A letter to clubs about site prices (2 Viewers)

Are you are member of large Camping Clubs

• CAMC Caravan and Motorhome Club

• CCC Camping and Caravanning Club

• Both

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I was surprised that one night (Tuesday 11/7) at C&CC site with EHU at Pevensey Bay is costing £29.13 - mid week, members, and age discount. seems a lot

Sep 20, 2018
York, UK
Funster No
MH
elddis 196
Exp
since 2017
I was surprised that one night (Tuesday 11/7) at C&CC site with EHU at Pevensey Bay is costing £29.13 - mid week, members, and age discount. seems a lot
just booked 6 nights at derwentwater site keswick 11/8 to 17/8 £29.20 per night one person age discount, more than i was expecting but i'm happy to get away.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 14th year & still loving it.
Despite The naughty clubs pretence at being concerned about their overpricing, we have booked Carnon Downs for next year and the price has go up by £50, no wonder since Simon sold the site there are always empty pitches.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I have been looking at CMC sites in Devon for the next few weeks. I know it is children’s holiday time but £50+ a night for Hillhead😡😡😱😱. No way.
But, most of the sites we have used before are full on our dates. One is £40+.

I have looked at more reasonable independent sites but they too are busy. So, given trying to get down and up the M5 this time of the year we will go elsewhere.

CMC must be thinking their troubles are over, but wait until the kids are back.

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
Had 1 night last week at CAMC site Bromyard Downs, it is one of their sites without a toilet block, however, didn't need it in the van, wonderful parkland, immaculately clean motorhome service points, huge pitch and a distance between vans coupled with two wonderful wardens, £14.70 (solo). I was paying close to that on French Aires two weeks ago for a carpark and a tap and a van so close either side I was embarrassed going to the bathroom! (Do like French Aires though so mustn't crumble too much). My previous club site visit was to Abbey Wood for a couple of nights, £25 a night, good value IMO as I have been paying up to £200 a night for a Premier Inn at Waterloo. No moans from me.

Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Had 1 night last week at CAMC site Bromyard Downs, it is one of their sites without a toilet block, however, didn't need it in the van, wonderful parkland, immaculately clean motorhome service points, huge pitch and a distance between vans coupled with two wonderful wardens, £14.70 (solo). I was paying close to that on French Aires two weeks ago for a carpark and a tap and a van so close either side I was embarrassed going to the bathroom! (Do like French Aires though so mustn't crumble too much). My previous club site visit was to Abbey Wood for a couple of nights, £25 a night, good value IMO as I have been paying up to £200 a night for a Premier Inn at Waterloo. No moans from me.
Ah but Abbey Wood is in the new ulez after August 23😳😱

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
We were at Winchester Morn Hill recently. A revamped site with new pitches (with "experimental pitching between two posts") and facilities block. Did not wander around as spent most of the time in Winchester via the local, and 5min walk to, bus.

It was ok but too close to the main road so noisy, especially when the local drifters turned up at 2 am to drift round the roundabout. We used the EHU, showers, and facilities as we felt we had paid for them out of our membership and per-night charges.

It was £73.40 for two nights, two adults. That's £18.35 per person per night; what proportion of that is allocated to parking one motorhome vs maintaining facilities for two adults, I've no idea but I'd like to understand the model; is it based on profit and not cost as it "costs" £x to buy, build and maintain a site, divide by number of pitches = cost per pitch? How would you know what that is per person?

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I predict that CAMC are playing the long game here, and they are not really bothered about pitch occupancy rates as lower rates will indicate to them which club sites can have pitches which can turned into either lodge or glamping locations. these will give them far better returns on their investment and will turn the whole site into a far more marketable property going forward.
The managements complete lack of any responses to any complaints is indicative of an uncaring callous management who show no respect for ‘customer care’ leaving that to the staff at the sites.
I suspect that the ‘Communications Director’ Brian Morgan is not as ‘passionate’ about his job as he says he is on his LinkedIn page.
Jim, are you on LinkedIn ? If not are you happy if I message him with a copy of your letter and see if he responds ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

NR

Jun 30, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 649
Exp
Since 2019
Considering their sites are to capacity most of the time I guess my thoughts are not unique to me.

NR

Jun 30, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 649
Exp
Since 2019
I simply presented my opinion and respect others including yours.

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Considering their sites are to capacity most of the time I guess my thoughts are not unique to me.
I think if you follow some of the threads on the CAMC Forum Club Together you will see very different views expressed about vfm and occupancy. We never use Club sites now, far too expensive for what they are, and what facilities we use. Also I don’t think the quality is that great any more.

NR

Jun 30, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 649
Exp
Since 2019
I think if you follow some of the threads on the CAMC Forum Club Together you will see very different views expressed about vfm and occupancy. We never use Club sites now, far too expensive for what they are, and what facilities we use. Also I don’t think the quality is that great any more.
My view is exclusively based on my own experience of using them, the common thread here is cost, personally I don't think they are expensive. Value presents it's self differently depending on an individuals circumstances.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Stopped on a CMHC site for 1 night on Tuesday before moving on to a nice CL.
The CMHC site in question had a total of 67 pitches, there were just 16 occupied. Speaking to another camper he said he be down the West Country for a rally and had stopped at 2 CMHC sites on his way back home apparently there were less than a dozen outfits on either site. His words “I think the club has shot itself in the foot”

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back