A letter to clubs about site prices (3 Viewers)

Are you are member of large Camping Clubs

• CAMC Caravan and Motorhome Club

• CCC Camping and Caravanning Club

• Both

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
And they don’t have ‘dynamic pricing’, they publish a list of prices - they’re not frigging easyJet!
True they don’t operate that dynamically but if you look at the list prices they fluctuate during the seasons. Look at the balloon festival weekend prices as an example. Most private sites set a seasonal price and leave it.

Oct 5, 2023
N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 696f
Exp
MH 4 years Cruisers a life time
A number of people who frequented the tea tent at the Newbury Show were commenting on the rise in pitch fees. I don't stop on many sites so can't really comment.

If this is the case I thought I'd write to the two big clubs and try and get some reasoning for this. I know we have some wages inflation as well as higher electricity costs, but I suspect, like a lot of industries there might be a bit of "Greedflation" in their prices.

To give my letter some legitimacy it would be nice to know what proportion of our membership are their members, so please choose an option above.

Also can you let us know about some of the increases you have seen. Thanks
Just a question from a Newbie
Been on the road now this 3 years and using both the main booking clubs for sites without any issues, I looked to book at Culzean Castle Camping and Caravanning Club Site which was my first stop after coming from the N.Ireland ferry to view the Culzean Castle and gardens before moving onward for the next 8 weeks touring . I only wanted a one night stop but was informed that all sites had a minimum of Two night stays. I happened to find another site within two miles on the same main road The Ranch Holiday Park, Culzean Road £35.50 for 2 persons with on pitch water and electric 7.5 motorhome . Question is,,,, is this a change in that you are now required as a MEMBER to book a minimum of two nights , if so I am seriously considering my future memberships. I have a feeling this may have been asked before on the forum .

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
Just a question from a Newbie
Been on the road now this 3 years and using both the main booking clubs for sites without any issues, I looked to book at Culzean Castle Camping and Caravanning Club Site which was my first stop after coming from the N.Ireland ferry to view the Culzean Castle and gardens before moving onward for the next 8 weeks touring . I only wanted a one night stop but was informed that all sites had a minimum of Two night stays. I happened to find another site within two miles on the same main road The Ranch Holiday Park, Culzean Road £35.50 for 2 persons with on pitch water and electric 7.5 motorhome . Question is,,,, is this a change in that you are now required as a MEMBER to book a minimum of two nights , if so I am seriously considering my future memberships. I have a feeling this may have been asked before on the forum .

Some specific sites have minimum stays. I seem to remember Chatsworth is minimum 3 nights???

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
On some (if not all) Caming and Caravanning club sites it is a minimum of two nights if you book. On the other hand if you turn up and they have room it is not an issue!! Once rang Cambridge to book one night and was told I had to have two but "we have plenty of room so if you turn up after 1pm you can stay for one night" Might be worth asking in future how busy they are before committing.

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
On some (if not all) Caming and Caravanning club sites it is a minimum of two nights if you book. On the other hand if you turn up and they have room it is not an issue!! Once rang Cambridge to book one night and was told I had to have two but "we have plenty of room so if you turn up after 1pm you can stay for one night" Might be worth asking in future how busy they are before committing.
Can confirm cambridge CCC site allows overnights this year, as we done one on a bank holiday Monday last BH Monday (not the one this week) as my wife had an appt at Cambridge the following morning, and this made it super easy to get in/out of the hospital on time instead of dealing with the rush hour.

Oct 5, 2023
N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 696f
Exp
MH 4 years Cruisers a life time
Thanks to all for the replies ,I am one that likes to book in advance and know where I am staying ( helps keeping peace with the wife) so to arrive on the hope of getting in only adds stress to the venture, we are after all TOURING ,so surly there could be a facility for one nighters for security reasons, to use a site, with nothing fancy, say a field near by, all would be away first thing next morning to continue their venture onwards .

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
Everyone should complain or not stay at over £40 per night.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back