MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Just buy it , after all it’s your home & we’re a long time deed
Which one?

Problem is I'd be less inclined to go down wee narrow lanes and dirt tracks with something shiny and newer .. i also have 4 dogs who don't care how much the camper cost lol

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
This is the one guys 😁

I have to say that is lovely inside ...well apart from the white cupboards which I hate. I know it's what everyone goes for these days but I prefer wood . The white looks too much like a dentist surgery or something.

But the sofas and the bed is lovely ..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
I had one of them Autosleepers lent to me for a weekend while my usual garage done work on my van at the time and I'll tell you what Tam they are a very good van, seemed to be very well made I almost bought one! 😮
Somehow I never saw this comment Paul...

I've had a couple of autosleepers before but older and smaller. Based on vw t4 and before that on a transit.

Both well built and designed ...out of the British manufacturers I think it's the only one I'd have.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
If ya gonna park it up on some land you might as well buy a nice caravan…😎

Shop window shopping and get ya normal head back in gear….😆
Lol I know but the airstream motorhomes look so much nicer than the caravans.

Dinnae worry I'm no looking to buy one. Some folk watch YouTube videos I look at all the different motorhomes on ebay 🤣🤣 sometimes I see the odd one I might be tempted by .

I think I'm also just itching to get my floor and bathroom sorted on this van.. if I get that sorted and my mot sorted then it will be looking forward to a fresh paint job.

If I do all that then I'll be sticking with the old boy for a couple of years yet.

By that time thon 84k concorde will be 50k lol

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
By that time thon 84k concorde will be 50k lol

By that time the 84k Concorde might be 95k

Which one?

Anyone you fancy , life is to short

Stop thinking about your nest egg as if it’s the holy grail ,it can be replaced
You are more than capable making money , you’ve already shown us that

Eg if you buy a nice 50k MoHo , you might loose 10k (or not) when you sell it
In the mean time Go buy some cars and flip them you won’t be long in making 10k

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Somehow I never saw this comment Paul...

I've had a couple of autosleepers before but older and smaller. Based on vw t4 and before that on a transit.

Both well built and designed ...out of the British manufacturers I think it's the only one I'd have.
Me too I was surprised how well put together they were.... and that one being on a LHD Merc is a bit of an oddity

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
By that time the 84k Concorde might be 95k

Anyone you fancy , life is to short

Stop thinking about your nest egg as if it’s the holy grail ,it can be replaced
You are more than capable making money , you’ve already shown us that

Eg if you buy a nice 50k MoHo , you might loose 10k (or not) when you sell it
In the mean time Go buy some cars and flip them you won’t be long in making 10k
Aye but with interest rates just now I'm living off the interest my nest egg is creating .. as i said if the rates drop again and I'm getting nowt for it then I'd be aswell buying something else.

I've no base to buy and sell cars or anything else nowadays.

When I had my base at mums I'd not have given a second thought to just changing vans again ,in hindsight I wish I had done it before she died. But I can't just crash folks driveways buy and sell a few cars.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Me too I was surprised how well put together they were.... and that one being on a LHD Merc is a bit of an oddity
Aye and supplied new in Germany.

I'm guessing the current owner has run around with it a few years on German plates as half of his advert is spent making a big deal out the fact its now UK registered.

But it's not really a contender for me IF I was going to spend that money on a van I'd be looking at quite a few

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
If your looking to blow your bank account I can do you a good deal on this Wraith... 😉
Except the inside is like something out of IKEA! 🤣😂🤣
20240521_085535.jpg
20240521_085542.jpg
20240521_085616.jpg
20240521_085253.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Another point anyway although I am only window shopping ( bar the rmb as I WOULD have bought it for the money it sold for) is I would still need to sort the issues I have with this van to get anywhere near my money back on it.

After doing all the electrics and other work to this van not including the general maintenance stuff it now owes me between 14 and 15k , going by what's available out there I'd never get that for it in its present state. The floor would put off a lot of buyers as would the bathroom as it looks damp to the uninformed eye. It's not damp , and it doesn't leak but the damage that was done from the leaking window is still visible as I didn't have time to fix that before we left.

And then there's the paintwork which although it's not the worst there's damage to both bumpers , the silver bit on the bottom is pretty scabby at places, the grp is tired and the aluminium is scratched around window frames etc due to removing all the clear silicone bodjit bill had applied.

To fix the floor and bathroom will cost roughly £500 in materials and doing it myself with help will save labour costs.

And then I will see about having it resprayed in Morocco ..that'll cost me about £1k

So it's more outlay....BUT the van will then be a lot better overall.

If no mechanical disasters happen then I'll just carry on using it for the next couple of years while I decide on my longterm goals.

But if I decide to sell it later I'd be able to do that easier.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Doesn't stop me. 😊
You dinnae go where I go though lol.

And if you saw all the scratches down the sides of this just now from the olive trees you wouldn't take your current van through there never mind your new one.

Also having 4 dogs that are often damp or covered in sand or that eat things they shouldn't then throw up etc isn't the recipe for light interiors and upholstery etc lol.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
You dinnae go where I go though lol.

And if you saw all the scratches down the sides of this just now from the olive trees you wouldn't take your current van through there never mind your new one.

Also having 4 dogs that are often damp or covered in sand or that eat things they shouldn't then throw up etc isn't the recipe for light interiors and upholstery etc lol.
Did you see that older Carthago someone was on mhf about yesterday because they are having difficulty selling it, it's probably bigger than your after but a nice yoke inside if you like all that woodwork etc

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Did you see that older Carthago someone was on mhf about yesterday because they are having difficulty selling it, it's probably bigger than your after but a nice yoke inside if you like all that woodwork etc
Ha ha yes I've seen it , it's a nice van but like most have said it's too expensive at the minute .

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Well as you know I buy stuff that I can move on and get a wee turn at, usually stuff with big factory waiting lists, but at the minute I've 4 to sell, and currently driving a DBS Superleggera which is beautiful and I think I'll keep for a while but to be honest I mostly drive my work vans! Lol

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Another point anyway although I am only window shopping ( bar the rmb as I WOULD have bought it for the money it sold for) is I would still need to sort the issues I have with this van to get anywhere near my money back on it.

After doing all the electrics and other work to this van not including the general maintenance stuff it now owes me between 14 and 15k , going by what's available out there I'd never get that for it in its present state. The floor would put off a lot of buyers as would the bathroom as it looks damp to the uninformed eye. It's not damp , and it doesn't leak but the damage that was done from the leaking window is still visible as I didn't have time to fix that before we left.

And then there's the paintwork which although it's not the worst there's damage to both bumpers , the silver bit on the bottom is pretty scabby at places, the grp is tired and the aluminium is scratched around window frames etc due to removing all the clear silicone bodjit bill had applied.

To fix the floor and bathroom will cost roughly £500 in materials and doing it myself with help will save labour costs.

And then I will see about having it resprayed in Morocco ..that'll cost me about £1k

So it's more outlay....BUT the van will then be a lot better overall.

If no mechanical disasters happen then I'll just carry on using it for the next couple of years while I decide on my longterm goals.

But if I decide to sell it later I'd be able to do that easier.
Hey Tam, long term goals. Is one of them find a rich widow with her own 5 car driveway and mansion? Best of both worlds then, you could sell motors off the drive and she will keep you warm in winter 😆

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95