MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (64 Viewers)

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
I’m a motorhomer of many years and like to help with any experience I have, if you care to look at my previous posts you will see this. I’m not some gushy individual that slavishly follows one person and how they think the country they visit should treat them, end of. 🤐
Ok, I admit it I am some crazy gushy fan of Tam:giggle:(y) lock me up your honour :ROFLMAO:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I’m a motorhomer of many years and like to help with any experience I have, if you care to look at my previous posts you will see this. I’m not some gushy individual that slavishly follows one person and how they think the country they visit should treat them, end of. 🤐
You had a bad day Trev?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
At least if you ignore them you get the choice of whether to see a post or not. When they put you on ignore it can make following a thread very confusing with all the missing posts.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
At least if you ignore them you get the choice of whether to see a post or not. When they put you on ignore it can make following a thread very confusing with all the missing posts.
Aye to be honest the whole ignore thing on here is useless. I'd prefer a simple block button its far more effective which is why every other platform out there has one.

The two way ignore was claimed to do that but it didn't and I notice that feature has now been removed. So while you can ignore someone you can't actually stop them from viewing or commenting on your thread. Which i personally think is wrong and just creates problems.

So I'm left with the choice often of letting people who don't deserve to participate do it or deny everyone of the content.

Which isn't really fair.

Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
Aye to be honest the whole ignore thing on here is useless. I'd prefer a simple block button its far more effective which is why every other platform out there has one.

The two way ignore was claimed to do that but it didn't and I notice that feature has now been removed. So while you can ignore someone you can't actually stop them from viewing or commenting on your thread. Which i personally think is wrong and just creates problems.

So I'm left with the choice often of letting people who don't deserve to participate do it or deny everyone of the content.

Which isn't really fair.
I can't see the threads or posts of people who have me on ignore (except when I sign in as someone else :cool: )

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Freedom of speech sometimes means you might not want to hear it . Here you can select the option not to :)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I have only got two perhaps three on ignore, usually because they appear to look for trouble,when bigtree was having a confrontation earlier l only saw his posts so the other must have been one of my ignores although l have to say l rarely notice missing posts.

Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
Freedom of speech sometimes means you might not want to hear it . Here you can select the option not to :)
When a funster puts someone on ignore on here they (the one on ignore) can no longer see any of your posts or any posts at all on threads you started. They however can choose to see or not each post you make by some sort of alert. Once they have you on ignore you cannot stop them having this option so they can vet everything you post with no option for you to respond. I personally think this is unfair.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This whole ignore thing is ridiculous in my view, it ruins threads and I don't see what is gained by it, if you want to ignore someone just ignore the posts they make in the thread , no need to erase everything they post when in fact you might even agree with something they say but you cases it.

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Tam bigtree wasn't getting at you it was another member's comments he was unhappy with. He would appreciate it if you could take him off ignore as he likes following your thread.
bigtree was a bit ott but so was Gina m , children please behave 🤒 , let’s get back to being a happy family 😁 , tam lift the ignored button & I’ll slap trev in the lug when I see him lol , as he really ain’t big he’s just a wee pict like most of us in clansville

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yes you can, I fixed that ages ago. This is the only forum in the world that I know o,f that has managed to get a double ignore working.
OK. Well I know it wasn't working before as we spoke about it last year but if it's now fixed that's cool.

Although before when you went to ignore someone it gave you the option to select 2 way ignore which it doesn't seem to do now. So is it automatic?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Although before when you went to ignore someone it gave you the option to select 2 way ignore which it doesn't seem to do now.

It's never given you the option at the point of ignoring someone, rather it's a setting in your preferences

1713781262007.png

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam bigtree wasn't getting at you it was another member's comments he was unhappy with. He would appreciate it if you could take him off ignore as he likes following your thread.
bigtree was a bit ott but so was Gina m , children please behave 🤒 , let’s get back to being a happy family 😁 , tam lift the ignored button & I’ll slap trev in the lug when I see him lol , as he really ain’t big he’s just a wee pict like most of us in clansville
Anyway I will on this occasion remove the ignore for trev

But I still don't believe these comments were necessary.
Screenshot_20240421_213347_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240421_213415_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240421_213426_Chrome.jpg

It isn't a case of it being " their country" it isn't anymore than Scotland is my country , just because someone is born somewhere it doesn't make it their country. It also doesn't give folk free reign to be a complete cock.

I also don't think the world revolves around me , but I do expect people to have a little common decency .

Even when I was a teenager and in my 20's I wouldn't have ever thought it acceptable to sit right outside someone I knew was sleeping and play music , shout laugh and talk loudly till 4am .....it was a big carpark they could have been at any other part of it.

I didn't go out ,tell them to be quiet etc because yes I accept its probably somewhere they hang out all the time .

Had I done that then maybe the comment would have been justified.

Instead what I did was make a post on here about noisy selfish people. Knowing that most people on here even those that use campsites have most likely also encountered selfish assholes.

Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
Yes you can, I fixed that ages ago. This is the only forum in the world that I know o,f that has managed to get a double ignore working.
If they have you on one way ignore they still have the option to view your posts and you can't do anything about it.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Managed to change my front brake pads this morning .. there was still about half the wear left on them but at least now they're replaced. I will have to replace one of the caliper slides on the front offside when I'm back in the UK as its sticking . I've freed it off a bit but it needs replaced. I had read that this model of iveco was bad for calipers and it seems mine is no different. Brakes are never right on the bugger. Handbrake isn't right either so I'm not sure what's going on with that. It's had the shoes replaced when I had wheel bearing done so either they weren't adjusted properly or the cables have stretched. But handbrake lever is coming right up but brakes aren't holding . I'm hoping there's not oil on the shoes again but there's no sign of any leaks at the hubs so far.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back