MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Aye its warm lol. This spot I'm at is a blessing though. Van is shaded under the trees so keeps it fairly cool . And that wee river at the beach is great , fresh water and clean so it's great for the dogs.

We will have been here 2 weeks though come Monday so I'm thinking about moving . But temps are set to rise still so I'm trying to plan where to head next that we can get some shade .
It's apparently not normal temps for this time of year and greek authorities are worried about fires as it was a very mild winter. And everything is dry . There's apparently already been lots of fires in the North of Greece.

Don't think I can handle it much warmer. Daytimes are fine but nights are sticky

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Your bad Tam.... lol
Funny that peg I was on in those pics was 1 of the disabled pegs on that lake but it was around 4.00am this morning and I was away for 8.00am so no one around 🙂
Ach garry Kens it's just banter , 😂 he's always arsing about.

Literally

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Aye its warm lol. This spot I'm at is a blessing though. Van is shaded under the trees so keeps it fairly cool . And that wee river at the beach is great , fresh water and clean so it's great for the dogs.

We will have been here 2 weeks though come Monday so I'm thinking about moving . But temps are set to rise still so I'm trying to plan where to head next that we can get some shade .
It's apparently not normal temps for this time of year and greek authorities are worried about fires as it was a very mild winter. And everything is dry . There's apparently already been lots of fires in the North of Greece.

Don't think I can handle it much warmer. Daytimes are fine but nights are sticky
Suppose as long as you stay on the coast you'll always have a wee breeze and less humidity but I'm sure with a bit of research hopefully you'll find somewhere

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Suppose as long as you stay on the coast you'll always have a wee breeze and less humidity but I'm sure with a bit of research hopefully you'll find somewhere
I've roughly 3 weeks yet before our ferry so will probably just head up towards patra, maybe stop a couple of days between here and there and then maybe explore lefkada a bit more.

I had considered going to zante for a fortnight but not sure how much the ferry is .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
I've roughly 3 weeks yet before our ferry so will probably just head up towards patra, maybe stop a couple of days between here and there and then maybe explore lefkada a bit more.

I had considered going to zante for a fortnight but not sure how much the ferry is .
Kefalonia is great too. Quite big, lots to see, short hop on ferry into Poros, which is a quiet sleepy port on kefalonia , one of my favourite Greek islands👍

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.

Lefkada is great

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
If you ever venture over here between May & July I'll put you onto some great Tench fishing lakes & rivers 👍

I used to go over a lot in late eighties early nineties for matches, been to a few places, favourite was a holiday on a boat along the Shannon and pushed it into some reads in the middle of nowhere, on a whip and pulling 1-2lb roach hybrids out all day long… I’ve still got all my gear and I’ve always promised myself to get over there in the van and do a leisurely fishing tour…..

One day…:reel:

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Watch they don't pull you off your feet garry

Your bad Tam.... lol
Funny that peg I was on in those pics was 1 of the disabled pegs on that lake but it was around 4.00am this morning and I was away for 8.00am so no one around 🙂

Never fished from the chair, on my fishing seat box or my arse on the ground….😎

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Just a selection…

This one just about got in the net…😆

IMG_4643.jpeg

IMG_0975.jpeg

IMG_0973.jpeg

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
I used to go over a lot in late eighties early nineties for matches, been to a few places, favourite was a holiday on a boat along the Shannon and pushed it into some reads in the middle of nowhere, on a whip and pulling 1-2lb roach hybrids out all day long… I’ve still got all my gear and I’ve always promised myself to get over there in the van and do a leisurely fishing tour…..

One day…:reel:
Great pics 👌
Unfortunately we don't have carp naturally in Ireland, unless you go to fisheries, although some have got into the natural waterways the numbers are very low and they don't seem to survive outside the fisheries,
I know the Shannon like the back of my hand but the big tench live in the east Clare lakes that's where you need to take your van to 😉👍

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
I hope you ate those
Lol No you don't eat coarse fish big yin, although the Germans & French that come here kill everything they catch even pike! By far the best visiting anglers who treat the countryside and the fish with respect are the British anglers 🙂🇬🇧

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Lol No you don't eat coarse fish big yin, although the Germans & French that come here kill everything they catch even pike! By far the best visiting anglers who treat the countryside and the fish with respect are the British anglers 🙂🇬🇧
P.sthe Germans don't respect anywhere they go lol. Or at least most of them don't. There's signs everywhere here saying no fires, bbq's etc . Guess whit 🤦‍♂️

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

In Poland they eat Carp as a speciality, e.g. for Christmas Dinner. I refuse - dirty fish.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95