Wifi Television and data usage when abroad (3 Viewers)

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
We just want to be able to access films from Netflix and Amazon Video, not terrestrial channels. Are you able to do that with Popit, without a VPN? Thank you.

You can access Netflix and Prime without a VPN when in other countries.
But the content, especially content made by third parties, will be different country to country, due to broadcast rights.
Content actually made by Netflix and Prime will be available worldwide.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
But the content, especially content made by third parties, will be different country to country, due to broadcast rights.
I couldn’t get Clarksons farm in Morocco even with a VPN but could get pottery throwdown and f1

OP
OP
AllesP
Dec 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail EKS
Exp
Since 1994
VPN was like anything else these days, download the app from the playstore, tick the box to say that you agree to anything and everything and let it sort itself out. Pretty easy.
But it really does depend how much internet you get through, if you're not going out of Europe, wouldnt the Popit sim be a logical next step for you
I think it might be as we aren't going out of Europe. Thank you.

OP
OP
AllesP
Dec 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail EKS
Exp
Since 1994
Thank you very much. Sounds good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
AllesP
Dec 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail EKS
Exp
Since 1994
Just an idea, have you thought about buying a large mem stick and downloading movies you want to watch before you leave, done this a few times and works well.
Oh, what a great idea! As long as the Avtex wifi TV has a USB port for the memory stick that could be the answer. Thank you very much. 🤗👍

OP
OP
AllesP
Dec 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail EKS
Exp
Since 1994
I never seem to have time to watch TV when I'm south of Dover so all I really miss is the News. However, if the world gets blown up or something important, I'm sure I'll hear about it.
It's really just for wet or cold nights when were not sitting outside.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We have been averaging around 9gb per day on this trip with our Tiekom 300 go sim that tv in evening and two smart phones and iPad.
Unfortunately Vodafone es have changed the rules now and you can only use 18 go outside of Spain so will be looking for a different supplier next trip🤔

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Oh, what a great idea! As long as the Avtex wifi TV has a USB port for the memory stick that could be the answer. Thank you very much. 🤗👍
Doesn't have to be a memory stick mine has a 1Tb hard drive velcroed on the back of it with loads of films we don't watch, as well as a firestick getting loads of programmes we don't watch either. Swmbo insists on having a TV, says we might get a rainy week and want to watch something.
We will however be watching the coronation in Spain, only the second in my lifetime and I was a bit young for the last one and we didn't have a TV.

OP
OP
AllesP
Dec 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail EKS
Exp
Since 1994
Doesn't have to be a memory stick mine has a 1Tb hard drive velcroed on the back of it with loads of films we don't watch, as well as a firestick getting loads of programmes we don't watch either. Swmbo insists on having a TV, says we might get a rainy week and want to watch something.
We will however be watching the coronation in Spain, only the second in my lifetime and I was a bit young for the last one and we didn't have a TV.
Oh, so an external hard drive will work with the wifi TV as well? Do you download your films from Prime Video or other similar apps? Thanks in advance.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Oh, so an external hard drive will work with the wifi TV as well? Do you download your films from Prime Video or other similar apps? Thanks in advance.
You can download from BBC iPlayer. Also channel 4 (all4). You can also download from itv (itvX) if you pay 5.99 per month.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Do you use any particular software to rip the DVD’s?
I’ve used the same DVD Ripper for years. I’ll need to fire up the Desktop to get specifics. It’s called DVD Ripper but is not current. It does the job so we’ll I’ve not looked at a replacement tho.

I make an ISO file from the DVD. Then put the ISO onto my Media Player.
There, it can be loaded as a DVD by the Media Player or from other devices over the network via an app like VLC.
The ISO files I need away from the home network can be copied to a USB drive (y)

Handbrake is another popular DVD Ripper.

Aug 15, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
Sprinter conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi everybody, we had BT sims and used our data with no cut off when using our Fire stick in France and Spain since 2019. Now with EE and for a charge of £10 any given month allows full use of all our data. It’s a no brainer for us and the satellite system is being removed next week. It’s a Maxview Cube if any body is interested.
39D32762-F4E0-44D6-8715-C05C2104FDAD.jpeg

May 5, 2022
Kidsgrove, North Staffordshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B778 PL
Exp
Since 1992
I am currently watching the film A Cruel Sea via my Fire Stick. I am connected to the site broadband. The Fire Stick is using 1.2 MB/s.

Hopefully someone with a bit of knowledge might know what this works out at .

Mar 16, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore
Hi everyone - We will be travelling in France soon with a wifi TV for the first time. Can anyone advise me approximately how much data a TV uses, please?
We are in Spain now and have been for two months. We use a mobile Wi-Fi unit (can but then for around €50) we the buy a Spanish sim for €20, gives 140gb data and lasts for 1month. We have a Firestick and stream tv and Netflix uses about 2 gb an hour sometimes less.

Oct 8, 2016
Tunbridge Wells
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ok I’ve not read every thread here but I’m trying out Holafly when we go to Germany in April for 10 days. It’s an eSIM that gives you unlimited data apparently. You buy it in advance and when you’re out of the UK you activate it. I selected the 10 day package for £28.54 (I should have elected to pay in Euros via Revolut but used Clarity instead). I need the unlimited data aspect as I can use my phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot and also to pair up with Apple Play on my SatNav. Be interested if anyone else has used Holafly and how they found it. I’ll repost on return with my experience.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back