Marks and Spencers Tinned Curry (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Does anyone remember a Vesta curry?
It was in a box.
Don’t think they sell it nowadays
They do ... hubby got one a while back which had been reduced to see if they'd changed ... they have ... they're no longer 'just' crap but ;totally and utterly' crap!

Wow!
I’m going to buy a pack for my wife for Xmas as she always reminisces about them 🤣
Thank you!
Are you hoping to survive until Boxing Day?

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
They do ... hubby got one a while back which had been reduced to see if they'd changed ... they have ... they're no longer 'just' crap but ;totally and utterly' crap!

Are you hoping to survive until Boxing Day?
🤣🤣 I keep telling her she’s so lucky
But no, I don’t think I will 🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
It’s been a while since I had an M&S tinned curry so thought I’d try a chicken tikka masala. It was absolute crap! Chicken good quality but the sauce was glutinous and not very curry like. Now, for next Friday we have 2 tins of the original chicken curry to try and I just hope it’s as good as I last remember it.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Heating food in their tins always takes me back to Boy Scout camp, two holes punched into the lid of a can of Heinz chicken soup with the obligatory sheath knife and placed onto the embers of the camp fire. Several of us sitting around wondering why the steam had stopped venting out of the holes, closely followed by a chicken/napalm like explosion !

I love this related painting by Martin van Dukkum, "single bloke living" in a nutshell, well it would be for me ! :LOL:
View attachment 625812
is that a young funster with a taste for fray bentos pies?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It’s been a while since I had an M&S tinned curry so thought I’d try a chicken tikka masala. It was absolute crap! Chicken good quality but the sauce was glutinous and not very curry like. Now, for next Friday we have 2 tins of the original chicken curry to try and I just hope it’s as good as I last remember it.
You do know you are supposed to heat it up don't you? 😄

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Couscous (super quick & easy) & bulgar wheat (few minutes cooking time) are our alternatives to rice & essential stock in the motorhome. Have tried a couple of the M&S curries & added grated carrot (couple minutes softened in pan before adding curry) & pulses to make a more substantial tasty meal.

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Sent my stoker to put a huge catering tin of tomatoe soup to heat on a steam manifold for the middle watchmen... did it every night.. no problems.. not this time.... yep he did not pierce tin....
Spent next week painting the lagging in the engine room.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
…. cooking a chicken (that escaped from the freezer) by sticking it under a steam drain.

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
In Morrisons yesterday and noticed FB pies were £2, I'm sure they only used to be a quid. Not only now meat free but more expensive. Not that I was going to buy, just saw them.
Retrieved some unused Bentos Pies from the boat the other day and thought we would give them a try again. Oh dear! In the bin they went. Used to love them. They were the extra 30% meat ones as well, but 30% of very little is not much! We will now just continue with our Dewdneys pasties in the freezer for each sailing from now on.

Cobra

Free Member
Oct 21, 2020
Durham
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail EKS
Exp
Since 2020
Ok… so… on recommendation of the guys n gals here… I tried M&S tinned ‘hot chicken curry’ yesterday with an M&S naan bread
I thought I’ll try before adding to ‘reserve’ in MoHo

OMG!
Why didn’t I know about this before?

Two tins added to the MoHo straight away
Have to try other M&S tins now..

Andy

Aug 31, 2021
Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Camping since 1995, VW van (2009), MH (2015), PVC from 2022.
Howdy, y’all

Well, we didn’t want to miss out on all these exciting flavours, so we picked up a couple of packs of Idahoan mash from our local Tesco. We will take them away on our next trip …..

Unfortunately, Tesco had run out of their version of tinned chicken in white sauce. So, it looks like we’ll have to buy the M&S or Sainsburys version (which we prefer anyway). Served with quick-cook rice, this has for many years been one of our favourite quick meals when camping (much to the disgust of our children). We always keep a tin in the emergency box.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Think myself & first husband lived on Vesta meals and anything else that would survive without a fridge in 1971!

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Tried a tin of the M&S Beef Madras
If you can get past what it looks like , it was actually quite tasty 👍
The pre cooked rice however has that processed food taste ☹️

May 5, 2022
Kidsgrove, North Staffordshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B778 PL
Exp
Since 1992
This is always a tasty meal to have in the cupboard. Lasts for years. Nice with some rice or chips.

20220818_152646~2.jpg

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Are you taking the p1ss ?? They are bad quality dog food at best.
Taking "The Piss" is a bit strong,, but yes I was being facetious..
Thought everyone would have enough nonce to realise that... Oh well maybe not everyone!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Taking "The Piss" is a bit strong,, but yes I was being facetious..
Thought everyone would have enough nonce to realise that... Oh well maybe not everyone!
Geoff lives in Poland and has done for 11 years so may not be quite so familiar with our 'love' of FB pies! :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back