Marks and Spencers Tinned Curry (1 Viewer)

Jun 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bessaccar
Exp
We dont often eat tinned food but i have been looking for some good emergency rations for the store cupboard that are not fray bentos dogmeat pies.

Gotta recommend the £3 a tin M&S tinned beef madras (400g). Just heat it, boil some rice and you have a light meal for two. Just the right amount of spice, this incredible tinned food product is better then the average take-away and you would never know it was tinned. absolutely brilliant. I am off down to Marks and Sparks to get a few more tins tomorrow. Really - this stuff is the best. I have made myself humgry just posting this. If I had another tin I would be opening it right now.

They also do a chicken one.

I am not sponsored in any way by Marks and Spencers.

ROCHESB

Free Member
Mar 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
Itineo SB740
Exp
SInce 2002
Our emergency rations usually include a couple of tins of Sainsburys chicken curry (jalfrezi & tikka) and a box of 'boil in the bag' basmati rice. Sainsburys do a nice chicken in white wine sauce too, nice with a few new potatoes & peas

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Our emergency rations usually include a couple of tins of Sainsburys chicken curry (jalfrezi & tikka) and a box of 'boil in the bag' basmati rice. Sainsburys do a nice chicken in white wine sauce too, nice with a few new potatoes & peas
I understand emergency rations for emergencies, I.E. long life tins and packets.... but new potatoes and peas????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
My sort of student meal, that! Come back Vesta, all is forgiven
DDD3E64B-78AC-4568-9AEA-03E412D05275.png

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I had an Asda tinned chicken Vindaloo and it was nice. Bought a couple more tins but the (misplaced) thought of tinned curry puts me off it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Wasn’t that (Vindaloo) a song…….?? :unsure: ;)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
We dont often eat tinned food but i have been looking for some good emergency rations for the store cupboard that are not fray bentos dogmeat pies.

Gotta recommend the £3 a tin M&S tinned beef madras (400g). Just heat it, boil some rice and you have a light meal for two. Just the right amount of spice, this incredible tinned food product is better then the average take-away and you would never know it was tinned. absolutely brilliant. I am off down to Marks and Sparks to get a few more tins tomorrow. Really - this stuff is the best. I have made myself humgry just posting this. If I had another tin I would be opening it right now.

We like M&S tinned chunky Steak

ROCHESB

Free Member
Mar 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
Itineo SB740
Exp
SInce 2002
I understand emergency rations for emergencies, I.E. long life tins and packets.... but new potatoes and peas????
The emergency rations were the currys & rice. The chicken, potato & peas was a throw-away comment about how nice the chicken was....

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988

We buy M&S tinned Chicken in White Wine sauce and then add our own spices, sometimes curry, sometimes Moroccan etc. it works well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back