Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Good evening,, well I had a lovely day,,
Got to work about 7.15, half hour drive, put kettle on, made a brew, set out the walls,, and found out that the laser level I bought from amazon for £44 is a piece of shiiiiiite,,
Can’t see the laser from 3 feet away let alone 15 mtrs as advertised! Unless your in a pitch black corridor I suppose,, load of bo,,,,,,, s. Anyway,,,,

I decided to split the wall into 3 lengths, and put expansion in between,, so I started on the lower length, around 1800 cm high, 9 in with piers, and I put a basketweave pattern in a frame, because it breaks up the size it’s going to be,,same in the other two but obviously bigger patterns as the walls get higher towards the house, some 2.7 mts at the far end!

anyway, the weather was lovely and I plodded on till about 4, cleaned up mixer etc,,, it was great to be back at work, customer is well pleased, so I’m happy!!

View attachment 384927View attachment 384928View attachment 384929

Looking good Ian, loving the basketweave. Thats going to be a serious garden wall when finished and certainly be something you should put on your advertising/website...

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good evening,,

had a good/ish day today,, topped off the first section, after scaffold loading out etc,, and set out a few course for the second wall,, so I can get a good start tomorrow,,,
weather was nice, but wind was a bit chilly!

I forgot to take pics tonight, but will do tomorrow,, also my back,, was a bit tender last night,, much better tonight, but I swear coming straight in and having a hot bath is helping loads!!

they give the local weather nice again for a few days, so alls good really!!
come to think about it, I’m working, for myself, earning a few quid, lovely customers, feeling like a geezer again,, now I think I shall leave the hoovering and doing my floors for a good week,,, just to let myself know that once again,,,, I’m a proper bloke!! Lol

hope your all well, also your families,,,

I did notice a significant increase of traffic on the road this evening, but I suppose, like me, there working?

ok,, I am having two lamb and mint burgers for tea, with onions and a slice of cheese! Lovely! Chat later,, stay safe! Xxxxxx

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Morning,,,

well I had a long weekend, it was lovely!!

i worked mon/ tues / wed,, then labourer let me down for scaffolding loading out etc so I did a little bit and had a long weekend,,,

I should finish Thursday, I will update with pics etc when I’m done,,

for info purposes does anyone know when the hmrc are going to pay us self employed any money???

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Morning,,,

well I had a long weekend, it was lovely!!

i worked mon/ tues / wed,, then labourer let me down for scaffolding loading out etc so I did a little bit and had a long weekend,,,

I should finish Thursday, I will update with pics etc when I’m done,,

for info purposes does anyone know when the hmrc are going to pay us self employed any money???
Within 6 working days of making a claim. 19th May 2020 if you claim tomorrow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Within 6 working days of making a claim. 19th May 2020 if you claim tomorrow.

big 1,, I don’t think that’s what I’m after,, apparently the money I’m going to get is a % of the last years turnover and the tax man will contact me,, not me them?

I shall ring accountant later,, but cheers, I hadn’t heard of that one! Xx

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
big 1,, I don’t think that’s what I’m after,, apparently the money I’m going to get is a % of the last years turnover and the tax man will contact me,, not me them?

As far as I see it you have to have the last three years tax accounts and you get 80% of that but not if you are still earning, and I'm afraid it looks as if you will get 80% of very little.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
It is fairly simple, but very strict. I don't qualify because my income from self employment is less than 50% of my income ( I can't claim anyway because I'm retired) if you have earnings for the year 2018 to 2019 and that was more than 50% of you total income, and as long as you have lost work due to CV then you will get 80% of the income you declared. Kathy had a txt telling her that she qualified and to log into her online tax account to get the details. They are starting the process tomorrow, but that may not be everyone. So tomorrow she has to go online and fill in a form to claim, the money will be paid 6 days later and will be for 3 months in one go.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No

You'll get nowt for free mate, you can, and will get a loan from your bank if you want it, it'll be 0% for the first 12 months, then it will be 2.5% over base rate.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
3202EAD2-E651-4FEA-8150-037529EC96B1.jpeg2924F49B-0D66-4811-AEBB-3C7EC9A092DB.jpeg5222F612-D3B8-424D-B55B-43C9DD55056E.jpeg

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Lovely job there Ian.(y)
Yes that is what they stated at the outset but as usual the self employed have been turned over compared to employed. It is the " same" as originally stated but with so many get outs that aren't even shown that you will be lucky to get anything.

I don't qualify because my income from self employment is less than 50% of my income
& nowhere does it state that, nor has it ever stated that anywhere ?they must make it up as the want.

f you have earnings for the year 2018 to 2019 and that was more than 50% of you total income,
& it still states 18-19 or 17-18 or 16 17 , all 3 added then ÷3 & if you have no accounts for the last 3 years you can still claim?

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Lovely job there Ian.(y)

Yes that is what they stated at the outset but as usual the self employed have been turned over compared to employed. It is the " same" as originally stated but with so many get outs that aren't even shown that you will be lucky to get anything.

& nowhere does it state that, nor has it ever stated that anywhere ?they must make it up as the want.

& it still states 18-19 or 17-18 or 16 17 , all 3 added then ÷3 & if you have no accounts for the last 3 years you can still claim?
You need accounts for 18-19,as a minimum if you have more years they take the last 3 and average it, but if you only have 1 year it must be 18-19
Broken Link Removed

Check this thread and the pdf from the HMRC

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I saw the pictures on FB that's a great bit of work Ian.
Have you had anything from the HMRC about the furlough scheme? Both Kathy and my BIL have claimed already

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I saw the pictures on FB that's a great bit of work Ian.
Have you had anything from the HMRC about the furlough scheme? Both Kathy and my BIL have claimed already

well I spoke to my Acct,, went to hmrc site, I’m eligible for a payment, but when I started they asked me questions which I answered then the site said they couldn’t verify me,

so I did it again and the message came up,, something wrong with the service, so I threw my new chromebook on the sofa and havnt quite got my head straight to do it again, it’s a fkg nightmare! I hate computers!!

I have a gateway no and everything they asked for,, so with my passport info they can’t verify it’s me, or with driving licence details,, there a joke!!

Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
well I spoke to my Acct,, went to hmrc site, I’m eligible for a payment, but when I started they asked me questions which I answered then the site said they couldn’t verify me,

so I did it again and the message came up,, something wrong with the service, so I threw my new chromebook on the sofa and havnt quite got my head straight to do it again, it’s a fkg nightmare! I hate computers!!

I have a gateway no and everything they asked for,, so with my passport info they can’t verify it’s me, or with driving licence details,, there a joke!!

I needed to set up a third party verification to use the .Gov Gateway for my self assessment returns. I think this link might help, but no guarantees.... :giggle:

WWW.GOV.UK

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
You will need your UTR number which is on any correspondence from the Inland Revenue and your NI number - plus either your passport or card driving licence, an email address and your mobile phone number. I did it by registering as a new user on the HMRC site using this link
Keep trying as the site is very busy at the moment. When you have registered it will give you a date within the next few days when you can apply for your grant. That bit is very straightforward as long as you have the gateway registration number and information that was shown when you register.Remember to write them down! Good luck

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017

I hate computers too. Well,hate is a bit strong.........I feckin hate the b*****d b******g things with the passion only equalled by my Italian lover,and she’s wild. ;) ;) :ROFLMAO::love::love:

Oh,by the way,your brickwork is not too bad.:LOL:;)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984

I has a difficult time with BIL today, most of it my fault, it is easy to miss type a number, I I got the passport number wrong. The site does not seem to have a time limit, so do it slowly
BIL got over £4500 so it is worth doing. If you are still having trouble give me a call tomorrow and I'll try to help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back