What have you fixed on your motorhome this week? (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
The only spring I could find was £35 with no guarantee it was the right one. Didn’t fancy trying to fabricate one myself, so the complete lock was the only answer.
One used to be able to get a full box of assorted springs from Screwfix (or similar) for less than £35! 😱

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Not a fix but removed the factory fitted table for a smaller one.
1000016127.jpg
1000016128.jpg

Apr 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Timberland Endeavour
Pulled a dent out of back door- van has a bike rack and previous owner had obviously backed into a wall or something leaving a nasty crease in the bottom corner. Went to a mate who has a boat on a trailer down his drive with a winch on the trailer.
Long story short we pulled the bike rack with the winch and a couple of pulls and the doorway (nearly) good as new.
Silly me- I took my I pad with me to take before and after pics and promptly forgot to take any!!
Very happy though, looks a lot better than it was.
I'll get some pics tomorrow and post them
Cheers, Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
5' X 4' 2 seats .40.mph,220kg and lots of smiles !!
I was tempted once up on a time. But now I need to do a 10 mile drive regularly along a fairly fast but very rural country road. I wouldn't feel safe with the idiots.
Also winter time, it looks like it would be miserable :(

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
I was tempted once up on a time. But now I need to do a 10 mile drive regularly along a fairly fast but very rural country road. I wouldn't feel safe with the idiots.
Also winter time, it looks like it would be miserable :(
Only bought as a toad so won't be going far and selected roads only next step from ebikes.. which are always a security worry

Apr 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Timberland Endeavour
Pulled a dent out of back door- van has a bike rack and previous owner had obviously backed into a wall or something leaving a nasty crease in the bottom corner. Went to a mate who has a boat on a trailer down his drive with a winch on the trailer.
Long story short we pulled the bike rack with the winch and a couple of pulls and the doorway (nearly) good as new.
Silly me- I took my I pad with me to take before and after pics and promptly forgot to take any!!
Very happy though, looks a lot better than it was.
I'll get some pics tomorrow and post them
Cheers, Dave
Here we go then-Dent was at bottom corner of RH door, I think we did a good job, probably saved a few quid too.

IMG_0426.jpeg

IMG_0427.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ode

Apr 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot compass ca
Exp
Airbag light came on and I thought I may have the dreaded airbag module issue ,but checked system out and found the passenger seat yellow plug was apart ,plugged back together and they presto light went out.
I realised I had taken van tool kit box from under seat and when I pushed it back it must have pulled plug apart.

Oct 21, 2021
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Mutsubis fuso/canter
Exp
5 years
After getting fed up with the back picture window leaking if the motorhome was on a left hand lean...
Purchased new rubbers for all of the windows.
Got the local windscreen guy to remove the back picture window (only half of the sealant was doing anything), reseal and install the new rubbers all around.
Being a 20 year old motorhome, the rubbers had shrunk and got brittle.
Looks so much tidier now that the rubbers are seated properly and not pulled away from the corners. Up to 60mm in some places.

Icing on the cake was that I was charged under half of what the initial quote was. :clap:

Jun 6, 2022
Bottesford, Scunthorpe, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Sorry no pics, followed a you tube vid, but fixed the fridge on gas, was barely getting cool, it was lighting OK, so off came the panel and I removed the burner and pipe it wouldn't come out the burner so took other end out manifold, parted them in the garage and had bits in it, to so used the airline and gave it a good blowing out along with the burner, refitted it, turned it on and by the time I had finished boxing it all up it was getting cold, it worked ok EHU in fact it will freeze stuff and use to on Gas and does again :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back