What have you fixed on your motorhome this week? (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
The only spring I could find was £35 with no guarantee it was the right one. Didn’t fancy trying to fabricate one myself, so the complete lock was the only answer.
One used to be able to get a full box of assorted springs from Screwfix (or similar) for less than £35! 😱

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Not a fix but removed the factory fitted table for a smaller one.
1000016127.jpg
1000016128.jpg

Apr 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Timberland Endeavour
Pulled a dent out of back door- van has a bike rack and previous owner had obviously backed into a wall or something leaving a nasty crease in the bottom corner. Went to a mate who has a boat on a trailer down his drive with a winch on the trailer.
Long story short we pulled the bike rack with the winch and a couple of pulls and the doorway (nearly) good as new.
Silly me- I took my I pad with me to take before and after pics and promptly forgot to take any!!
Very happy though, looks a lot better than it was.
I'll get some pics tomorrow and post them
Cheers, Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
5' X 4' 2 seats .40.mph,220kg and lots of smiles !!
I was tempted once up on a time. But now I need to do a 10 mile drive regularly along a fairly fast but very rural country road. I wouldn't feel safe with the idiots.
Also winter time, it looks like it would be miserable :(

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
I was tempted once up on a time. But now I need to do a 10 mile drive regularly along a fairly fast but very rural country road. I wouldn't feel safe with the idiots.
Also winter time, it looks like it would be miserable :(
Only bought as a toad so won't be going far and selected roads only next step from ebikes.. which are always a security worry

Apr 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Timberland Endeavour
Pulled a dent out of back door- van has a bike rack and previous owner had obviously backed into a wall or something leaving a nasty crease in the bottom corner. Went to a mate who has a boat on a trailer down his drive with a winch on the trailer.
Long story short we pulled the bike rack with the winch and a couple of pulls and the doorway (nearly) good as new.
Silly me- I took my I pad with me to take before and after pics and promptly forgot to take any!!
Very happy though, looks a lot better than it was.
I'll get some pics tomorrow and post them
Cheers, Dave
Here we go then-Dent was at bottom corner of RH door, I think we did a good job, probably saved a few quid too.

IMG_0426.jpeg

IMG_0427.jpeg

Ode

Apr 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot compass ca
Exp
Airbag light came on and I thought I may have the dreaded airbag module issue ,but checked system out and found the passenger seat yellow plug was apart ,plugged back together and they presto light went out.
I realised I had taken van tool kit box from under seat and when I pushed it back it must have pulled plug apart.

Oct 21, 2021
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Mutsubis fuso/canter
Exp
5 years
After getting fed up with the back picture window leaking if the motorhome was on a left hand lean...
Purchased new rubbers for all of the windows.
Got the local windscreen guy to remove the back picture window (only half of the sealant was doing anything), reseal and install the new rubbers all around.
Being a 20 year old motorhome, the rubbers had shrunk and got brittle.
Looks so much tidier now that the rubbers are seated properly and not pulled away from the corners. Up to 60mm in some places.

Icing on the cake was that I was charged under half of what the initial quote was. :clap:

Jun 6, 2022
Bottesford, Scunthorpe, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Sorry no pics, followed a you tube vid, but fixed the fridge on gas, was barely getting cool, it was lighting OK, so off came the panel and I removed the burner and pipe it wouldn't come out the burner so took other end out manifold, parted them in the garage and had bits in it, to so used the airline and gave it a good blowing out along with the burner, refitted it, turned it on and by the time I had finished boxing it all up it was getting cold, it worked ok EHU in fact it will freeze stuff and use to on Gas and does again :)

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Not exactly a fix but, fitted an additional USB socket fed from hab battery adjacent to passenger seat. Removed oven in preparation for replacing it with 2 drawers. (we never use the oven). Pics to follow when job is complete.

May 2, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Frontier
Exp
I'm a newbie
OH been busy, replaced complete wing mirror unit after while van man took it off 🙄 Removed and re-sealed newly leaking skylight. Fitted extra socket for tv as fed up seeing wires. All done to my satisfaction!🫣🤣🤣

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The problem, (as perceived by Mrs Emmit)
The squarish table in our Pilote was extending too far into the 'walkway' between the front seats and the rest of the van.
I apologise in advance for the photo of the table. It was taken AFTER the fix.
Anyway, the solution;

I discovered that when I measured the distance from the outside of the pedestal leg to the outermost edge of the table, sliding the table to the minimum distance possible, (it can travel in all four directions on runners), three of the measurements were the same, ie 8". However, the measurement to the rear of the table, (nearest the forward facing dinette seat) was only 5".
I took a power screwdriver/drill to the 6 screws holding the table to the floor and made what was for me, a lucky discovery.
Because there were 6 screws, ordinarily I could only move the table through 60 degrees of the circle, however, someone in the van's past had fastened the table through 90 degrees and I found an additional 6 screw holes.
I was therefore able to turn the whole table a quarter turn anticlockwise, and, as a result, I have obtained a 3" increase in the gap between the table and the offside side facing seat which was always a little tight in giving access to the driver/passenger seats.
IMG20240912170919.jpg

Jun 6, 2022
Bottesford, Scunthorpe, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Got a couple of jobs coming up next week or so weather permitting, rear window, we noticed water ingress on the blind during that storm in August, it happened on a side window last year, then it was a combination of aging mastic and movement causing mastic to lose grip so I would the same here, the other after spending weeks on the internet trying to source Remis Vario 1 gearbox and fed up with it lifting in the wind as it wouldn't lock down a brand new 600x900 Remis Vario 2 sits in the conservatory awaiting a couple of dry days - ouch - not cheap, will take pics this time

Aug 28, 2024
Funster No
MH
Dreamer d42
Treated the underside to a coat of S50 cavity wax and the arches, spare Wheel area a coat of UB wax. Both by Bilt Hamber. Needs another coat in the arches and the box sections and doors will get a coat inside when the order gets delivered. Had intended to use Lanoguard as I had some left over from the car but it just wouldn't feed through the spayer despite warming up. The Bilt Hamber stuff being in 750ml aerosol is dead easy to apply.

Aug 28, 2024
Funster No
MH
Dreamer d42
Removed x2 110ah lead acid batteries and fitted a 230ah fogstar lithium.
The nordelectronica dc.dc and mains chargers on lead profile are within fogstars operating window, although may sit in bulk charge mode longer than ideal so will monitor via fogstar app and turn off mains charger manually.
Also added a victron smart shunt. Created enough space for a victron mppt to be fitted vertically near the battery when I goto vanbitz in October for solar and alarm fitting.
The rapido Dreamer d42 charge cables at 10mm2 are OK fused at 50amp but the amount of cost and time required to rewire and add busbars isn't justified given I've no inverter.

Mar 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T70 HQ
Treated the underside to a coat of S50 cavity wax and the arches, spare Wheel area a coat of UB wax. Both by Bilt Hamber. Needs another coat in the arches and the box sections and doors will get a coat inside when the order gets delivered. Had intended to use Lanoguard as I had some left over from the car but it just wouldn't feed through the spayer despite warming up. The Bilt Hamber stuff being in 750ml aerosol is dead easy to apply.
What the Bilt Hamber stuff like? I.e like waxoyl or more like Lanoguard?

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Finally got around to improving the TV bracket in the lounge/dining area. We've had three different versions, but this one seems to be the most stable and positions the TV at a height that can be varied. I installed the additional TV/sat socket some time ago.

They are 12mm threaded rods, with rubber hose pipe sheathing and 15mm pipe clips. The rids simply slide into the existing frame that is used to make the 5th belted seat

Now I need to do a bit of cable management and reduce the lengths of the cables by at least 50%, though as we have another TV socket in the bedroom area I need to make sure I don't cut them too short ....

IMG_20240915_152957.jpg

IMG_20240915_153245.jpg
IMG_20240915_153100.jpg

IMG_20240915_155750.jpg

IMG_20240915_155908.jpg

Jun 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner lyseo 590
Exp
March 2022
Water pump pipe had become separated from the pump so no water to taps… managed with a bit of 🤬 to get both my hands in the water tank and reattach.. cut and bruised in the process tho

IMG_7946.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back