22 model Adria Twin Supreme 640 SLB new owner review (2 Viewers)

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Hi ontheroadagain I was concerned about adding a tap would make the output very low for getting a bucket under but the technician removed the curved end of the pipe and fitted the tap where that was. I don’t think the overall height is any lower as a result of doing it that way.

I asked the after sales manager to explain how it all worked so I could better understand it and it appears the original valve is an integrated part of the waste tank and the cable mechanism goes to a part that connects into it, hence when the support flexes the connection comes out and won’t turn the valve.

I did ask if it were to jam closed could 2 people likely get it free by one operating the cables with the other under the van pressing the connection back into the valve. He said possibly. You can see the cables and support just to the left if the tap

View attachment 712284I was opposed to a tap at first but now think this is a much simpler and safer option. It’s a standard Motorhome waste tap, I think they’re about £10 on eBay 😜
Hi royandsharont,
how did your dealer fix that?
Or he hasn't come up with a solution?
We had the same issue today :cry:
What a bad system of emptying the greys from Adria...

OP
OP
royandsharont
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Peavy My dealer said the safest and foolproof way of fixing it for me was the adding of the tap at the end of the pipe and ignore the Adria valve at the tank altogether. This meant leaving the valve open, as it was, and just bonding the tap on. So that is what happened. No problems ever thereafter.

The problem is the design puts tons of pressure on the mounting support where the cables end up turning the valve. The fitment flexes under the tension and the spindle comes out of the valve head so it doesn’t turn the valve only the spindle.

I have a friend who’s still works, badly, but I’ve met others who have had problems.

Adria still have not sorted out a fix.

Brownhills I was told used cable ties to make the support more rigid on one van but the owner later put his own tap on as per Facebook suggestions. It is an in line valve out of sight just near the end but it means having to get on your knees to reach under and turn it. One owner who’d done the same wasn’t keen on that aspect of using it that way, as you open the valve the water pours out and your on the ground ☹️.

Hope I’ve explained it well enough for you. I don’t use Facebook at all but understand from others they like the Twinny section.
Good luck, Roy

OP
OP
royandsharont
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Update, have now done 3 long trips in the van, Scotland, Spain & France over 20+ weeks camping

Loving the van more as we settle in with the space compromises.

Driving it in auto is pure joy and 6.36m gives great ease of parking with a lot of storage space too, would have liked a tad more payload but could upscale if wanted to without a problem.

Adria have done well with the design I feel and the finish is generally excellent.

Engine & base vehicle has not put a foot wrong in the 7k miles. Love the ability to change speedo to kph whilst keeping the odo in miles for my benefit.

Lots of admirers and you can see why, it looks beautiful in our metallic silver with the graphics and darkened glass, and this is after 7 weeks away. I think the ceramic coating helps massively in keeping it looking clean. It certainly paid for itself when I spilt a glass of red over the dinette this trip, all came out 😊

IMG_1915.jpeg

IMG_1916.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Hi Peavy My dealer said the safest and foolproof way of fixing it for me was the adding of the tap at the end of the pipe and ignore the Adria valve at the tank altogether. This meant leaving the valve open, as it was, and just bonding the tap on. So that is what happened. No problems ever thereafter.

The problem is the design puts tons of pressure on the mounting support where the cables end up turning the valve. The fitment flexes under the tension and the spindle comes out of the valve head so it doesn’t turn the valve only the spindle.

I have a friend who’s still works, badly, but I’ve met others who have had problems.

Adria still have not sorted out a fix.

Brownhills I was told used cable ties to make the support more rigid on one van but the owner later put his own tap on as per Facebook suggestions. It is an in line valve out of sight just near the end but it means having to get on your knees to reach under and turn it. One owner who’d done the same wasn’t keen on that aspect of using it that way, as you open the valve the water pours out and your on the ground ☹️.

Hope I’ve explained it well enough for you. I don’t use Facebook at all but understand from others they like the Twinny section.
Good luck, Roy
Thank you for your detailed answer (y)

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
I believe within 14 days of purchase.

Check with the dealer beforehand.

It seems that if they are also a Fiat Professional garage they can do it.

If they have no idea, or more likely can't be bothered, there are Fiat Professional garages that will do it for you, Adams Morey have been mentioned on the forum.
Yup.Not all m/h dealers promote it but Adams Morey sorted mine easily enough

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Last week I went to the dealer in Barcelona to solve some issues (broken blind, broken remi, the grey water valve...)
They updated my control panel. If anyone interested, here's a link from Adria (YT video), where you can download the software with instructions.
Cheers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2014
Great Totham
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Ah so an update to make it work properly. The water level gauges are useless and I think the temp readings are well off.

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Ah so an update to make it work properly. The water level gauges are useless and I think the temp readings are well off.
What I found different (not so much TBH):
  • The shunt readings are different, now the amps have a + sign when charging the batteries (before, there was only the - sign when consuming).
  • The "screen timeout" option must now be set to a time value (there is no longer the option to "never" turn off the screen).
  • A new option in the menu, you can now select between AGM or LiFePo battery to adapt your volt readings by displaying %
  • Very slight changes to the menu design.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back