiFi module, fiat mudflaps, double bike rack and some carthago sheets, cushions and bedding pack, they're might be more but I can't remember lol, I'm taking it up to a mates weighbridge during the week but from previous similar vans fully loaded water, fuel, dogs and 2 people and similar spec I weighed in around 3300kg
Oh forgot uprated compressor fridge, refill gas system and tow bar & electrics

Last edited:

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Sorry, Tam, for hijacking. And thanks, Paul, for info. I'm interested in your actual weighbridge weight(s). I reckoned you would end up over 3500kg once trip-ready.
I'm not sure because last time I had 2 ebikes on the rack this time there's none, but I'll report back later this week with my weighbridge print-out but if you're right and its over, because I've got the air suspension on the rear it's only a phone call to up plate it to 3850kg but I'm quite confident from my previous van and the similar spec I'll get in below the 3.5t

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
I'm just looking through my list of stuff there and there's a lot of it wouldn't make any difference to the original weights, things like the TV, the fancy dashboard stuff, lane assist etc and actually the fridge and battery are a good bit lighter than my previous van, so all in all I'd say I'm probably more than 3300kg but still below 3500kg if it's only a few kilos over I'll dump something out and re weigh it
According to the booklet the van left the factory with payload of 665kg now I know they lie but I'll know better this week and come back to you 🙂

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm just looking through my list of stuff there and there's a lot of it wouldn't make any difference to the original weights, things like the TV, the fancy dashboard stuff, lane assist etc and actually the fridge and battery are a good bit lighter than my previous van, so all in all I'd say I'm probably more than 3300kg but still below 3500kg if it's only a few kilos over I'll dump something out and re weigh it
According to the booklet the van left the factory with payload of 665kg now I know they lie but I'll know better this week and come back to you 🙂
Why do you want it at 3500kg ...I'd uplate it . Cheaper tax and more payload for all that shite Rosie buys in Morocco

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Why do you want it at 3500kg ...I'd uplate it . Cheaper tax and more payload for all that shite Rosie buys in Morocco
I'm saying I'll uplate it if it's over 3500kg but if it's not I'll just leave it as it is, I'll see when I get it up there, I think it'll be fine 🙂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
I was looking for my old weighbridge dockets from the last van but can't find them but I've a feeling the last van was 2820kg unladen and when I went back up with 3/4 tanks of water & fuel, the dogs, me and Rosie and a lot of bedding and clothes etc it was just shy of 3200kg then on my final ready to go weigh in it was 3306kg or something because I remember saying to her that we had around 150kg to play with for her shite that she buys everywhere! Lol

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Anyone around Birmingham that could collect and store a scooter for me till start of August?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Lambretta or lecky ? might get more offers
It's a suzuki address , Same as the honda innova .

Could possibly get the seller to ride it to someone around Birmingham area . Just need it parked somewhere really till I'm back as I'm not sure he'd wait 5 weeks for the full payment.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Sorry, Tam, for hijacking. And thanks, Paul, for info. I'm interested in your actual weighbridge weight(s). I reckoned you would end up over 3500kg once trip-ready.
Glad to say we're OK, took the van up to the public weighbridge this morning, office not open being a Sunday but you can still use the weighbridge just no printout but I'll still go to my mates later this week as those public ones can be ropey at times lol but my weights were front axle 1650kg and rear axle 1720kg total 3370kg so slightly more than my last van about 50/60kg more but still happy enough that was with full 80L of fuel & 3/4 water tank, both gas bottles full (1 x11kg 1 x 6kg) 2 big black bin bags full of clothes (won't use half of that) and the 3 dogs, the Mrs and a few tesco bags of tinned food plus 2 x 12.5kg bags of dog food so that's about everything we would take maybe an extra couple of kilos for milk & fridge stuff etc but definitely not much else, but glad you mentioned it now G-RMPS 😀 as I probably would of headed off next weekend without weighing in....
To be honest if I put the spare tyre (steel wheel 16") and the wee Honda 2i gennie and ebikes etc all on board I probably would be over or very near it but I don't have any of that stuff going with me so it's all good so far
I might uplate it to 3850kg when I come home in September but can't be arsed taking photos etc as I'm away again very soon and it might not all be through

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Glad to say we're OK, took the van up to the public weighbridge this morning, office not open being a Sunday but you can still use the weighbridge just no printout but I'll still go to my mates later this week as those public ones can be ropey at times lol but my weights were front axle 1650kg and rear axle 1720kg total 3370kg so slightly more than my last van about 50/60kg more but still happy enough that was with full 80L of fuel & 3/4 water tank, both gas bottles full (1 x11kg 1 x 6kg) 2 big black bin bags full of clothes (won't use half of that) and the 3 dogs, the Mrs and a few tesco bags of tinned food plus 2 x 12.5kg bags of dog food so that's about everything we would take maybe an extra couple of kilos for milk & fridge stuff etc but definitely not much else, but glad you mentioned it now G-RMPS 😀 as I probably would of headed off next weekend without weighing in....
To be honest if I put the spare tyre (steel wheel 16") and the wee Honda 2i gennie and ebikes etc all on board I probably would be over or very near it but I don't have any of that stuff going with me so it's all good so far
I might uplate it to 3850kg when I come in September but can't be arsed taking photos etc as I'm away again very soon
I don't want to know the weight of mine lol because if its over I need another van 🤣. And it's only going to get heavier

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
There was a lorry driver up there telling me he goes to England all the time and they allow you 5% leeway so that gives me an extra 175kg above my 3.5t I would never be over all that from my current 3370kg! Even with all the crap she buys! :rofl:
If I happen to pass one here in Greece I might check just to see.

I'm fairly sure I'm under or at least I should be as a previous owner had this downplated to 3500 at one point and obviously used it. It's not 4200kg and I'm pretty sure I'm not carrying 700kg of stuff in it. But I do have a fair bit of tools which are quite heavy . Although they're mostly above front axle. But I'm hoping to add a 100kg scooter so might be handy to check.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The way Blu is growing your going to be over weight. 😂
She's not got any bigger for a good few weeks now so hopefully she's near full size , she's still a bit thin but maybe she takes after her father rather than the mother.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back