MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (18 Viewers)

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
I had similar in Spain over the last winter and 7 days of antibiotics wasnt sufficient. Get at least a couple of weeks plus a steroid inhaler if you can. I was bloody awful with it and felt f*****g rough for quite a while till the yellow muck stopped coming up/ out. Hope you can get something easily. Dont dismiss it as a cold.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Morning well I had a better night's sleep last night which I was surprised at as I spent most of the day in bed yesterday. I did however get woken up at 02.38 with the feckin police... they sat outside my van and put the siren on several times obviously trying to get my attention and too lazy to get out the car and knock on the door. I sleep naked and I had 3 out of 4 dogs in the bed on top of the duvet so getting up would have been a challenge so I decided to ignore them unless they knocked on the door ...they didn't and after 5 minutes or so of them playing all sorts of tunes with the siren they buggered off thankfully.

Woke up around 8 sheets soaked with sweat but feel a little better today , still coughing but not as much and I'm not coughing up any flem anymore , don't feel quite as weak today either so that's good ...runny nose now though which I'm trying to catch before it runs down in to my lungs as I'm pretty sure that's what I've been coughing up the last couple of days . I'll Continue with the paracetamol and ibuprofen today and see how I am tomorrow if its got worse then I'll try to get a pharmacy in batumi for antibiotics but I don't like taking those unless really necessary as if you take them too often they don't work when you really need them . Apart from being fat I'm pretty healthy really and I've quite a good immune system , I don't get ill very often and as yet I've still not had covid ....this is the first cold I've had in over 3 years . I'm certain I caught it in that sulphur pool as there was 8/10 of us in that at one point. Can't think where else I've been in that close proximity to anyone.

Anyway I moved this morning just a few miles south to a quieter spot on the beach but under trees for a bit shelter . Not planning to do much . The dogs had a wee walk and a run about on the beach this morning and ill let them have a run about here later. Think I'm just going to read or watch a few episodes of afterlife and take it easy today. I hate being ill and I'm the worst patient lol

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Get well soon! Never take antibiotics unless prescribed by doctor as a last resort. Your body is full of good bacteria that actually make up your immune system and antibiotics destroy all bacteria good and bad. It's a very blunt treatment that hasn't really progressed much since the days it was discovered. Yes they have saved many lives when someone has serious infection but not something to self prescribe especially when it's likely caused by a virus that your immune system will fight.

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Posted while you were posting. You never know if you've had covid or not as some people have no symptoms but this could even be COVID if you've not had it before. Rest up. Drink hot lemon, honey, lots of garlic and paracetamol for the pain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Get well soon! Never take antibiotics unless prescribed by doctor as a last resort. Your body is full of good bacteria that actually make up your immune system and antibiotics destroy all bacteria good and bad. It's a very blunt treatment that hasn't really progressed much since the days it was discovered. Yes they have saved many lives when someone has serious infection but not something to self prescribe especially when it's likely caused by a virus that your immune system will fight.
Aye I've just said about that above. Having a mum and sister who were both health care proffs I've had it drummed in to me from an early age about not taking meds unless absolutely necessary. I don't think I've a chest infection at the minute I think it's just a bad cold that hit hard from the onset. I'm not one for popping pills if I can avoid it . In truth I only took the covid vaccinations because I couldn't travel without them otherwise I wouldn't have. I don't get ill much thankfully. I reckon I'll be good as new in a few days

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Here's an interesting wee video.

If you look for others you'll find the updated story. They discovered he wasn't always a stray , his owner died, but used to take him on the train then ferry at weekends to a beach on one of the islands so boji now does this journey himself.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Here's an interesting wee video.

If you look for others you'll find the updated story. They discovered he wasn't always a stray , his owner died, but used to take him on the train then ferry at weekends to a beach on one of the islands so boji now does this journey himself.

I actually saw that last night on instagram, I quite often get posts that you have liked or commented on come up on my feed…😂

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Few pics from today.... not done a lot but its a peaceful wee spot this just cows and strays and the odd local. Mostly in watching TV... I downloaded the 3 series of afterlife with Ricky gervais the other day , just finished series 2. If you've never seen it it's worth a watch. I was never a fan of his tried watching other series he was in but didn't find them funny but this series whilst being pretty sad in a lot of ways it's kinda heartwarming too and it's funny ... so give it a try .
20240401_121917.jpg
20240401_143046.jpg
20240401_143626.jpg
20240401_143632.jpg
20240401_145647.jpg
20240401_150324.jpg
20240401_152314.jpg
20240401_152324.jpg

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
It's weird this being 4 hours ahead.. its 7.30 here and still Broad daylight , sun's splitting the trees . Gonna be weird going forward an hour again come Wednesday
Wow, 4 hours difference - didn't know that. :rolleyes: Yeh, you'll really notice returning to Turkey.

Edit - Just realised, you are perhaps 3 hours ahead of us now on UK BST (4 hours versus GMT)? - we changed the clocks yesterday! ;)(y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Wow, 4 hours difference - didn't know that. :rolleyes: Yeh, you'll really notice returning to Turkey.

Edit - Just realised, you are perhaps 3 hours ahead of us now - UK BST (4 hours versus GMT)? - we changed the clocks yesterday! ;)(y)
Possibly it's hard to keep track. Turkey is 3 hours ahead of UK, georgia is 4 hours ahead. Not sure if they change clocks or not. It's hard enough keeping track of the days never mind times lol. But its 20.21here now

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Possibly it's hard to keep track. Turkey is 3 hours ahead of UK, georgia is 4 hours ahead. Not sure if they change clocks or not. It's hard enough keeping track of the days never mind times lol. But its 20.21here now
Looks like Turkey stopped changing the clocks in 2016:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time_in_Turkey

And apparently, "within Europe – as defined by the United Nations – only Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Iceland, Russia and Turkey do not practice daylight saving time." - 26 Oct 2023

PS - It's just after 17.30 here! ;) (y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

I wish ela and jade would swim ...they both can but not keen , and being black they get the hottest. I've been throwing sticks in for blu for weeks now but she'd always go In till it reached her tummy then stop . But today she took the plunge and swam for the stick . Has done it at least a dozen times since now so safe to say she's over her fear and enjoys swimming for the stick. Problem now is poor milo doesn't get a chance to get it.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Love the little wag Blu gave as she reached the stick.
Tough skin, drying herself on the beach pebbles
She actually has am amazing coat ...its like microfiber, I thought because her fur was longer she'd be a nightmare when wet but she dries quicker than the other 3 , jade is a nightmare she stays wet for hours even after a good towelling

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Glad you're on the mend now. It's horrible being ill while you're away and in a foreign country..
Still not completely gone ...I have a coughing fit every so often where I feel a lung is going to come up but no chest pain or anything now . Hopefully it doesn't linger too long.

Nice temps here just now which should help . 25° today

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Turkey is refusing me entry with 4 dogs they are trying to tell me you can't enter turkey with more than 2 dogs .

No one said anything when I entered Turkey from Greece or when I left Turkey despite them checking dogs passports

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back