Anyone got confirmed news Re Fiat Ducato build delays (20 Viewers)

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, I am awaiting a new Adria PVC which should have been here last October but keeps on getting put back on a monthly basis. Now end of June and I don’t believe it will come then if I’m honest. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if it finally arrived in 2023!

Trying to get any information of the true delay situation from the manufacturers, let alone information that you can trust to be correct and up to date, I am finding impossible. Nothing on the news for Europe but some in America Re shifts being closed at factories there from 2 to 1 a day, but that is about Stellantis car plants I believe.

The delays all appear to revolve around Stellantis production in Italy at their Sevel plant but still none the wiser as to specifically why. Saying the Pandemic repeatedly does not do it for me now.

I would just like to get some honest understanding of why the monthly delays continue and I think all Fiat based manufacturers are pretty much the same.

I wanted to start this Thread for comments from anyone who has got confirmed news or information, rather than rumours and speculation, although if my experiences are the same as others no one will be able to confidently add an update, but here goes 👍🏻

Regards in advance if anyone can add anything

May 29, 2021
Kotka, Finland
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van
My favourite subject! Like my signature says, "Hymer (Grand Canyon / Ducato) order placed 1/21, 1st ETA 5/22, 2nd ETA 8/22, 3rd ETA 11/22..."

When we decided to get a new one, I was expecting for max 6 moths wait and all the dealers said 4-5 months. But everyone learned it will be Autumn 2022 so we decided to abandon the idea. Then a dealer (and another the next day) called back telling it would be here 5/2022, and even though that was quite a long wait we decided to go ahead because it had been a long and thorough process to find and decide the model. Sold our previous PVC 2 months later (we do >15000 miles/year so the car would've had >120000 miles when the new would arrive so we sold it while it still worked and the MH-hype was at it's peak) and started waiting.

At that time we were going with the 7/2020 prices and were promised that the prices will hold even if it was known the prices will rise for the next year. Then came the new Ducato and new prices and we went through the order again, adding a lot of kit now available. The price for our van had risen some 3000 euros (for the original order, new addons of course made even more) but we were still promised the original pricing. Soon after that we got informed of 3 months more wait. And after 3 months we got informed of 3 months more wait (at that time at was about 1/2022, 4 months before the original ETA). A few weeks ago I asked for the updated summary of our order because last time we didn't get it, and while waiting for it, I noticed the prices have gone even more up since our last meeting. Now the price seems to be over 9000 euros more than our original order.

I have asked again for the summary (waited 2 weeks after asking the first time) and it's slightly exciting to see if the original pricing still holds. If he is still going with the original pricing it will be quite respectable and I'm up for a deal of a lifetime. And not going to ask for any compensation for delayed delivery :) . He told that the automatic gearbox is the main reason for the delay, without it it would probably come sooner.

So, to make long story short, our original wait of about 14 months (of wich were on month 14) has expanded to (at least) 22 months. Currently I'm looking for some s**tty van for next to nothing to get even a bit away sometimes as it seems I'm up for second summer without anything.

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi again, we have just been told by two others awaiting new Carado vans that theirs have now dropped back from May to September 22. All originally January 22. We haven't been told any news about ours yet, (which had already dropped Jan/Feb/April to May)but I am beginning to fear missing this summer's trips with the new van.🫣🫣🫣🫣

Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2021
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 874
Exp
Lucky me, told yesterday my Swift 874 is still on schedule for late June, although ready to be disappointed ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
We just received a first delivery date! We were told our build week was 23, and we are now (today) being told to expect delivery and registration week 24 which is June 13-19. (2022!).
(Carado T459 Edition 15 with no drop-down bed Island bed plus face to face lounge, (Erwin Hymer TravelWorld)).
(Just as a guide to help others who are waiting for Ducato-based vans, we were told our chassis number around the end of March, so I guess that must mean it will be confirmation that it is more likely to be physical chassis soon)

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
We just received a first delivery date! We were told our build week was 23, and we are now (today) being told to expect delivery and registration week 24 which is June 13-19. (2022!).
(Carado T459 Edition 15 with no drop-down bed Island bed plus face to face lounge, (Erwin Hymer TravelWorld)).
(Just as a guide to help others who are waiting for Ducato-based vans, we were told our chassis number around the end of March, so I guess that must mean it will be confirmation that it is more likely to be physical chassis soon)
Excellent news, at least they're coming off the production line!(y)

Upvote 0

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
Picking up our new Fiat PVC tomorrow(y) Ordered June '21 with eta early 2022, then May, then August. We really wanted a manual gearbox although the dealer special (which were the only ones he had ordered) was an auto. When he phoned to say a new manual edition had been delivered and we could have it immediately I took a nano second to say yes please::bigsmile: It appears the supply vehicles is spasmodic and mostly manuals.
Sue

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
Picking up our new Fiat PVC tomorrow(y) Ordered June '21 with eta early 2022, then May, then August. We really wanted a manual gearbox although the dealer special (which were the only ones he had ordered) was an auto. When he phoned to say a new manual edition had been delivered and we could have it immediately I took a nano second to say yes please::bigsmile: It appears the supply vehicles is spasmodic and mostly manuals.
Sue
Excellent news. The new Auto's are highly regarded and the most popular option apparently, so you have gained an advantage by wanting manual. I have paid for the Auto upgrade and would get a refund if I settled for a manual. Will just wait for the Auto but delighted you have got what you actually wanted. (y)

Upvote 1
Mar 31, 2022
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Kon Tiki 784
Exp
Been caravanning for years but now ordered my first motorhome
We ordered a Swift Kon Tiki 784 at the February Motor Home show and were told delivery would be September the 9th now been told it may be delayed so expect we will be lucky to get it this year

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
Dreamer
The Rapido / Dreamer groups in FB are reporting a bunch of new delays on fiat based chassis. I had a VIN allocated in March, I guess the chassis had only been planned then and not built! I'm wondering what to anticipate delivery in Q4 and book hols without the van or continue to play the waiting game... Thoughts? 🤔

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
The Rapido / Dreamer groups in FB are reporting a bunch of new delays on fiat based chassis. I had a VIN allocated in March, I guess the chassis had only been planned then and not built! I'm wondering what to anticipate delivery in Q4 and book hols without the van or continue to play the waiting game... Thoughts? 🤔
I don't have a FB account so not privy to it's information. However my Dreamer order of August 2021 according to Highbridge due originaly April 2022 then changed to October 2022 is apparently on the Rapido/Deamer dealer site still showing the same date for my spec of heavy chassis with the 160ps auto. I did pop into Highbridge today to get some chairs and did spot 4 newly delivered Orange Adria PVC's sitting in a very denuded forecourt. So deliveries are dripping through. I have not been given a vin allocation. When did you order?

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
Dreamer
I don't have a FB account so not privy to it's information. However my Dreamer order of August 2021 according to Highbridge due originaly April 2022 then changed to October 2022 is apparently on the Rapido/Deamer dealer site still showing the same date for my spec of heavy chassis with the 160ps auto. I did pop into Highbridge today to get some chairs and did spot 4 newly delivered Orange Adria PVC's sitting in a very denuded forecourt. So deliveries are dripping through. I have not been given a vin allocation. When did you order?
I don't have a FB account either, I use my other half's. I ordered in Nov from a stock order so I don't know when it was placed. Sounds like your van is making progress which makes me feel somewhat more positive. Perhaps I'll hold off on that non vanbased trip abroad for the time being...

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
I don't have a FB account either, I use my other half's. I ordered in Nov from a stock order so I don't know when it was placed. Sounds like your van is making progress which makes me feel somewhat more positive. Perhaps I'll hold off on that non vanbased trip abroad for the time being...
Yes my order was from Highbridge's annual stock order and we then added all the upgrades to it and paid the deposit to secure it.
We just adjusted our plans for this year as a result of the delay. We held off selling the boat fortunately and have enjoyed some cruises along the South coast but having spent £400 in (non red) diesel for the annual family trip to Alderney from Plymouth the boat has now become just too costly with mooring fees maintenance and insurance on top. Having said that my broker has had a queue of buyers for it for some time, so there are still people with deep pockets out there.
Now planning van visits with the van for next year!

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The factory in Ukraine that supplies the VAG group with wiring looms is at less than half capacity due to being shelled.
A lot of the looms that they are producing at the moment are going to Bentley.
Does make you wonder why,when they have got up to all sorts of tricks & skullduggery before ,that they haven't invested in there own armed wing to wreak havoc on russian blockades & actions affecting there production facilities & impacting on there company performance? all tax deductable-(y)

Upvote 1
Apr 3, 2022
Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
ItineoSB740 on order
Exp
Just heard today that our new Itineo will be delivered to the dealer in Spain within the next couple of weeks. We ordered last June, so will be about a year when it arrives. It’s a 160bhp auto on a heavy chassis. We’re very excited, although we won’t be able to pick it up until the end of July (our timing, not the dealer).

Upvote 0
May 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
We ordered an Adria PVC on Fiat body in October 2020 for delivery in April 2021 but it finally came in August 2021. We thought that was a long wait but things look worse now

Upvote 0

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
It’s going to get worse. Lots of items were built in Ukraine. Manufacturers are switching from Fiat to Ford. Several manufacturers have stopped production. Any decent manufacturer has offered price protection (Whilst they can) to protect end users and dealers.

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
It’s going to get worse. Lots of items were built in Ukraine. Manufacturers are switching from Fiat to Ford. Several manufacturers have stopped production. Any decent manufacturer has offered price protection (Whilst they can) to protect end users and dealers.
Yup wiring harnesses , neon used in the manufacture of semi conductors and switches.
There are now lots of issues in the car industry with components failing where manufacturers have switched suppliers. One colleague has rejected 2 brand new BMW's due to issues with on board electronics and there are stories of failing upholstery, glues and adhesive on the car forums. Lots of other stuff being hidden with NDA's etc. A number of people at work have been waiting 9 months plus months for new company cars only for them to be cancelled (not delayed) which means they have to select another now far more expensive car and join the back of the queue.

Upvote 0
May 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
I ordered my Autotrail PVC in October 2020 and I’m still waiting, with no confirmed build or delivery date.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back