MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (7 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Few pics last few days , locals here like the ones on nc500 etc ... obviously don't like tourists in summer. Mostly miserable complainers. I've decided the best approach is to completely ignore them and avoid any communication whatsoever. ... its working so far. This auld arse with the scooter decides to park right next to me each morning despite him clearly not liking dogs. Blu is on a long lead so fully within greek law .. but still he comes to this point where she is. Quite a few campers here . A few with dogs also . Staying again tonight, will probably move up the coast again tomorrow. There's a check republic guy here who's wheel I changed for him yesterday has told me a few places he stayed just up the coast that have very long beaches with not many people about so I'll try one of those tomorrow. There was a beach shower here but the hose was burst and water just leaked on to the ground so I repaired it yesterday with a length of hose and some cable ties much to the joy of the other campers....I didn't however have a tap. Of course an old Greek had to turn up last night around 7pm and started complaining loudly because the water was running all the time. I attempted as did a German woman to explaim to him that the water was running all the time before only it was at ground level not 6ft level but he still complained and then tied my hose in a knot at which point I wanted to strangle him with it. ...

I think this problem is becoming worldwide. The locals don't like the tourists, only the businesses like the tourists so the locals find any excuse they can to complain
20240620_170825_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240620_170829_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240620_170850_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240620_184449_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240620_184505_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240620_184623_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240620_184708_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240620_184841_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240620_184847_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240620_202911_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240620_204713_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240621_105247_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240621_105251_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240621_130551_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240621_130729_copy_1098x762.jpg
20240621_130731_copy_1342x1068.jpg
20240621_153914_copy_1612x902.jpg
20240621_153923_copy_1429x816.jpg
. So either it's going to get to a point where no one ever travels anywhere or there's going to be fights.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That spot under the trees looks idyllic. Did the bike guy bring his own stool?
Yes it's a nice spot ... its a shame the water is full of weeds though and crabs so it's OK for the dogs but I'm not keen and have only paddled. The cold shower suits me better here.

Yes he brings his own stool he only comes for around 10 minutes but insists on coming right next to me then waves his arms at the dogs causing them to bark , yesterday I put them in the van when he came but as a result the inside of my van got soaked and filthy from muddy paws so today I left them outside but on the long wire . And when he waved his arms about I just let the dogs bark at him . The other campers dogs were also barking. The people here are totally useless with dogs. There's 5 or 6 come round each morning I'm sure they belong to the shepherd but they come mooching for food

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I've also realised that Greeks are immensely lazy people. They like to Park the car or the scooter as close to the water as possible, they will then only go to the bit water right in front of them they won't walk along the beach a bit , so they will all cramm on to the one space. And then they sit in the car drinking coffee , then the cup gets tossed out the window before they leave. I witnessed 3 different woman go pee and shit in the bushes behind me yesterday , tissue and wipes left behind. There's 2 old ladies arrived again today who go swimming with huge sunhats on lol .. the hat is all you see above the water 🤣🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Good to hear your thinking differently about all them annoying Feckers Tam, you know the best policy is just to tell them all to FECK right OFF! (the louder the better I find usually helps) 😂👍
Well I've found it doesn't matter what you say to any of them Paul, they've already decided they are in the right and they want to complain and moan when they could have simply gone to another spot before unpacking all their stuff. If I arrive somewhere and there's too many people, or rubbish etc I just go to the next spot. It's not like Greece has a shortage of beaches etc and all are easily accessible by car or scooter but not so accessible by camper . So if I lived here and didn't like tourists I'd go to places they didn't go.

Buy I think a lot of these older folk enjoy having something to gripe about.

Same with the ones in North Scotland.

I had the occasional old sod in Ireland last year too , its an unfortunate fact of life that if you live somewhere nice then people will visit , and they've every right to , being born somewhere doesn't give you entitled ownership. In days gone by you'd just have been shot lol and here would be new inhabitants 🤣🤣

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Well I've found it doesn't matter what you say to any of them Paul, they've already decided they are in the right and they want to complain and moan when they could have simply gone to another spot before unpacking all their stuff. If I arrive somewhere and there's too many people, or rubbish etc I just go to the next spot. It's not like Greece has a shortage of beaches etc and all are easily accessible by car or scooter but not so accessible by camper . So if I lived here and didn't like tourists I'd go to places they didn't go.

Buy I think a lot of these older folk enjoy having something to gripe about.

Same with the ones in North Scotland.

I had the occasional old sod in Ireland last year too , its an unfortunate fact of life that if you live somewhere nice then people will visit , and they've every right to , being born somewhere doesn't give you entitled ownership. In days gone by you'd just have been shot lol and here would be new inhabitants 🤣🤣
Aye its the same here, there's loads of tourists driving all over Donegal but I don't give a feck where they park or what they do, one of wee sayings...
"Nothing will bring you greater peace, than minding your own business" 😉

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You better watch out Tam, you’re turning into Victor Meldrew:LOL:
Just making a point when they blame the tourists.

The guy from the car has just headed in to the bushes with some tissues.

So that will be more crap and paper dumped

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Good to hear your thinking differently about all them annoying Feckers Tam, you know the best policy is just to tell them all to FECK right OFF! (the louder the better I find usually helps) 😂👍

Aye its the same here, there's loads of tourists driving all over Donegal but I don't give a feck where they park or what they do, one of wee sayings...
"Nothing will bring you greater peace, than minding your own business" 😉

Those two posts seem a bit contradictory

Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Few pics last few days , locals here like the ones on nc500 etc ... obviously don't like tourists in summer. Mostly miserable complainers. I've decided the best approach is to completely ignore them and avoid any communication whatsoever. ... its working so far. This auld arse with the scooter decides to park right next to me each morning despite him clearly not liking dogs. Blu is on a long lead so fully within greek law .. but still he comes to this point where she is. Quite a few campers here . A few with dogs also . Staying again tonight, will probably move up the coast again tomorrow. There's a check republic guy here who's wheel I changed for him yesterday has told me a few places he stayed just up the coast that have very long beaches with not many people about so I'll try one of those tomorrow. There was a beach shower here but the hose was burst and water just leaked on to the ground so I repaired it yesterday with a length of hose and some cable ties much to the joy of the other campers....I didn't however have a tap. Of course an old Greek had to turn up last night around 7pm and started complaining loudly because the water was running all the time. I attempted as did a German woman to explaim to him that the water was running all the time before only it was at ground level not 6ft level but he still complained and then tied my hose in a knot at which point I wanted to strangle him with it. ...

I think this problem is becoming worldwide. The locals don't like the tourists, only the businesses like the tourists so the locals find any excuse they can to complain View attachment 913170View attachment 913171View attachment 913172View attachment 913173View attachment 913174View attachment 913175View attachment 913176View attachment 913177View attachment 913178View attachment 913179View attachment 913180View attachment 913181View attachment 913182View attachment 913183View attachment 913184View attachment 913185View attachment 913186View attachment 913187. So either it's going to get to a point where no one ever travels anywhere or there's going to be fights.
Tam measure the distance to where the plonker parks his stool and make blu andElas leads 2 foot longer!!! 👍😁😎🤣🤪

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Looks to me like they are parking under the trees for shade. 🤷🏼‍♂️
There's trees everywhere it's a woods . They want as close to the water as possible. But it was funny when they were leaving as the woman fell off the back as he was on the edge of the slope . 0🤣🤣

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Of course it’s possible the locals being local go to the same spot on a daily (regular) basis and it’s you who is invading their space.😉😳
Of course it is. But I'm not invading their space they don't own it. It's public and if there's someone else using it tough shit go elsewhere. Or at least don't expect the person there before you to be inconvenienced to pander to your entitled arse 😉 .

It's like people who think parking spaces outside their house are theirs. They're not.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That is fairly obvious to those of us who have been visiting Greece for nearly 5 decades. It is new visitors who are having to learn.
What's obvious? That people think they own something just because they've had free uninterrupted use of it for years?

Sadly they don't.

No different from the Germans saving wildspots with tables chairs etc etc.

Regardless of how often you've used a particular public space if someone else is in that space you go elsewhere . I have to do it .

You wouldn't expect to walk In to a cafe or get on a bus and move someone out a chair you've sat on before . You'd sit elsewhere.

That's life.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You couldn't make this up but ...
Remember the couple in the car from the wee video I posted earlier?

OK so about 20 minutes ago ela gave a bark at the window. , they've all been in the camper asleep since before this couple turned up. So that was the first they were aware there were dogs.. anyway I went in put dogs on the leads and took them a walk around under the trees , baring in mind it's 37° outside at present ....so under the trees nice and sheltered... back to the van and they are at the door wanting in as there's flies and weird hornet things flying about...all jump in and all back asleep.

So here it is .....2 minutes after I put them back in the van...the woman who has been jabbering loudy at the man since I walked past them comes over and says in very bad English....hey I don't think you should have the dogs in there ....its very very hot . I said actually in there its very very cool , all windows and vents are open . It's in the shade and I have covers over the windows... its about 15° in there with the lovely breeze blowing through .

Ah but she knows better lol ....she's still bending her husband/boyfriends ear ...arm waving as Greeks love to do

And now she's on the phone lol ....there's pointing....

Oh wait here she comes again .... hang on

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hopefully thats the last I'll hear from her.

Absolute rocket ....and her husband is just as bad. Apparently they've 2 dogs at home and they never take them in the car when this warm .. I told her it's not a car.

I offered to let her feel how cool it Is in the van but did warn her she'd get jumped on and licked if she went in .

Told her the dogs were outside before she arrived but in truth they're spoiled they prefer to lie on the sofa inside than in the dirt outside. Ela would prefer to be standing in the water but she can't because of local people like her complaining. Blu doesn't mind lying outside so much but they're parked right next to where I had her long lead attached. Milo and jade however don't like the flies or these buzzing hornet type things that are burrowing in to the ground all around us.

The camper is the coolest inside its been in days as there's a fairly strong breeze here hence the guys out kite surfing in the water . I'm outside I'm the sun the digs are very very content inside comfortable and sleeping.

She still thinks I'm wrong lol but my last words were mind your own business ....you'll also notice I bagged my dogs waste unlike your husband 👍

They're still here , she's still talking in his ear and he's giving all the signs of a well nagged husband.. another old guy turned up now on a scooter .

Ah people how I love them

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back