Why isn't our motorhome selling, feedback needed. (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Waterpump and cambelt were replaced in 2019 , with receipts from where I had it done.
Your advert says it was replaced Oct 2018. I don't know your engine but regardless of mileage the general guide is to replace at 5 years. Even when little used the belt can harden, deteriorate and take on a 'set' - much like tyres I'd guess.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Your advert says it was replaced Oct 2018. I don't know your engine but regardless of mileage the general guide is to replace at 5 years. Even when little used the belt can harden, deteriorate and take on a 'set' - much like tyres I'd guess.
Well let's be honest if someone is thinking of buying a motorhome at 10 to 12 grand and expecting all jobs to have been done cambelt ect ect. They would be best of looking at other motorhomes there are plenty of 2019 motorhomes for sale that will also require the cambelt changing. But that has to be factored in.

Personally I would be saying to myself yeah cambelt needs doing I will get that done myself. But if the motorhome is 12 grand then I would negotiate a little on the price.

Or if it was worth every penny of 12k I would budget for a cambelt after all it's a service item

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
You are quite right, I have just been to check the receipt and it's October 2018.
Sorry, my oversight.
Fir info, it's a 1.9td engine and from the October date , mileage is nearer 4000 miles, I think.
Either way, as stated, they both probably could do with looking at, just to be safe.
I wonder how many motorhomers religeously do change these items on a time basis despite of mileage?
I wonder how many also knew of the 5 year guidance?

Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
We prefer LHD as it is a breeze in Europe.
Yours is a Liner rather than a motorhome. Very high spec indeed, with extras into the £15,000-£20k area.
I think it will sell to someone who wants a full-time motorhome.
This is not the average van.
I think that you just need to find the right buyer. A new one to this spec would be £200k+ imho.
Possibly emphasise the 'Full-Timer' quality and the amazing extras.
Good luck.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I wonder how many motorhomers religeously do change these items on a time basis despite of mileage?
I wonder how many also knew of the 5 year guidance?
It's a sort 'can't prove a negative' issue as the only time you'll wonder if you should've changed it is when it breaks. I've always respected the 5 year guidance as I never reach the 60,000 miles guidance within 5 years. As you are no doubt aware it's likely to costs thousands to fix the damage of a broken cam belt.
(I'm excluding vehicles that have non-interference engines and don't know whether these are used in any motorhomes).

Feb 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benivan
Yours is a Liner rather than a motorhome. Very high spec indeed, with extras into the £15,000-£20k area.
I think that you just need to find the right buyer. A new one to this spec would be £200k+ imho.
Good luck.
Makes sense . Bit surprised at a few commenting on the high mileage. It's done less than 5k a year

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Good luck.

Not many British buyers can full-time in EU now, unless they have an Irish spouse or are prepared to dodge in/out of Morocco and Turkey, or currently Cyprus but not for long.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you put motorhome into eBay you get 4800 results and if you then put in campervan you get another 3000 so taking into account a bit of overlap there there is approximately 6000 vans out there for sale just on eBay add them to ones that are on Facebook and other places you will have 10000 vans for sale from £500 to 100 grand or so, so to sell ,a van has got to be very special or cheap ,middle of the road ones are going to to be very hard to sell.

Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
If you put motorhome into eBay you get 4800 results and if you then put in campervan you get another 3000 so taking into account a bit of overlap there there is approximately 6000 vans out there for sale just on eBay add them to ones that are on Facebook and other places you will have 10000 vans for sale from £500 to 100 grand or so, so to sell ,a van has got to be very special or cheap ,middle of the road ones are going to to be very hard to sell.
Yeah still nearly 12000 for sale on autotrader. Has dropped slightly but we are into June now so I wonder when the dealers think they will sell called in just over a week ago to brown hills was rammed with vans never seen as many parked every where. Mind you when you pull up in the car park and there's van conversions for 100k plus there's no wonder who on earth would pay something like that.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..

Or nicely different to stand out as this does..… a fantastic well built and appointed vehicle with perfect upgrades. It’s spot on for someone. That someone will turn up! Have faith! ✔️🤞👍🏻

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Or nicely different to stand out as this does..… a fantastic well built and appointed vehicle with perfect upgrades. It’s spot on for someone. That someone will turn up! Have faith! ✔️🤞👍🏻
Which one?

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
I just had a look at the advert and I think it looks lovely, I had some difficulty getting the photos to go full screen and stay full screen on my iPad. I would think lack of interest will boil down to the fact that there won’t be many people who have that amount of money available to spend, and hopefully the one person you need to buy will be around soon.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Agree. There's constructive criticism and downright rudeness. That's not necessary. I'd have been gutted, Sandra is made of stronger stuff 😊
And it's their nice new house we were all following the build of on another thread.

Last edited:

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Agree. There's constructive criticism and downright rudeness. That's not necessary. I'd have been gutted, Sandra is made of stronger stuff 😊
Ditto from me on all this .

Their house is also lovely and so beautiful and well designed inside as well. I can confirm right now that their spare bed is very comfortable (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back