What have you fixed on your motorhome this week?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Just changed rocker cover on the van which i cracked months ago.Unfortunately you have to remover the fresh air intake, the air filter complete ,all the pipes for the injectors ,wiring harness, leak off pipes, the injector clamps & remove the injectors as they go right through the rocker cover & the double cam carrier.
Now you have removed them the injector seats have to be cleaned &/or recut, ,new, injector copper seals, new injector hold down bolts as they are a "stretch" type,4" long with a waisted 8mm to 6mm thread .Then replace all the tat you have taken off + new leak off 'O' rings.

you wouldn't see no change out of 1,000 pounds in a UK garage to do this. In fact just remembering Ford prices here it would be far in excess of that as the parts at Ford prices come to over 600€ & why I buy elsewhere .

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMLi880
Exp
Owned a MH since 2012
Just the right length and tension bungee strap to hold the hab door open securely - as the plastic grip that's supposed to do the job is useless. :RollEyes:
I abandoned the bungees and forked out £6 for a replacement door retainer off eBay - works a treat! 😬

OP
OP
Wildbill
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Think you will find it is a 2,2 Tdci for front wheel drive.the 2,4's are rear wheel drive.

I should have said that while you had the engine out you should have cut the top off the catalytic converter ,knocked the guts out then rewelded .It doesn't affect emissions. Also while you have the front out remove the EGR valve & blank that both sides where the joints are also. Another that affects nothing but they rarely last much more than a year as they are plastic junk inside.
No comment gov
WB

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute
Fixed the non functional water pump by attaching the red wire that was loose and screwed the internal window blind back on that fell off on the journey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Not fixed but fitted some HeoSafe cab door locks today. Bit daunting the idea of cutting the Remis blinds but used a multi tool with a fine 10mm cutting blade and it’s made quite a neat job.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Today I put another three 70w batteries in our new wan for the leisure side of the van
This is to run the habitation side of the van
Every light is led so no worries thare
It the other things like the tv diesel heater will be the high consumer
No hare dryer or curling tongs
WB

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back