22 model Adria Twin Supreme 640 SLB new owner review (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Peavy I have it all but only Bluetooth. Our van was built July 2022. At first it did not work properly from trying to switch it on and off plus no heating control or power source selection. That was fixed with a software update, eventually, in January 2023. It switched on and off as it should but I still could not access the heater. Then a week later the App got a fix and it all worked then.

It works really good but now I only tend to use it to control the fridge as I find the digital switch hard to change the settings.

I use it when at home on charge to check on the battery levels more than at any other time.

Glad we have it but it’s not essential. Never was a problem for our first 6 week trip to Scotland when it wasn’t working properly , didn’t use it in Spain for 8 week trip in March 23 when it was fully working. I think it has a level indicator on it but I haven’t used that as being 12v fridge not so important.

Hope this answers any questions you may have.
Thanks for your answer, royandsharont.
I guess they had some issues like the ones you had,
I believe the dealer didn't wanted to be bothered with this and perhaps they had the option from Adria not to have it.
I understand is not essential, but I believe is an interesting option to have, from my point of view 😀

I believe the control module is installed in the cupboard like in the picture below?

1691129870789.png

OP
OP
royandsharont
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Yes it is in there, a box that fits in neatly fastened to the side. My Truma control is to the left of the Adria control panel, not in view here, but I don’t have those two things to the right. I see yours is not a U.K. model as there is no oven & LHD 😜

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Picture abobe was from catalogue 😅
But yes, mine's LHD and no oven!
I wonder why you brits want oven and spaniards or others don't? 🤔:giggle:

Anyway, here's mine right now, enjoying some wind, which helps with the heat wave here🥵
Cheers
IMG_20230805_143546.jpg

OP
OP
royandsharont
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I think your Truma may have the iNet logo visible so you can work that from the phone or internet if connected, I think. Mine doesn’t have that ability because it has the Adria system and I seem to recall the iNet may have been removed from Truma due to problems getting parts re pandemic sourcing

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
I think your Truma may have the iNet logo visible so you can work that from the phone or internet if connected, I think. Mine doesn’t have that ability because it has the Adria system and I seem to recall the iNet may have been removed from Truma due to problems getting parts re pandemic sourcing
Roy, I have the iNET logo on my Truma control panel, how would I know if it was active, as it doesn't pop up on Bluetooth? Am I to assume it is not activated being a 2022 van?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Roy, I have the iNET logo on my Truma control panel, how would I know if it was active, as it doesn't pop up on Bluetooth? Am I to assume it is not activated being a 2022 van?
As far as I know. The logo just means it is iNet compatible, you also need the little black box to control it which we had fitted later. Cost a bit but I use it a lot as a remote to control heating. Not had much joy sending text to it though probably haven’t activated sim or something but I’ve never checked. I have an Asda sim in it though.

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
True, the logo is there. But I don't have the Truma ibox you need for that (another piece of hardware), and, as you said is no longer available.
In the future, someday, I'll look to install the hardware necessary to have the Mach system :giggle:
Thank you for your feedback!
Gracias!

Aug 6, 2020
North Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2014
Picture abobe was from catalogue 😅
But yes, mine's LHD and no oven!
I wonder why you brits want oven and spaniards or others don't? 🤔:giggle:

Anyway, here's mine right now, enjoying some wind, which helps with the heat wave here🥵
CheersView attachment 791246
Oven/Grill - Brits like their morning toast and roast dinner! Spaniards and other continentals have the luxury of nicer weather to enjoy the outdoor cooking and BBQs more 😉😎

OP
OP
royandsharont
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I’m pretty sure it won’t be available in your van. ☹️ I believe if it isn’t visible on Bluetooth then it’s not there.

gordonlewis

Free Member
Sep 4, 2023
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 746
Great review.

We have the 9 speed auto with the180 engine, great combination.
Just returned from France, covered 3100 miles, 31.9 mpg with an average speed of 44 mph.
Van has now done 13000 miles since delivery August 21.
Everything on both sides , ie Fiat and Adria working.
Had a couple of plastic door catches fail, I replaced those with aluminium ones I made myself.

Ally
Hi have you had any vibration when putting the 9 speed gearbox in Reverse, my one vibrates so much the plates rattle in the cupboards

gordonlewis

Free Member
Sep 4, 2023
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 746
Hi has anyone had any vibration problems when putting the 9 speed gearbox in Reverse, my one vibrates so much the plates rattle in the cupboards ,It just had a new gearbox fitted and is exactly the same. It drives perfectly well in the forward gears but when you have it in reverse and held on the brakes it makes a fair old noise and vibrates in my opinion way to much

Aji

Dec 8, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Sgx
Exp
Neen
Hi have you had any vibration when putting the 9 speed gearbox in Reverse, my one vibrates so much the plates rattle in the cupboards

Hello,

No vibration in forward or reverse, van done 19k miles.
Think you should get that checked out again , definitely something not right there.

gordonlewis

Free Member
Sep 4, 2023
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 746
Cheers thanks for that lads I will get back on to them again ,I still have a years guarantee so not so bad. They keep telling me it's quite normal for that to happen but atleast now I can go back to them with evidence of the opposite.

Finchy

Free Member
Oct 5, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Hi everyone, just found this site and thread and thought you would benefit from hearing about my recent attempted theft. I too purchased the twin supreme 640 gtx from Peter Roberts, there a great team, and it arrived in July 23. Have had similar issues with automatic break system in heavy rain (has anyone had that investigated by fiat?) and the habitation fly screen falling off (metal fixing is on back order). I think someone mentioned the Oven igniter was intermittent and I found there is a sensor that stops it working if the oven door is not fully open.

Unfortunately last week having returned from holiday, I found some scumbags had attempted to steal the motorhome from our driveway. I don't want to show the photo's of how they did it or explain the process but they made it look incredible easy, gaining enrty through the drivers door. They appear to have given up on the theft having failed to find the tracker which wasn't hidden behind all the various dash trims that they ripped out. They did however steal my electric MTB which was in the back under the bed as a consolation prize.

I have now fitted a proplate to the drivers lock which took all of an hour and cost £35 and sorted the damage. I am shocked as to why Fiat don't do this as standard or at least the insurers should insist they do given how easy they are to break into.

The other thing that baffles me is that the van does not appear to have a standard vehicle alarm, not that it would have been of any use as the first thing the thieves did was disable the horn, again another simple task enabled by a crap design location by fiat. I cannot find anything in manual provided with the vehicle so does anyone else know if it has any kind of standard alarm?

I have now fitted cameras to alert me to anyone being on the driveway and am looking to fit a pir in the van which will also do the same if someone gains entry. I have been looking at the vanolarm systems as I would prefer that they didn't even attempt to get in but they have mixed reviews and would appreciate any advice that other van owners have.

All in all, I appreciate if someone wants to get in they will (just smash a window) but it doesn't help when fiat make it even easier and we just have to pick up the costs of insurance premiums when were forced to make a claim. Luckily the total damage was less then £500 so not worth a claim for me but I'm still going through the motions with my home insurer about the bike theft and I don't think there going to cover the full replacement cost. Unless I can convince them that their policy wording is deliberately misleading.

Still enjoying using the van though and hope you all have safe travels.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Sorry to hear about your attempted theft. I think many of us are aware of the door locks as a weakness. However, information about whether Fiat has improved security is contradictory. I’ve heard some claim it’s been addressed in recent years while others say not?
Did they leave any clues as to how they intended to move the van or was it just a smash & grab the contents?
Is it a new van? I’ve got a 640SLB on order and am disappointed to learn of your problem with the flyscreen. It’s so common it’s obviously not fit for purpose and having to buy the bracket as an after sales item is scandalous. It should have been fixed by Adria a long time ago. I’ve got the Dometic screen on my current van which is now trash following the simple breaking of a draw string - string would cost pennies, replacement unit £400!
Good luck with the insurance company.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
Hi everyone, just found this site and thread and thought you would benefit from hearing about my recent attempted theft. I too purchased the twin supreme 640 gtx from Peter Roberts, there a great team, and it arrived in July 23. Have had similar issues with automatic break system in heavy rain (has anyone had that investigated by fiat?) and the habitation fly screen falling off (metal fixing is on back order). I think someone mentioned the Oven igniter was intermittent and I found there is a sensor that stops it working if the oven door is not fully open.

Unfortunately last week having returned from holiday, I found some scumbags had attempted to steal the motorhome from our driveway. I don't want to show the photo's of how they did it or explain the process but they made it look incredible easy, gaining enrty through the drivers door. They appear to have given up on the theft having failed to find the tracker which wasn't hidden behind all the various dash trims that they ripped out. They did however steal my electric MTB which was in the back under the bed as a consolation prize.

I have now fitted a proplate to the drivers lock which took all of an hour and cost £35 and sorted the damage. I am shocked as to why Fiat don't do this as standard or at least the insurers should insist they do given how easy they are to break into.

The other thing that baffles me is that the van does not appear to have a standard vehicle alarm, not that it would have been of any use as the first thing the thieves did was disable the horn, again another simple task enabled by a crap design location by fiat. I cannot find anything in manual provided with the vehicle so does anyone else know if it has any kind of standard alarm?

I have now fitted cameras to alert me to anyone being on the driveway and am looking to fit a pir in the van which will also do the same if someone gains entry. I have been looking at the vanolarm systems as I would prefer that they didn't even attempt to get in but they have mixed reviews and would appreciate any advice that other van owners have.

All in all, I appreciate if someone wants to get in they will (just smash a window) but it doesn't help when fiat make it even easier and we just have to pick up the costs of insurance premiums when were forced to make a claim. Luckily the total damage was less then £500 so not worth a claim for me but I'm still going through the motions with my home insurer about the bike theft and I don't think there going to cover the full replacement cost. Unless I can convince them that their policy wording is deliberately misleading.

Still enjoying using the van though and hope you all have safe travels.
Sorry to hear about the attempted theft. Like seasideBill I too have a 640 SLB on order. As far as I am aware the van will only come with an immobiliser. I'm surprised your insurance company have insured it without an alarm? Comfort have told me that due to the value of the new van I will have to have an approve alarm fitted before they will insure it. I think a lot of people use Vanbitz for an alarm. I won't be able to do that so am having an alarm fitted by the dealer before collection. Our last van did not have an alarm, only the mobiliser. One thing I did on our last van was to rotate the drivers side front seat and use a motorcycle Patriot lock to fix the seat in position. The theory being that if a thief can't turn the seat around, they cant drive the van away. The video in the link below show you how to do it. The video is a bit shaky in parts but you get the idea. If I'm going away without the van I always put on a wheel clamp and a steering lock. My thought is that the longer a thief thinks its going to take to do the job, they may bu**er of!

Finchy

Free Member
Oct 5, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Thanks all for your concerns and questions:
1. The proplate was from Car & Commercial Solutions Ltd, I think I bought from ebay.
2. They were definitely looking at driving the MH away as they had also attempted to cut my neighbours handbrake cable as his car was blocking the way. They clearly must have had the immobiliser override software for the OBD port as you would have not been able to tow it even after moving the neighbours car.
3. Its a 2023 model, so having read on forums about Ducato security I would say they have made no improvements.
4. The dealer is sorting the fly screen under warranty so you don't have to pay for it, and they also thought it would have come with that fix.

I have just checked my insurance policy and all its states for security is the tracker they gave me with the policy, I did mention a factory immobiliser when I took it out though. I am going to get a steering lock as I would prefer they didn't try to enter, I think locking the drivers seat in reverse is also a good idea but they could think I just left it that way.

At home I have added more CCTV coverage of the parking area and boosted the security lighting. I am also adding a smart home alarm and putting a PIR in the van so the house alarm will go off which they will not be able to disable so easy. I am also adding an external pir outside light to the van to replace the one fitted as standard, again something Adria could simply do. I will see how this goes but the next I leave the van when I'm away I am tempted to remove both front wheels as an absolute deterrent :).

For piece of mind when sleeping in the van I am just going to fit a simple shed pir alarm. I have looked into separate external sensors but I think false alerts from passers by or animals would get annoying.

One thing that does concern me about having an alarm fitted to the van is to make sure it has a separate fob and not have it disabled by the fiat central locking fob. When they come through the drivers lock, it disables the central locking. To check your van alarm is separate from the central locking I would try opening the van with the key in the drivers door and see if the alarm goes off when you open the door and climb in.

Hope that all helps.

Finchy

Free Member
Oct 5, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
You mean to replace this light with one including a PIR?
Thanks for sharing.

View attachment 819580
Yes, I have ordered a cheap chinese solar strip light to see how that looks but Fiamma do one for £99. Have now fitted a lock to the drivers seat which will take some serious angle grinding to remove, jus need some fluorescent tape to go round a lock I had spare.
IMG_2962.jpg

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
I only found out later that you can apply to Fiat to extent your warranty however I believe it must be done within 2 weeks of registration and isn’t easy.
Hi,
I am taking delivery of a new Twin in January so just wondering how to apply for this Fiat extended warranty , it seems that it’s not well publicised ?
Thanis.

Aug 29, 2022
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Hi,
I am taking delivery of a new Twin in January so just wondering how to apply for this Fiat extended warranty , it seems that it’s not well publicised ?
Thanis.
We got our Twin from Brownhills got the warranty pick up day no problem

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
Hi,
Thanis.
I believe within 14 days of purchase.

Check with the dealer beforehand.

It seems that if they are also a Fiat Professional garage they can do it.

If they have no idea, or more likely can't be bothered, there are Fiat Professional garages that will do it for you, Adams Morey have been mentioned on the forum.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back