Anyone got confirmed news Re Fiat Ducato build delays (2 Viewers)

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, I am awaiting a new Adria PVC which should have been here last October but keeps on getting put back on a monthly basis. Now end of June and I don’t believe it will come then if I’m honest. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if it finally arrived in 2023!

Trying to get any information of the true delay situation from the manufacturers, let alone information that you can trust to be correct and up to date, I am finding impossible. Nothing on the news for Europe but some in America Re shifts being closed at factories there from 2 to 1 a day, but that is about Stellantis car plants I believe.

The delays all appear to revolve around Stellantis production in Italy at their Sevel plant but still none the wiser as to specifically why. Saying the Pandemic repeatedly does not do it for me now.

I would just like to get some honest understanding of why the monthly delays continue and I think all Fiat based manufacturers are pretty much the same.

I wanted to start this Thread for comments from anyone who has got confirmed news or information, rather than rumours and speculation, although if my experiences are the same as others no one will be able to confidently add an update, but here goes 👍🏻

Regards in advance if anyone can add anything

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
Being in the same boat so to speak I am just curious as to what information your dealer/Adria are basing their monthly delay update on, as it has been wrong on so many occasions. My April delivery was replaced by the dealer simply saying October and maybe not even then. Which I have taken as we haven't a clue! I can only assume they are basically just gawping at, in my case a Rapido, order spreadsheet!

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
Dreamer
Being in the same boat so to speak I am just curious as to what information your dealer/Adria are basing their monthly delay update on, as it has been wrong on so many occasions. My April delivery was replaced by the dealer simply saying October and maybe not even then. Which I have taken as we haven't a clue! I can only assume they are basically just gawping at, in my case a Rapido, order spreadsheet!
My dealer told me in February that all Dreamer / Rapido dates are showing as October on the system and they're bringing them forward only if / when they have certainty. I'm told I have a chassis number assigned now but still have an Oct date - hoping for May / June. Hope your April date materialises.

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Just a note l saw a few new vans arriving at brown hills today

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
royandsharont
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Adria are saying nothing at all, hence my question. They now have a system where a vehicle is given 2 dates, the first is supposed to be a good guess, my words, the second is within 30 days of its arrival and SHOULD be more accurate but they say not guaranteed.

My good guess keeps changing, I suspect day by day, I just don’t ask that often 😜 so get monthly changes.

I have never actually been given any specific reason I just accept/presume it is parts problems delaying production. I’ve heard all sorts of rumours, but thats what they are.

I know at one point Fiat said they couldn’t get the quantity of metallic paints it wanted so reduced the availability across the board & Adria made choices how to manage that. They decided all Adria PVC could not come in metallic paint & I had to change my choice but I am told mine has reverted back to metallic now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
My dealer told me in February that all Dreamer / Rapido dates are showing as October on the system and they're bringing them forward only if / when they have certainty. I'm told I have a chassis number assigned now but still have an Oct date - hoping for May / June. Hope your April date materialises.
Thanks and that is consistent with what I have been told. I ordered in August 21 and was told then delivery mid April 22 and that suited us. However I am now resigned to a post October delivery so well over 12 months from deposit paid and contract signed. I have no idea when Highbridge placed the stock order however. Accordingly we have made other plans for the rest of the year. Another poster, I forget who, were told by Highbridge that they are getting vans in at about 6 per week so a few are coming through and I do see new vans on transporters in my travels. Getting the spec. and upgrades I ordered is yet another conundrum!!!!!:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Are Sevel (Citroen, Fiat, Peugeot) vans suffering from wiring loom supply from a supplier in Ukraine? That is one of the problems that are being reported as causing VAG range vehicles being delayed.

I have a MAN TGE (VW Crafter with different badges) on order that we ordered in August 2021 and still to materialise although the supplier is hopeful for a May build with a late June delivery here in the UK.

Upvote 0
Apr 18, 2021
Lincolnshire Wolds AONB, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 540
Exp
Since 2008
Hi, I am awaiting a new Adria PVC which should have been here last October but keeps on getting put back on a monthly basis. Now end of June and I don’t believe it will come then if I’m honest. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if it finally arrived in 2023!

Trying to get any information of the true delay situation from the manufacturers, let alone information that you can trust to be correct and up to date, I am finding impossible. Nothing on the news for Europe but some in America Re shifts being closed at factories there from 2 to 1 a day, but that is about Stellantis car plants I believe.

The delays all appear to revolve around Stellantis production in Italy at their Sevel plant but still none the wiser as to specifically why. Saying the Pandemic repeatedly does not do it for me now.

I would just like to get some honest understanding of why the monthly delays continue and I think all Fiat based manufacturers are pretty much the same.

I wanted to start this Thread for comments from anyone who has got confirmed news or information, rather than rumours and speculation, although if my experiences are the same as others no one will be able to confidently add an update, but here goes 👍🏻

Regards in advance if anyone can add anything
Friend of mine is awaiting his Adria Twin PVC, ordered late last year, and was initially told May 2022 delivery.... has recently been told not to expect his van until September 2022. This from his dealer, sorry, don't know which one.

Upvote 1

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
When we ordered our MoHo back in 2018 at the end of January the Dealer told us the Delivery would be May/June...then July...then August..We finally picked up in September. I suspect that in part delays are normal in normal times others here may be able to confirm this experience.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sorry, no help to anyone, but for me I couldn't stand the wait, if I can't have something at least next week, I just couldn't order it, I would change my mind a dozen times by next year and just think how many new models of different vans will come out before you get yours.
On another drift does anyone watch the roaming Radford's on YouTube, they have just taken delivery of an all singing and dancing new swift that hasn't even been announced yet.

Upvote 2

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Sorry, no help to anyone, but for me I couldn't stand the wait, if I can't have something at least next week, I just couldn't order it, I would change my mind a dozen times by next year and just think how many new models of different vans will come out before you get yours.
On another drift does anyone watch the roaming Radford's on YouTube, they have just taken delivery of an all singing and dancing new swift that hasn't even been announced yet.
Mind you at least that gives new owners the chance to save up and add new options....

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Yes.I queried how they were able to get one so quick and it appears the decision was made some while ago.
I'm waiting for a Rapido ordered last October for delivery last month but now told this October and no guarantee of that. I'm now keeping a look out for a good used vehicle even though it is likely to cost more.
Fiat lost a huge amount of production during lockdown and have never caught up. Their supply chain then had its own challenges.Wiring looms and semi conductors are difficult to source and China's zero covid policy has resulted in region wide lockdowns without notice.
A lot of courier companies replace their fleets every 3 years or so and the Seville vehicles are also bought by a lot of other high volume users so I suspect the m/h manufacturers are a way down the list

Upvote 0
Aug 5, 2018
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
A dealer told me today that they have no idea when Fiat based motorhomes will arrive. One of the reasons given was some parts come from Ukraine so it's hardly surprising nobody really knows.

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2022
Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
ItineoSB740 on order
Exp
I ordered our new (and first MH) Itineo on a Fiat ‘heavy’ chassis last June from a dealer in Barcelona (i live and work in Spain) and was never given a delivery date. I’ve just been told they have a provisional build date at the end of June. Not sure what that means for delivery - any ideas what the timeline could be?

Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2021
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 874
Exp
I'm getting worried now after seeing this thread. I was looking forward to my new Swift in June having placed the order at the NEC, I need to make a call tomorrow before I sell my Bessacarr and end up with nothing for the summer!

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
I'm getting worried now after seeing this thread. I was looking forward to my new Swift in June having placed the order at the NEC, I need to make a call tomorrow before I sell my Bessacarr and end up with nothing for the summer!
If your plans revolve around a motorhome summer I would keep hold of whay you have got. I am not expecting my August stock order before the end of the year. Fortunately we still have a floating asset which we will be getting another 12 months use from before selling.

Upvote 0

jako999

Free Member
Mar 21, 2021
Halesowen
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff
Exp
The wait goes on and on our new Niesmann took 11 months in the waiting and when it came it’s got the wrong fridge and oven, in order to get another van we were told the rebuild time would now be into 2023.
Hope you get it soon.

Upvote 0
Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Delays are normal. We’ve specified three new Motorhomes, none arrived on time. Varying from 2-5 months late. Overall 11 ½ month wait for last one in 2017. So it’s normal for a late delivery. Especially if ordering an updated chassis and automatic plus updated engine.

So normal yes but this is unprecedented times so I’m not surprised it’s even worse.

Sad I know but hopefully you have a fixed price contract.

Carol

Upvote 0
Feb 13, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115 Vogue
Exp
Since 2010
Where did it all go wrong? Wiring looms from Ukraine, chips from China, bits from Italy, more bits from France, nailed together in Germany to make a motorhome for sale in Britain. We’ve all seen the films of men and women streaming out of the Raleigh factory building British bikes or the Coventry car factories building British cars. This should have translated into modern high tech factories supplying British factories with raw materials and parts to build everything we need here. Rant over!

Upvote 2
May 19, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1995
Are Sevel (Citroen, Fiat, Peugeot) vans suffering from wiring loom supply from a supplier in Ukraine? That is one of the problems that are being reported as causing VAG range vehicles being delayed.

I have a MAN TGE (VW Crafter with different badges) on order that we ordered in August 2021 and still to materialise although the supplier is hopeful for a May build with a late June delivery here in the UK.
I have a VAG EV on order same problem, letter from VW blames shortage of chips and product from Ukraine. I suspect manufactures are building the more expensive vehicles with the limit products available.

Upvote 0
Jan 13, 2022
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
New to Motorhome, experienced caravanner 😊
I don't see why people buy new, though pleased they do, I wouldn't like to pay a fortune and then have to wait for ages to get anything. I like to buy something I can see, and if I then have to wait a few days this is bad enough.
I would have agreed with you a year or so ago but we decided to change from caravan to Motorhome in January. Looked at a second hand Burstner that had the layout we wanted, 4 years old, 27k on the clock and it was only £3k less than a new one! So it was a no brainer to order new!
P.S the wait is killing me though, I have zero patience 😂

Upvote 0
Apr 18, 2021
Lincolnshire Wolds AONB, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 540
Exp
Since 2008
I don't see why people buy new, though pleased they do, I wouldn't like to pay a fortune and then have to wait for ages to get anything. I like to buy something I can see, and if I then have to wait a few days this is bad enough.
Perhaps people don't want to be saddled with a second-hand lemon, that has lots of undeclared/undisclosed problems? I'd rather buy new, knowing that if mine is a lemon, I'm at least covered by the guarantee and/or warranty.

Upvote 1

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back