Lenny's Heading South, not a Clue Where. (35 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Chris are you well as you are liking my posts, you do realise I'm in France. 🤣
No. I am mentally unfit to be posting.

Please get me sectioned.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Wash your mouth out, only the chips were done in the air fryer steak on the bbq nice and rare.
Did our "cheap as chips" Lidls steaks tonight. Marinated in oil with lots of pepper for an hour or so then fried, did mine for only two minutes a side, Mrs DBK's done 4 minutes a side. Then rested in a warm oven while I added a glass of red wine to the pan and reduced it down to the point it starts spitting. Served with salady stuff. It was tasty. :)

Ready for the off. Chef's glass already primed.

PXL_20240925_174955725.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

The result. :)

PXL_20240925_180946405.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Did our "cheap as chips" Lidls steaks tonight. Marinated in oil with lots of pepper for an hour or so then fried, did mine for only two minutes a side, Mrs DBK's done 4 minutes a side. Then rested in a warm oven while I added a glass of red wine to the pan and reduced it down to the point it starts spitting. Served with salady stuff. It was tasty. :)

Ready for the off. Chef's glass already primed.

View attachment 955830

The result. :)

View attachment 955829
Mightily impressed at how clean and polished you've got your hob. 👍

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I could have uprated mine from 3500kg to 3800kg without any mods to the suspension, so it must be designed to run at those sorts of weights.
Is yours on the heavy chassis? If not just going to 3800kg on paper wouldn't increase the axle capacities.

Like Lenny we are over. Not that much though. I would not worry, if you ring SVTech they would simply upplate it to 3,850 as a paper exercise.
But won't increase the axle capacities to carry the extra weight, they'd remain the same.

No they won't it needs rear air suspension especially for the rear to go to 2250
That's my view too as Lenny has the light chassis like us, albeit the newer model, we could've gone to 3850kg with ours as a pure paper exercise but the axle capacities would've stayed as they were (1850 + 2000) however we needed extra carrying capacity on the rear axle so semi-air was required to take it up to 2240kg.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
What was The French Steak like chaps?
Or you cant say yet as you are still chewing.:rofl:
I do like DBK's method, give the meat every chance of being tender by marinating as long as time allows at room temp, then resting to allow the juices to come out.(y)
LES

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I agree,last night the steak (from lidl) we shared. It was a little thin but still nice. Always let a steak come to room temperature before cooking and always let it rest after cooking.
P.s the potatoes are par boiled then coated in olive oil,veg oil and a little truffle oil and finely grated parmesan cheese before cooking in the air fryer.
The steak is added to a dry hot pan as olive oil is added to the steak before cooking.
20240925_191018.jpg
20240925_195952.jpg

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Is yours on the heavy chassis? If not just going to 3800kg on paper wouldn't increase the axle capacities.

But won't increase the axle capacities to carry the extra weight, they'd remain the same.

That's my view too as Lenny has the light chassis like us, albeit the newer model, we could've gone to 3850kg with ours as a pure paper exercise but the axle capacities would've stayed as they were (1850 + 2000) however we needed extra carrying capacity on the rear axle so semi-air was required to take it up to 2240kg.
We are on light chassis and it came out of factory at 3650, dealer was supposed to get SV TECH to uprate to 3850 but they wouldn't/couldn't on the chassis it's on so I got uprated front springs (Lenny HB already has these) and rear air then dealer paid SV to plate to 4000 with 2250 on rear. As lenny already has front springs he may be able to go up but as Minxy says you still only have 2000 on rear.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now

Mine is the light chassis. I know about axle weights but was just saying the vehicle could be uprated if a few hundred kg needed. Up to the driver to make sure weight is distributed correctly.
I have semi air & uprated tyres on mine , so could increase rear axle as well if i chose to.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Those steaks look vastly more appetizing than your globe artichokes, but I must admit to never having eaten one to my knowledge, so perhaps I shouldn't condemn them without sampling
Mine were expensive Lidl fillet, they were tiny couldn't see them under my caralmised burnt onions.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back