22 model Adria Twin Supreme 640 SLB new owner review (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
royandsharont
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Good news šŸ˜Š
Adria updated their App today and it said it was to fix bugs in operating the Truma heating system. Well mine all appears to work as it should now. Not absolutely certain it altered the power source settings all the time but itā€™s a vast improvement.

Bobbydaisy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
You can buy one if the same bore size from pond supply company, thatā€™s what I did on my Adria , a straight coupling and short length of pipe from beyond the existing valve mechanism ( to remove it totally) to the new tap. I will dig out a photo, pipe and valve came in same colour only the tap valve had orange handle , although it made it easier to see it in the dark šŸ˜²

Phil89a

Free Member
Apr 22, 2021
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
The Adria Mach control system, used via an App, has always worked all the Adria controls for everything electrical. But it should, but does not, talk to the Truma heating control. Still does not work and awaiting more from Adria. Thankfully the Truma control works fine on its own and iNet is no longer available.
Hi Roy - Adria have fixed the App Truma problem with an update that came out this week (for iPhones anyway). There is still a snag that it wonā€™t pickup what the heating source is. Change to Elec-2 on the app, it will change the Truma setting but the app goes back to showing Elec-1. This has been passed back to the developers so I am expecting a fix in the next week or so.

OP
OP
royandsharont
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Thatā€™s good to know Phil89a, thanks, at least I know I wasnā€™t imagining things now šŸ˜œ

How are you doing keeping your cab battery topped up from your solar since you got it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Phil89a

Free Member
Apr 22, 2021
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
Thatā€™s good to know Phil89a, thanks, at least I know I wasnā€™t imagining things now šŸ˜œ

How are you doing keeping your cab battery topped up from your solar since you got it.
All going well thanks Roy. Solar seems to do the job well šŸ˜€

Off to get 360 degree cameras fitted next week; still canā€™t get use to corners I canā€™t see šŸ˜‚. But as they record all the time, it saves on a dashcam šŸ‘

OP
OP
royandsharont
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Good news šŸ˜Š
Adria updated their App today and it said it was to fix bugs in operating the Truma heating system. Well mine all appears to work as it should now. Not absolutely certain it altered the power source settings all the time but itā€™s a vast improvement.
Well done Adria, at last, the App was updated yesterday and the power source etc is working so I think everything is working as it should now.

Latest small issue discovered. Inside the small Dometic oven there is a pull out heat deflector for when grilling. A magnetic plate is pop riveted to the deflector with a rubber pad, and I think possibly a fibre insert too. Well it is all rusting or oozing rusty coloured liquid when steamed or condensed up over winter. My friends is exactly the same. Itā€™s getting replaced.

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Well it is all rusting or oozing rusty coloured liquid
I had the same Roy, oven replaced under warranty.

So far warranty repairs / replacements have been kitchen tap, shower door retainer, rear door strap, main control panel (twice), Electroblock EBL, truma boiler pcb, 240v mains unit, rear door opening mechanism adjustment (three times) and kitchen drawer catch adjustment. Iā€™m sure there were more issues I canā€™t remember just now. Wish Iā€™d taken out the extended warranty as so far the build quality and equipment reliability has been shocking and itā€™s now out of warranty. Mind you I could sell it back to them today for Ā£15k more than I paid for it!

On the plus side my Fogstar lithium 280ah fitted today, fitting the battery was a breeze, removing the seat first a complete pain! Had toyed with the idea of an inverter but no room under the seat so no idea where Iā€™d put it.

OP
OP
royandsharont
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Andy MacD. Thatā€™s a lot of things Andy ā˜¹ļø What is this extended warranty your on about, Iā€™ve not been offered anything.

Did they say what was the cause of the rusting and has it happened to the replacement?

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
On the plus side my Fogstar lithium 280ah fitted today, fitting the battery was a breeze, removing the seat first a complete pain! Had toyed with the idea of an inverter but no room under the seat so no idea where Iā€™d put it.
On my van i removed the plastic cover from the rear of the seat base and fitted a piece of ply. Then mounted an inverter to the ply.

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
What is this extended warranty
I only found out later that you can apply to Fiat to extent your warranty however I believe it must be done within 2 weeks of registration and isnā€™t easy.

cause of the rusting and has it happened to the replacement
Condensation from steam during cooking. Not looked to see if happening again but I expect it will. We wrap the grill pan in a tea towel to stop rattles so the towel collects any rusty drips.

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
I only found out later that you can apply to Fiat to extent your warranty however I believe it must be done within 2 weeks of registration and isnā€™t easy.

Condensation from steam during cooking. Not looked to see if happening again but I expect it will. We wrap the grill pan in a tea towel to stop rattles so the towel collects any rusty drips.
Correct but only applies to the the Fiat base vehicle not the habitation side which is the responsibility; in your case of Adria. I had no problem with the MOPAR extended warranty. Took all the information to Chelston Motorhomes a Fiat Professional agent and a rival to my dealer Highbridge who are not a Fiat Professional Agent and they took the money and signed me up no problem.

OP
OP
royandsharont
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012

Ah yes I got that warranty, I thought you meant the Adria side.

Yes we do similar, thatā€™s how I noticed the brown substance had dropped onto it. You need to be a contortionist in these vans to see inside the very top of the oven.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
royandsharontā€¦.. coming to this late, but thanks for the review.

The Adria Twin Supreme 640SLB is shaping up as my next PVC. I was looking at one at the NEC and was talking prices with the dealer (Highbridge). The display model was equipped with the soft close door which he described as ā€˜something you wouldnā€™t want as theyā€™re always giving trouble. Is that your experience? I hired a van once (in NZ) fitted with a soft close system that needed running repairs throughout the holiday so a bit wary.

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
I had the same Roy, oven replaced under warranty.

So far warranty repairs / replacements have been kitchen tap, shower door retainer, rear door strap, main control panel (twice), Electroblock EBL, truma boiler pcb, 240v mains unit, rear door opening mechanism adjustment (three times) and kitchen drawer catch adjustment. Iā€™m sure there were more issues I canā€™t remember just now. Wish Iā€™d taken out the extended warranty as so far the build quality and equipment reliability has been shocking and itā€™s now out of warranty. Mind you I could sell it back to them today for Ā£15k more than I paid for it!

That's a lot of warranty work, Andy. Our Twin Supreme SLB 640 is due end of June, beginning July although I'm not holding my breath given some of the delay times for Fiat based vehicles. Given that our purchasing dealer is over 200 miles from us I was relieved this morning to find that my local motorhome service and repair place is also Adria accredited and will do warranty work! It's good to read yours and Roy's and others contribution to this thread, I'll have a few things to ask come collection day, whenever that comes around!

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
will do warranty work
You got that in writing? I bought my van 100 miles away as they had one as dealer order (ordered by me Oct 20). Local Adria dealer would do warranty work but only if I paid up front, i would have to do the warranty claim to Adria myself.

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
You got that in writing? I bought my van 100 miles away as they had one as dealer order (ordered by me Oct 20). Local Adria dealer would do warranty work but only if I paid up front, i would have to do the warranty claim to Adria myself.
They are not a dealer, they are an Adria Approved Service Centre. I spoke to them this morning and they said that if there was a problem then as long as Adria approved then they would do the work. They are a good company, Iv'e used them before. It's maybe worth looking for and approved Adria workshop. I suspect my local Adria dealer would say the same as the response you have had, they are a bit above themselves is a polite way of putting it!

OP
OP
royandsharont
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
royandsharontā€¦.. coming to this late, but thanks for the review.

The Adria Twin Supreme 640SLB is shaping up as my next PVC. I was looking at one at the NEC and was talking prices with the dealer (Highbridge). The display model was equipped with the soft close door which he described as ā€˜something you wouldnā€™t want as theyā€™re always giving trouble. Is that your experience? I hired a van once (in NZ) fitted with a soft close system that needed running repairs throughout the holiday so a bit wary.
Iā€™ve opened & closed the door hundreds of times and never once had a problem. I think itā€™s great.

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
They are not a dealer, they are an Adria Approved Service Centre. I spoke to them this morning and they said that if there was a problem then as long as Adria approved then they would do the work. They are a good company, Iv'e used them before. It's maybe worth looking for and approved Adria workshop. I suspect my local Adria dealer would say the same as the response you have had, they are a bit above themselves is a polite way of putting it!
As an add on to above, the problems seem to arise from time allocations that Adria allow for specific jobs. If Adria deem a job can be done in an hour and it takes two hours then there can be a shortfall. Motorhome dealers have bigger overheads(staff, showrooms, ground rent etc) than service centres so hourly charges are generally higher. Thats what I was told anyway.

Jul 31, 2023
Funster No
MH
adris twinsport LHD
Following on from the delivery delays thread started by dash300 I said I would do a review of my new arrival in a separate thread and highlight some of the latest changes, so here goes.

We collected our new 22 model Adria Twin Supreme 640 SLB a week last Monday, Britains hottest day on record, from the dealer, Peter Roberts Caravans & Motorhomes of Huddersfield. HERE I must say as a new customer to this dealer I have been impressed with their attitude to customer service since day one back in March 2021 and Andy Roberts, in particular, has helped us through the challenging and disappointing times the delays have brought us. Especially since we sold our old Bessacarr in March 2021 too before ordering this one.

The van finally arrived in the metallic silver we originally ordered, and it looks absolutely beautiful. We have received the 2021 new anniversary release base vehicle, a Fiat Ducato, with the new 2.2 engine and 9 speed automatic gearbox. I chose the 140 bhp version and whilst my driving style will be happy with this power level I am sure the larger output engines would prove more enjoyable to drive, at a price of course.

We also got additional safety features, such as traction control, hill descent control, lane safety warning, emergency breaking, which I have not visited yet, an updated dashboard and front end, new 16ā€ alloy wheels, a wireless phone charging shelf and an electric parking brake system. The latter is not the same as my Skoda car, fully automatic but I believe it is semi automatic and you also are instructed to apply/release the brake before/After engaging the P.

As a new automatic driver I am not sure if some of the times the vehicle was held was due to the creep of the vehicle itself when resting on an incline. It certainly did not automatically hold me on a decline in a queue of traffic at a roundabout like I was expecting it to.

The dashboard is the analogue 2 dials with a central 3.5ā€ LED screen giving information but I am unable to get it to show me the odometer readings, but it is early days. I have cruise control and speed limiter. Road speed information and warning if exceeding and this is as far as Iā€™ve got. It came with a quick guide which was pretty useless, and I had to download the full manual. Iā€™m sure I will get there with all the bits and bobs with the passage of time.

It didnā€™t have LED headlights or running lights, the large strobe indicators I was hoping for in particular so as to be more readily seen or the smart rear view mirror. It did have the latest Uconnect 7ā€ infotainment centre which comes with Apple or android connectivity but no independent sat navigation system, which Iā€™m pleased about really. Also the air conditioning was the older cab version and not the intended climate control.

I have been impressed so far with the almost indistinguishable gear change of the new auto box and the relatively comfortable drive of the new chassis/suspension. I previously had the Maxi chassis and over 3.5t on a coach built vehicle.The auto stop start system worked well too.

Some of the immediately noticeable points are the vertical lift cab screen blind, it means I cannot see any of the bonnet from my driving position and also there is a lot of glass at the bottom that I cannot access with a hand, which I felt was lost space for the required screen stickers that I shall have to get. The one piece side window cab blinds also feel a little flimsy as their full open side is not held in any frame. The top of the windscreen has a very large black box which houses all the cameras etc and I keep looking up at it thinking it is an internal smart mirror. This does mean there is a good place for the dash camera adjacent the box.

The habitation side of things are really positive. It has a feel of luxury about it and the greys and onyx colours blend well together. It appears well constructed and thought out with expensive fittings. The clever folding door in the bathroom is a real bonus for when we use the shower. Having downsized from a much larger interior we knew things would be difficult to get used to but having just had three nights away to read all the books and try to understand all the controls we are feeling we have definitely made the right decision. Yes we cannot pass each other in the not so long central corridor but we are impressed with the light and airy feel to the dinette, a thing we disliked in other PVCā€™s. Yes the wall mounted TV is a bit closer and higher than we have been used to but we can actually sit quite comfortable in the cab seats and watch it.

The oven and grill both work and we tested them both, with the hob, by having a toasted sandwich for lunch followed by a beef & 4 veg dinner, albeit the roast beef was reheated in the oven rather than cooked from scratch. We didnā€™t miss the microwave but did miss the larger washing up bowl and work surfaces. Despite this we washed all the pots in the van over the 3 days and the hot water was very hot indeed. The heating system of the Truma Combi E proved good and effective but I would have preferred more control over the fan settings having only got eco and high. We did have a pretty effectivevent cooling system though which could be used by turning the heating and hot water systems off. The electronic thermostat and heating timer was very good.

We chose the 84L fridge with small freezer compartment over the larger 153L option as with the latter you got no hanging wardrobe space and for our camping lifestyle this was a choice we wanted. Yes it did seem small but the compressor fridge was very efficient, quiet and very effective. So much so I was very impressed and the fridge was very cold all the time.

The 2 leisure batteries and vehicle battery seem to be well cared for with the B2B system and standard optional solar panel and when on EHU they both charged well. The Trauma and Adria Mach control system, which came as standard on this van, was both new to us and took some getting used to. Unfortunately the Adria books were for the previous modelā€™s fittings so there were no instructions. The Adria Mach worked well on their App which was easier to control than the control panel. It is a pity the two control panels are not integrated into the one App despite looking as though they are.

The beds I thought were excellent although Sharon would have preferred her side to have been a little bit longer like mine. I thought the mattresses were excellent quality and gave me a good nightā€™s sleep. I was impressed with all the window blinds which let very little light in around the edges and the insulation appears to be very good.

The below the bed garage space is excellent really for a vehicle this size, 6.36m, but I did bang my head a number oftimes having been used to a much larger one that I could physically climb inside even when fully loaded. There are 2 storage cupboards/shelves behind the gas locker which hide a very large amount of space which has come in very useful and we managed to get almost everything in from the Bessacarreven if it was harder to access items individually without moving something else.

I had borrowed an Altera Strada DL3 bike rack to test on the tow bar the dealer had fitted but I have to drop the ball hook to the lower sockets, and/or add a spacer to be able to fully open the rear doors. That will get resolved tomorrow at my local towing shop.

The Phantom Sentinel S7 alarm & tracker the dealer had fitted appears to be a good system and the customer service from them has been impressive so far. All worked from an App which gives lots of useful information and I can even let others track where I am, such as family etc, if I choose to. Andy Roberts put me in contact with a Fiat Professional dealer to provide the 5 year extended warranty too, at a cost of Ā£866.66, which I decided to take out.

The soft close side door, enhanced by the electrically assisted closing, is fantastic. No woosh bang for us and I am pleased we finally decided to have that rather expensive option to save all the moaners and groaners from tutting at us.

Problems encountered so far are few but I will list them for completeness. The oven & grill igniter is hit and miss so on occasions we had to resort to lighting it with a gas lighter. The Adria Mach control panel seems a little sensitive, I awoke this morning to find the water pump off and couldnā€™t get it on again at the panel. I did manage to do it with ease via the App, and later did it from the panel too, so am not sure if it is actually user error or not. The large side door flyscreen came out of itā€™s footing on day 1 of camping. Not sure if Sharon was a bit heavy handed or not but I fixed it and the dealer has ordered the Adria metal fix for this problem.

The day after handover we had the van ceramic coated by Supremecoat UK at their new premises in Dronfield, Derbyshire. Supremecoat UK I invested in this expensive extra in the hope it makes life much easier taking care of our new pride and joy. It looked fantastic on day one and still looks good now. I can wash it now after 7 days and will soon place a review of the process I encountered.

For any Funster interested I have been given a Ā£150 discount code that I can give to fellow Motorhomefun members that they can use off the full price as listed on their website.

Well its late in the day now so I am going to close and add some photos before retiring for the night after a very busy 4 days putting it through itā€™s paces. Sharon has named him Addy and for those who use Instagram you can follow our travels, as we have done before with Bessie the Bessacarr, under the username of RKT_640.

Regards, Roy & Sharon

View attachment 646729View attachment 646730View attachment 646731View attachment 646732
Great report. Do you have a link to download the manual. We bought ours in Switzerland and the manual is in German. We now have huge electrical problems an can only deduce that it may be fuses in the ā€˜ electro boxā€™ that we cannot locate. Wish we had got the electric door closing, they make a racket. Do you know if this can be fitted afterwards?
Thanks in advance to all

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
If your's is 2021 onwards model, and if you mean the EBL manual, is this one attached here.

Cheers

Attachments

• 8110268_2021-08-06_EBL227_BA_EN.pdf
    409.6 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
royandsharont
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Great report. Do you have a link to download the manual. We bought ours in Switzerland and the manual is in German. We now have huge electrical problems an can only deduce that it may be fuses in the ā€˜ electro boxā€™ that we cannot locate. Wish we had got the electric door closing, they make a racket. Do you know if this can be fitted afterwards?
Thanks in advance to all
doyleytwinsport Thank you, which manual are you after, I have most of them as pdf documents. The Schaudt electroblok on ours is under the drivers seat and I couldnā€™t find an English version.

The house style 240v fuse box is under the dinette seat.

The electric side door looks like it could be fitted aftermarket but I have no real knowledge of how etc

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
doyleytwinsport Thank you, which manual are you after, I have most of them as pdf documents. The Schaudt electroblok on ours is under the drivers seat and I couldnā€™t find an English version.

The house style 240v fuse box is under the dinette seat.

The electric side door looks like it could be fitted aftermarket but I have no real knowledge of how etc

royandsharont,​

above your post I left the link to the Schnaudt (now branded as Lippert) EBL 227 owner manual you have in your van (in English) ;)

OP
OP
royandsharont
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks Peavy for this. Iā€™d tried to get everything electronic last year but this, in English, and the Adria manual were the only ones I couldnā€™t get for ease of travelling with. I wonder why they branded it as slippery now, my German manual says Schaudt

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Thanks Peavy for this. Iā€™d tried to get everything electronic last year but this, in English, and the Adria manual were the only ones I couldnā€™t get for ease of travelling with. I wonder why they branded it as slippery now, my German manual says Schaudt
I believe they are a US company. Anyway, they acquired Schaudt recently, and now, all or some Schaudt components are branded like Lippert.
Though I got the manual through the Schaudt web page, asking them with my best german :LOL:

Aug 31, 2021
Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Camping since 1995, VW van (2009), MH (2015), PVC from 2022.
Yes - Schaudt is now part of the Lippert group, based in USA.

I had the same problem with their manuals as supplied by the converter ( all in German). I managed to download English versions from their website.

Iā€™ve included a link to their index page below.

You can select Elektroblock from the ā€œMerkmale/Kategorieā€ dialogue box. If you scroll down (itā€™s a long list), you will see that some of the documentation is available in English.

Hope itā€™s of use.
Les

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
I have a question, royandsharont, and other Adria Mach users with the '22 Twin model.

Do you have the Truma heater and the Thetford fridge in the Mach app? And if so, what can you control from there related to these two?

My van came with the wiring pre-installed (CI bus), but my dealer said Adria was having trouble at that time to make it work properly, and, unfortunatelly, my van didn't came with the system (did exit the Adria factory in august '22).

That was disapointing as I was looking forward to have it.

What is your assessment of the overall performance of this system?

Thank you.

OP
OP
royandsharont
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Peavy I have it all but only Bluetooth. Our van was built July 2022. At first it did not work properly from trying to switch it on and off plus no heating control or power source selection. That was fixed with a software update, eventually, in January 2023. It switched on and off as it should but I still could not access the heater. Then a week later the App got a fix and it all worked then.

It works really good but now I only tend to use it to control the fridge as I find the digital switch hard to change the settings.

I use it when at home on charge to check on the battery levels more than at any other time.

Glad we have it but itā€™s not essential. Never was a problem for our first 6 week trip to Scotland when it wasnā€™t working properly , didnā€™t use it in Spain for 8 week trip in March 23 when it was fully working. I think it has a level indicator on it but I havenā€™t used that as being 12v fridge not so important.

Hope this answers any questions you may have.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back