What have you fixed on your motorhome this week?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Just changed rocker cover on the van which i cracked months ago.Unfortunately you have to remover the fresh air intake, the air filter complete ,all the pipes for the injectors ,wiring harness, leak off pipes, the injector clamps & remove the injectors as they go right through the rocker cover & the double cam carrier.
Now you have removed them the injector seats have to be cleaned &/or recut, ,new, injector copper seals, new injector hold down bolts as they are a "stretch" type,4" long with a waisted 8mm to 6mm thread .Then replace all the tat you have taken off + new leak off 'O' rings.

you wouldn't see no change out of 1,000 pounds in a UK garage to do this. In fact just remembering Ford prices here it would be far in excess of that as the parts at Ford prices come to over 600€ & why I buy elsewhere .

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMLi880
Exp
Owned a MH since 2012
Just the right length and tension bungee strap to hold the hab door open securely - as the plastic grip that's supposed to do the job is useless. :RollEyes:
I abandoned the bungees and forked out £6 for a replacement door retainer off eBay - works a treat! 😬

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back