Your Beer of the week (1 Viewer)

Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Sorry about that but needs must.
Popping over to the brewery shop later this week, see if i can get a couple of 5L casks.

Publish the brewery address, will you, it’s not far for me to drive to hit that shop.. when I get home from Spain, that is..

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Sorry about that but needs must.
Popping over to the brewery shop later this week, see if i can get a couple of 5L casks.
Have you tried some of their other beers?I like Farmers blonde, Jack o lantern, stout and brown cow! I don’t think I’ve had any of theirs that I haven’t liked tbh!

Oct 29, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Most of my life in one form or another
Bought a few of these last year. Only just got round to trying it.
8% deceptively strong.
quite a bitter cherry taste but very nice.

20231130_144403.jpg

Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Bought a few of these last year. Only just got round to trying it.
8% deceptively strong.
quite a bitter cherry taste but very nice.

View attachment 839231

Now you are just being evil, there’s dribble leaking from my mouth. I’m a gonna hunt you down, i’m a gonna find you, I’m gonna sneak up behind you when you’re not looking, I’m a gonna drink your beer…….

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Now you are just being evil, there’s dribble leaking from my mouth. I’m a gonna hunt you down, i’m a gonna find you, I’m gonna sneak up behind you when you’re not looking, I’m a gonna drink your beer…….
dazandandrea. Make that two of us. :devil: .................... :rofl:

Cheers,

Jock. :drink:

Oct 29, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Most of my life in one form or another
Not tried Black mass yet.
Will keep an eye out for it.
Ill be down at Fuggle bunny brew house friday before christmass for a couple of 6 pint carryouts 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
This is a beer that’s been at the top of the tree for years for me. I very seldom run into it on the hand pump and have only done so a couple of times. I know a few landlords who used to buy this in at the stated 7.2% abv and then they keep it in the cellar for a year giving it a kick periodically to liven it up and waiting for it to ’mature’ to just over 10% abv a year later to serve as a very potent Christmas pint. 😳 Have just visited Stamford in Liecester and went into the Adnams shop in the town and low and behold they have Tally Ho in small bottle form so treated meself to a few. Oh how I miss this beer..absolutely georgous..it’s Broadside on steroids for me...wonderful 😋😎🥳🥳🥳

248144EF-7DDE-4AFA-AE4F-A0E9D2103F3B.jpeg 5B9B3988-833D-4058-A3BE-7540F3974BA0.jpeg

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Have just visited Stamford in Liecester
You should have given us a shout Steve, we could have met up with us only being a few miles along the road. BTW, it's in Lincs. ;)

The last time I had Tally Ho, was at the P/boro Beer Festival some years back. It's definitely a cracking pint. (y)

Yesterday at Spoons in P/boro, I was on the Bateman's Rosey Nosey. It was on as the "Manager's Special" at £1.49p a pint. :Eeek: Bring it on. :LOL: It's a lovely pint. (y)

1701850170474.png

Across the road in the Henry Royce, (formerly Yates's Wine Lodge), the Abbot Ale was £2.00 a pint. (y) It was on top form too. (y)

There seems to be a bit of a trend this year for Blond Christmas or Winter Ales, which I've not come across before. I'm sorry, but they just don't appeal to me at this time of year. I like dark and full bodied ales for winter. For those that do like light hoppy ales, enjoy. (y)

Cheers. :drink:

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
You should have given us a shout Steve, we could have met up with us only being a few miles along the road. BTW, it's in Lincs. ;)

The last time I had Tally Ho, was at the P/boro Beer Festival some years back. It's definitely a cracking pint. (y)

Yesterday at Spoons in P/boro, I was on the Bateman's Rosey Nosey. It was on as the "Manager's Special" at £1.49p a pint. :Eeek:Bring it on. :LOL: It's a lovely pint. (y)

View attachment 841459

Across the road in the Henry Royce, (formerly Yates's Wine Lodge), the Abbot Ale was £2.00 a pint. (y) It was on top form too. (y)

There seems to be a bit of a trend this year for Blond Christmas or Winter Ales, which I've not come across before. I'm sorry, but they just don't appeal to me at this time of year. I like dark and full bodied ales for winter. For those that do like light hoppy ales, enjoy. (y)

Oh that’s a shame Jock, didn’t realise you are that close to Stamford and apologies for wrong location 🙈😁 By the way, Stamford is a lovely place, will need another trip there that’s for sure👍

yes we paid £1.49 for a Christmas ale called hohoho in the captain Noel Newton in Oakham. It wernt a bad pint but didn’t go back for another. Had a very nice pint of ‘Greyhound’ in the Stamford spoons, but didn’t catch the brewer unfortunately.👍

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Had a very nice pint of ‘Greyhound’ in the Stamford spoons, but didn’t catch the brewer unfortunately.👍
I had one too Steve, but on Sunday evening after a Christmas Show in the Corn Exchange. It is brewed by Elgoods of Wisbekistan, (Wisbech). ;)

I'm not a fan of Elgoods ales, but the Abbot was off, so I tried the Greyhound. A nice full bodied pint. (y)

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
I had one too Steve, but on Sunday evening after a Christmas Show in the Corn Exchange. It is brewed by Elgoods of Wisbekistan, (Wisbech). ;)

I'm not a fan of Elgoods ales, but the Abbot was off, so I tried the Greyhound. A nice full bodied pint. (y)

Thanks for the extra info Jock. A good pint indeed, I ended up having several. 😁🫣

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
The white Christmas I bought from Morrisons is the same brewery as the Wight Christmas I had in spoons the later one was a dark ale and I think was better but Morrisons is also nice,
In weatherspoons on the pump of wight Christmas I’m sure it said it it was from saltaire brewery But checking it comes from island brewery and the white Christmas comes from saltaire.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
I would never have thought that of you Steve. :xeek: ................. :xrofl:

Jock. ;)
Oh blimey Jock. Only stumbled upon the The White Hart Inn in Aldeburgh today and guess what they had 🫣 yep, Tally Ho on hand pump😎 Hasten to say I had a few. 🥳🥳🥳 ..and what a delightful little pub it is too..will be back there soon for sure. 👍

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
This is a beer that’s been at the top of the tree for years for me. I very seldom run into it on the hand pump and have only done so a couple of times. I know a few landlords who used to buy this in at the stated 7.2% abv and then they keep it in the cellar for a year giving it a kick periodically to liven it up and waiting for it to ’mature’ to just over 10% abv a year later to serve as a very potent Christmas pint. 😳 Have just visited Stamford in Liecester and went into the Adnams shop in the town and low and behold they have Tally Ho in small bottle form so treated meself to a few. Oh how I miss this beer..absolutely georgous..it’s Broadside on steroids for me...wonderful 😋😎🥳🥳🥳

View attachment 841383 View attachment 841384
Never heard of that kind of beer before, not here:unsure:
I see wikipedia says it's a strong English ale kind of bitter-sweet? I certainly would enjoy that one(y)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Oh blimey Jock. Only stumbled upon the The White Hart Inn in Aldeburgh today and guess what they had 🫣 yep, Tally Ho on hand pump😎 Hasten to say I had a few. 🥳🥳🥳 ..and what a delightful little pub it is too..will be back there soon for sure. 👍
Not far from us then, near Dunwich

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
A few Steve? :whatthe: I think three pints would soon see me sliding down under the table. :xrofl:

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Never heard of that kind of beer before, not here:unsure:
I see wikipedia says it's a strong English ale kind of bitter-sweet? I certainly would enjoy that one(y)
It’s from the Adnams brewery company. Tally Ho is traditionally a Christmas brew Only. Was warned today at the pub that it can be anywhere between 7.2 abv to 11abv 😳 Some pubs I know buy this in months and up to a year before Christmas and leave it in the cellar to ‘festa’ for a year giving it a kick now and again to liven things up up a bit. It’s brewed at 7.2 abv but after the course of a year it’s normally served up at or just over 10 abv, truly a Christmas ale never to forget and it’s as moorish as hell. 😎😎🥳🥳🥳

Sep 20, 2018
York, UK
Funster No
MH
elddis 196
Exp
since 2017
It’s from the Adnams brewery company. Tally Ho is traditionally a Christmas brew Only. Was warned today at the pub that it can be anywhere between 7.2 abv to 11abv 😳 Some pubs I know buy this in months and up to a year before Christmas and leave it in the cellar to ‘festa’ for a year giving it a kick now and again to liven things up up a bit. It’s brewed at 7.2 abv but after the course of a year it’s normally served up at or just over 10 abv, truly a Christmas ale never to forget and it’s as moorish as hell. 😎😎🥳🥳🥳
No wonder it's that strong, it's a barley wine!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back